August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I used this when my body was extremely allergic / sensitive and I can't use anything too harsh like my daily sea salt scrub.

It works nicely and gently enough. To clean and moisturise. Too expensive for regular daily use if your skin is normal.

I would say if your skin is hiving or acting up, yes go ahead.

Or else, stick to the cheaper versions that have more grits or make your own! So easy to do that and so healthy too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely, gentle exfoliating scrub. The salt grains don't last long, so if you're looking for something abrasive then this is not for you. However, if you want a gentle exfoliating and great moisturising scrub, then this is perfect. The scent is subtle but a powdery fresh, it isn't over powering, a shame almost as I'd like it to linger on my skin. My skin is delightfully soft though. It is pricey, I'm not sure it's worth 15, I bought this when I spent 40 and got 20 off on the Body Shop website, so I'd buy it again in that deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kismis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this and wish they would bottle it up and sell a long-staying shower crème with this lovely fresh and rustic scent. It reminds me of a clean beachside hut by the Southeast Asian seas.

This is made of sugar grains so they do melt down quite quickly especially since I like taking warm showers. It is not a harsh scrub and the sugar grains are smothered in a soft cream which really feels quite nice and luxurious on the skin and definitely does not strip it down.

After my shower, my skin is smooth and moisturised and I do not necessarily need to moisturise. Usually I don’t, because I like this scent to stay on my skin rather than have it overtaken by the scent of my moisturiser.

It seems to be helping some of my ingrowns as I get them lesser ever since starting on this once a week. I will take the below reviewer's advice and try it directly on dry skin to get more exfoliation.

The plastic bottle is safe for the shower but has a rather clumsy steel metal clasp that firstly, and gets a bit rusty and metallic smelling in the wet environs of the bathroom and also, is very tight and hard to unlatch with wet hands without it back-snapping on your fingers. Hate that.

Probably won’t pay the usual price of SGD52.90 for it because of the clumsy jar clasp but there are discounts and sales pretty often for TBS so will watch for those to repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this provides very gentle exfoliation...It does leave your skin feeling soft afterward, but I prefer my exfoliate texture to be very gritty and feel "scrubby" as I can moisturize after. I would not repurchase, but may try adding coffee grains like the person below suggested to get a more grittier texture. I use it by getting in the shower, wetting my skin, and then vigorously rubbing it in circular motions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

As a body scrub this is rubbish. The only way to use it is on dry skin and in the case you wish for VERY gentle exfoliation. I personally hate scrtubs that don't do anything but moisturize.Love the packaging of a glass jar, it's totally like some salon treatments look like. Reminds me of British marmalade jars too. This costs waaaay too much for what you're getting, but I still don't regret at all.
I am a DIY body scrub team member but at times I want to splurge or experiment with different products. My usual is a mixture of oils (almond, cocoa, coconut, shea, olive) and coffee grains, salt or sugar with optional honey.
TIP: I made great use and worth of this product.In a bowl I mixed this scrub out of the jar with post-brew coffee grains and it was fantastic! It smells divine and exfoliates very well while still providing moisture so I could skip body lotion afterwards, but not does not go on too oily so that I would have to use showel gel or body wash after the scrub. You can vary how harsh you want the scrub to be by adding more or less coffee. But, please, DON'T ADD OIL! It will ruin the product and make it too runny or it just won't blend together.
It does get a bit messy in the shower, but nothing compared to olive oil+coffee grains scrub.
I might want to repurchase because I love how great it is with coffee grains and how little of this product I need for my entire body. But I think I'd rather find something organic and cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, so glad I picked this up for $10 on Black Friday otherwise I'd be quite upset. I bought this online as there isn't a Body Shop near me, so I wasn't able to get a feel for what this is like. I was expecting more of a scrub, but this honestly is more of a beeswax/candle wax consistency with tiny beads of salt scrub mixed in it that are so scarce in quantity I felt more like I was massaging in candle wax than something that was exfoliating my skin. I have dry skin in the winter so I need something to slough off dry skin and this did nothing to do that. I guess it would help with moisturizing, but I apply body lotion after showering, so that was a moot point. I was pretty disappointed as it does NOTHING to exfoliate heavy duty like my body needs. It smells ok, comes in a cool pot, and has nice ingredients. HOWEVER, it costs $22 online normally. Completely and totally NOT worth it. Looking for a good scrub at a much better price point that actually exfoliates? I recommend the Tree Hut brand's sugar scrubs.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately this did nothing to remove the ingrown hairs I have due to waxing even though I have been using this with the body shop exfoliating brush therefore I should not be repurchasing... still in search for a good exfoliator that does remove ingrown hair effectively. On the upside this does feel smooth when you put it on your body but thats all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by msTaps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of the best body scrubs ive used. I make my own scrubs and feel those are more exfoliating but my olive oil base (equal amts of sugar and olive oil plus 1 juiced lemon. Refrigerate unused portions) but the olive oil base is too oily so I have to wash it off. I also find that using scrubs on dry skin instead of.wet skin makes it more exfoliating. After scrubbing, add some.water to dissolve the sugars and salt and you can shave your legs. This scrub, if used on dry skin right before a shower, will give you baby soft skin and I dont even have to wash it off like other scrubs. Lotion is also optional since it has moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by genyem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg hg body scrub this scrub is amazing!!! My friend introduced me to this she used it on my hands and it made it look smoother softer so now I use it all over and I love tge feeling of it afterwards makes ur body feel so smooth and soft

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a relatively pricey scrub comparing to most of the similar products in the markets. I purchased it at the Body Shop store for HK$ 319.

It does a decent job in exploitating but not impressive. Anyway, this and the St Ives In Shower Exfoliating Body Polish- Oatmeal and Shea Butter would be my go to body scrubs.