October 20, 2014 | 1958 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lip Polish Hi-Shine Color

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lipglossluver13

i have this in flesh light. i love the color, however it is super pigmented (maybe mine's just old) so when i take the sponge applicator out of the bottle, i dab of alot of it and dab it on my lips, rub them together and add a clear shiny gloss on top and it is so cute! i do recommend this product and i hope i can find it in pink cadillac

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in a pale pink color (I can't remember the name; I think it was Candy Desire) and it has little gold flecks in it. I love this product! It's great for a drugstore brand, and for the price.

Pros: incredible hi-shine, seriously glossy lips. I can layer this on on it's own, or over darker lip color for different looks and it will deliver the same hi-shine and polish. Also, it is nowhere near as sticky as other glosses (like L'oreal's Infallible Lipgloss. I hate that product!). It's actually more of a slippery feel. Obviously all glosses will have some level of stickiness but this is honestly one of the better ones. The shine really lasts a long time too (although not through meals and drinks) and gives lips a juicy look!

(see pictures at minimerlin.blogspot.com)

The only flaw in my opinion is when I apply too much, it tends to slide around my mouth and smudge a little bit so my trick is just to apply it in the middle of lips and let it bleed out on its own. When I applied it in the outer corners and edges of lips they tend to slip outside my lip line after a while.

The plastic applicator is also somewhat unusual for those of us used to sponge applicators but it's not too bad, and actually kind of hygienic because you can easily wipe off any gunk.

Overall, will repurchase and try it in different colors!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2004 7:20:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I bought 3 of these at least five years ago. I used one of them a couple of times, before disliking the taste, smell and dryness these gave to my lips. I threw two of them out, but I had never used one of them 'Nude Flash'. It's a beigey-nude kind of colour with gold shimmer. Recently I've been wanting to wear nude lips, and I found this and tried it. It's quite a pretty colour, but the same chemical-fake smell and taste remain. I wore this over a layer of vaseline, so no dryness occurred. There are similar coloured glosses out there, which probably have better formulations, so I would try them before buying another tube of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has great staying power and really is high-shine. But it's a little too stickyy for my licking (I do a lot of moving around so when hair is sticking to my lips, it's not a great thing)Also this tends to leave white resedue once the gloss wears off. Way too sticky for my licking (it's not just the shade I got it in either, i got several shades and all had the same texture)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this gloss in three colors; Whitened Pink, Nude Flash, and Flesh Light. The Nude Flash is a brownish beige color, the Flesh Light is a pink and the Whitened Pink is more of a purplish mauve color. For Nude Flash and Flesh Light I saw absolutley no high shine to it at all. It was more of a lipstick since it offered no shine at all. I still can't get over it!!! I bought a lip gloss and there was no gloss!!! ARGH!!!! Both had a very makeupy smell that I didn't care for. I would've given this product a zero if it was not for the Whitened Pink. This one was actually glossy. And it smelled nothing like the other two. I kind of liked this one and if this was the only one I had then the rating would've been a lot better but the other two killed it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

I liked both colors I've tried out of these and the shine. They're thicker than Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid, but still not as thick as I'd like them to be, so I took a lippie off. I would definitely buy more of these in other colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by dibble

I got this in pink lemon ice. Its an OK wand gloss. Thin in texture, non-sticky. Has some glitter in it but its subtle enough to be everyday wearable. Average but not spectacular.D.xx

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by xxwesishotxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in Pink Cadillac and expected it to show up with more colour. It's pretty clear with a couple sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have at least 5 of these. My favorite is the clear one which acts just like MAC Clear Lipglass but is so much cheaper. They add lots of shine and moisturize my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2002 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticqueen

The color I got was "UltraBrilliant" and I LOVE IT! It has perfect texture and goes on smoothly! It lasts quite a long time too! I actually got it for a birthday gift, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality!