November 28, 2014 | 1882 users online

Pressed Powders - Ecco Bella - Fair

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by naturalstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the formula and feel of this powder on my skin. I use a kabuki (the puff is useless) and can get a minimal look or build it up to give decent coverage. It covers up redness and doesn't irritate at all, no breakouts. Even though my skin can tend to be a little oily, MMU can really dry it out - no dryness at all with this. Skin looks soft and dewy. Really lovely powder. Been using it daily for 2 weeks and no problems with crumbling. Only problem is the colour, I am very fair - I bought "pale" and its really quite dark - suitable for fair to medium skin. I can use this, but I have to blend it with another powder in a lighter shade on some areas of my face (I tried it on its own a few times to test its performance though). It has a yellow base which works great on me. Its such a gorgeous powder, I wish they would formulate a better shade selection. If they did this in a lighter shade it would be my HG. And the price is very good compared to other ridiculously overpriced natural powders. Only loses marks for poor shade selection.
Ingredients: Mica, kaolin, cornstarch, magnesium carbonate, zinc oxide, sweet almond oil, lecithin, flower wax iron oxides, vitamin E, aloe vera extract, green tea extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pop_puppy

This is my holy grail. I love its ingredients:

Eco-friendly packaging, though non-refillable. The company has anti-animal testing policies too.

I like that it keeps your face looking dewy never oily, covers my acne scars and pores well, long into the day. "Pale" shade is the shade for me with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by gigatea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received this in a swap and it immediately replaced my other pressed powder.

i use pressed powder because they are light and easy to applied.

i love love love the packaging of this powder! it's great, cute, and stylish. lol

like the previous previewer, it does tend to crumble. i do not use the sponge that comes with it. i use ulta's blush brush and instead of swiping the powder, i just pressed my brush to it and voila applied. this way no powder are crumbling off and i can get more powder on the brush if i pressed harder.

i am asian and i got fair i believe. it's got yellow undertones and goes on great! not heavy, light feel and light coverage.

plus it's natural and does not irritate my skin. i can see the bottom of the pan already so i'm going to have to order another one soon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Please see my review of EB blush for more info. In short, the compact for this is great (liked it more than I thought I would...but it is $18 for the set), but the product is not user-friendly. DOES IT CRUMBLE!! Whether using the not-so-great pad that it comes with, or a kabuki brush, it just crumbles on contact...on your skin, on the compact, on the bathroom counter, and in your purse. Yuck. Color was darker on my face than I thought, but I would use this (decent coverage) if it didn't irritate me so.

Going to my sister, too...