August 27, 2014 | 1890 users online

Styling Products - Alberto Vo5 - Brush Out Hairspray

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by bbleu7856

I bought this recently and was not all that impressed with it. I found that it made my hair feel very sticky and it did not brush out very easily as it claimed. The smell is definitely not my favorite either. It smells strange.. like a mixture of chemicals and fresh vegetables or something. Very odd. Even if it had a typical "aqua net" type smell, it would be preferable to the smell of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

Eh, definitely nothing special. I tried it on curly hair, and it made it a little dull, and when I blow dried and straightened my hair, I didn't really find I could brush through it at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh, I LOVE this stuff. I love it so much I bought TEN bottles of it. Yes, that is how much of a redneck I am. I have very long hair that has some wave to it that I typically help some with an iron. This really keeps the curl and gives me body without looking sprayed...and I use a lot of it. Really love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok...I tried this because of the glowing reviews here. I have fine, straight, long, thick hair. I used this yesterday, & noticed it slightly dulled the shine in my hair...strike one. Then, last night I TRIED to "brush out" my hair & it felt like I'd sprayed it with glue. I use a Mason Pearson brush, & attempted to brush through my hair. My hair was stuck together, knotted, crunchy & just plain disgusting...HUGE strike two. It felt like I was ripping my hair out. I'm throwing this in the garbage so I won't be tempted to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

My HG hairspray. It holds well AND you can completely brush it out without ripping your hair from its roots! I would just die if they stooped making this! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Deb35

I bought this based on reviews I found here and am thankful for the advice. I always brush out after hairspray and expected the brush to snag through my hair. NOT AT ALL, it was no problem. I spray this stuff in really messy to create the volume because now I'm not afraid I'll have a hard time placing my style exactly how I want it. Found it at Walmart and can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by accentcc

This is a great hairspray. It really does brush out so goof ups are easy to redo. It obviously is not a super tough holding spray, but it's not supposed to be. Who wants helmet hair anyway? I have enjoyed using it, it is great for my very fine, thin hair on windy days, it helps a lot, but is easy to put right when the 30 mph winds here blow!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kenics

read this in a magazine and the 'cheaper' version of some designer brand. Well, I love it, it works great. gives me some hold, but also movement. And doesn't build up at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by chapstickaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree completely with the previous poster. I have been using this for over a year now and I LOVE it. I wish it wasn't an aerosol but then it wouldn;t work the same. Can't have my cake and at it too. The only reason this is not perfect is because it is an aerosol. LOVE THE PRODUCT though!

UPDATE 4/14/2012: I still love this. I have long, straight hair that is thick but mostly fine. The roots tend to go flat quickly. I blow dry with a paddle brush and an argan oil serum, then I use an air curling brush to add volume, then I brush my hair, turn my head upside down and spray this, let it dry, flip my head back up, lift the top section of my hair and spray it at the roots under the top section, let it dry, let down the top section, spray the ends and my blunt bangs, let dry, then brush it ALL out. Then finish with a texturizer on bangs only and serum on the ends. It adds volume like a dry shampoo would, does not feel like I have anything in my hair at all, and does NOT dull my hair, like some folks say. It is better than Elnett. If it is ever discontinued, I will probably have a nervous breakdown.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 2:44:00 AM More reviews by pinkladyjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow - American Elnett devotees rejoice! This is the closest thing to L'Oreal's Lady Elnett that I've found stateside. It comes out in a fine, even mist and is dry to the touch as soon as you spray it. And at under $4 a can, it's cheaper than Elnett too (which goes for 5 pounds/$10 in the UK). It lacks the nice signature scent of Elnett (it has a generic hairspray smell), but it's a steal anyway. Highly recommended for all hair types, and for those who want a soft and brushable hold.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No