October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Powerhouse Amplified

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this colour and bought two because it is a GREAT shade of red on my cool pale face. It looks hauntingly lovely paired with thickly coated mascaraed eyelashes paired with neutral eyes. Very 50's glam!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Cerezas

Too bad this is DC, because I really like this. On me, it's a fiery true red, with just the slightest hint of an orange undertone. Over a cherry-colored liner, it becomes an intense true red, and one of my favorite things in makeup ever.

I love love love the finish, the staying power, and the color payoff and depth of this lipstick. The color is great too. It's also not as "loud" as most people claim either. I find it very pretty, and even suitable for everyday wear. But I'm a red addict, so take that as you may.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glad I got this before it was discontinued. My 3rd favorite red lipstick. #1 being Ruby Woo (a true red with blue undertones) #2 being Lady Danger (an orangey red that only looks good if layerd with spring bean lustreglass) and this one is much more fushia then a true red. Looks good worn alone or with a lip gloss layered over it. Too bad it has been discontinued. MAC is by far the leader in creating the best red lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading these descriptions I cannot believe how fuschia this was on me. horribly fuschia, really 1980's in a bad way. Even swatching it on my hand you could see the pink in this. I am an NW20 and I used to wear Russian Red for years but this one was one I could never pull off. It made me look like a crazy cat lady.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by l0ve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this color from the back to mac program, while searching for a very bright/cherry red. This is bright and looks amazing. It does have a bit of pink to it though but all in all, it's a nice red color. Looks great with a no eye makeup and just a red lip.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Seo219

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the record this lipstick has now been discontinued. If you find it, definetly pick up one or two. This lipstick is amazing! I have both Russian Red and Powerhouse and Powerhouse is the reddest of the red.

It looks amazing on and is very creamy. HG!

I got one of the last two in stock, but I have two red lipsticks now and can't afford a back up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My search is finally over!

This, my friends, is the real deal: A true bright RED lipstick that looks red in the tube AND red on my lips!

"Powerhouse" is a bright, bold, vivid, fire-engine, in-your-face red.I don't detect any brown, orange, blue, or pink tones to this one. It's pure red red red red red red, which is exactly what I want.

On the advice of an online MA, I bought "Russian Red" first. It's beautiful, but "Powerhouse" is my dream red lipstick: Smooth, creamy, well-pigmented, long-lasting, comfortable to wear and, above all, TRUE RED.

Unless I find something better, which is highly unlikely, "Powerhouse" is my HG red lipstick!
UPDATE: I've had "Powerhouse" for a couple of months now, and my love for it has only grown stronger. This is the red lipstick I'd been seeking for literally years. If MAC ever discontinues this one, I'll be crushed.

I recommend this one VERY highly to those who are not afraid of having lips of bright true red.
UPDATE 11/21/06: My HG has been axed! I don't believe it! I think I'll try "Ruby Woo" now.

FINAL UPDATE: Scored a back-up of "Powerhouse!" Hoo-ray!!

BTW, I did try "Ruby Woo," and love it, but "Powerhouse" is still a more vivid and in-your-face red than "Ruby," and will always have a special place in my heart. Fortunately, now I know I'll probably never be without it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by glitterbomb

I love love love this lipstick, it's my favorite red so far. I'm a cool FFF, and on me its a vibrant classic red, perfect for making a statement when i go out! the Amplified Creme formula is great too, only have to reapply a couple times in one night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I am not so sure if this can be considered a "true red" or not. It does seem to have some orange undertones when I wear it. I am a cool toned PPP, so I can usually only get away with blue reds. This is a pretty red nontheless. I am used to reds like Russian Red and Ruby Woo, and this red isn't near as vibrant. I would consider this red an everyday red.

EDIT: Okay I wore this today with an orange red top and it matched. This definitely has orange tones in this lipstick.