LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

4.1

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

The Application:
The Mask of Magnaminty comes in only jars. The mask itself smells like mint chocolate, which makes it very tempting to take a bite out of it. MMM contains Aduki Beans, which makes the mask a little harder to spread around evenly.

The mask would crack when it is completely dry, and I would wash the mask off very slowly, one area at a time, to exfoliate my skin with the Aduki Bean. This ensures that my skin is free of any dead skin, and that it maximizes the potential of this mask to give me a brighter complexion.

The Results:
There are a lot of whiteheads sitting on top of my nose and cheeks, where larger pores are. Instead of using nails, I've learned that it is best to just use a damp cloth and wipe the whiteheads off. If the whiteheads refuses to budge with a cloth, I would just leave it alone instead of picking at it as it could make the pores bigger. The moistness of my face felt just right after the mask, it also feels very soft and looks very vibrant in general.

Final Thoughts?
MJM does a good job in terms of exfoliating and evening out the skin tone for a brighter complexion. However, it doesn't really address the problems of enlarged pores. Overall, it is a gentle mask that does not dry out the skin too much. I recommend those with dry skin to be a little cautious because my mom , who is in her forties and who is not troubled by oily skin, found MJM to be a bit harsh on the skin. MJM did give her a more glowy complexion, but her face stung a little after the mask. Just putting that out there.

Quick Summary
Pros
- Good exfoliation
- Evens out skin tones
- Gives brighter complexion
- Smells very nice
- Relatively inexpensive

Cons
- Doesn't shrink pores
- Relatively short best before date
- Harder to spread around the face evenly
- Also contains Methylparaben

I actually compared this mask with Queen Julep's Mint Mask side by side, along with some photos of me trying the masks on. If you would like to see the full review feel free to visit my blog!

on 8/19/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First lush face mask I purchased and it's amazing other than the fact you look like a green goblin it's a proper life saver for acne prone skin as it removes all dirt, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and any excess oils on the skin. It does leave your skin feeling stinging and cold for a few minutes but you will get used to it the more you use it. I would recommend you use it once or twice a week to optimise results and see a difference quicker .

on 8/18/2015 5:23:00 PM

This was one of my first Lush purchases and I instantly fell in love. This mask smells amazing - it smells like mint but not overpowering. I can feel and see a difference every time I use it. You only have to use this mask once every week since it can dry out your skin.

I also bought the smallest one since I didn't know if I was going to like it and it's going to last so long! The only con I can think of is the price (a lot of Lush products are expensive but they are amazing and natural).

If you can't tell I REALLY like this mask! I will definitely be purchasing more masks from Lush .

on 8/18/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mask is probably my fauvorite out of all the Lush masks. I use it when my skin get a little spotty and it helps to clear out the pores and prevent more break outs. It has a not too strong peppermint scent that I like and I don't really mind the tingling sensation when I put it on. After using it my skin always feels extra clean and fresh. Definitely repurchasing this one.

on 8/18/2015 4:51:00 PM

I got this as a gift and I love it because it makes my skin so soft. It doesn't really help me if I'm already breaking out but it helps to KEEP me from breaking out. Plus I love this smell and the way it kind of tingles my face.

on 8/16/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard that this was a particularly good product through my favourote vloggers on youtube so i tried it. The natural products are great and the fact its so fresh and deep-cleansing is amazing. Worthwhile buying in my opinion.

on 8/15/2015 7:30:00 PM

I use it all the time on my face it's like my fifth bottle I have used it every time

on 8/14/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Happy to get this mask!
I have been using Glam Glow for a while and I agree it's a good mask, but sooo pricey for just a small jar.
I decided to give Lush Magnaminty a go and I think I made a right choice.
It smells wonderful, eventhough it doesn't have that hard effect when I leave it on for 15 minutes or so, but wow my face looks brighter and fresher indeed.
I'm so glad that I don't need to break a bank for a good quality mask :))

on 8/12/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a good mask. However I don't really feel like it did anything for reducing my breakouts. It definitely soothed my breakouts and calmed my skin. It is a really good mask. But I don't really think any mask can really help with reducing breakouts. This mask is good as it doesn't dry my skin out and leave a nice cool feeling onto my skin. It also smells so good. If you are wondering about the difference between the self preserving and non self preserving, the self preserving doesnt contain parabens like the other one does. But the non self preserving is definitely more powerful and tingly on your face and sucks more put of your skin as it hardens where as the self preserving doesn't really dry up and is better for sensitive skins as the original may be too strong. If you are in need of a breakout treatment try lush's Grease Lightning, its my HG spot treatment! Literally the best.

on 8/10/2015 4:47:00 AM

This has been my favorite face mask for several years, and was the only Lush product I would buy during my ramen-eating university years. I do use a REN [glycolactic renewal] mask occasionally too, but this is my HG

It is brightening on my combination skin (which was oilier and zit-prone when I first starting using this, I would call it 'normal combination' now), the tingling minty sensation isn't just for show - it's very cleansing and exfoliating as well. I use it once a week, sometimes twice in the summer. You wet the skin, with a mist or micellar or plain tap water, cleanse gentle if you want, then smear this fun green lumpy mask on, wait 5 to 15 and exfoliate whilst rinsing off.

I wouldn't recommend for truly sensitive skin, I'd imagine the tingle might be more of a sting on delicate skin. Ask the people at your local Lush for a sample and test patch!

Popular Masks