LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

4.1

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben. *Naturally occurs in essential oils

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The mask of magnamity is the best!
i love the minty scent, makes you feel fresh.

I finished up a tub of this and here are my thoughts:
This mask is typically raved about and from someone with very sensitive acne prone skin I will say it is a great mask the smell is great and it brings any large painful pimples to a head and the exfoliants in this mask are very gentle.. so if you live near a lush I'd recommend picking it up

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to mask from lush any time I'm down or my skin needs extra love I pile this on and immediately feel like my tub is a spa :) LOVE IT! One thing to note is that I have dry skin and I find this slightly drying I always make sure to moisturize after but my face still feels like it got a nice treat :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this product so much! I use the self preserving version and from the get go this product has helped my face so much. I have used it for 6 months now and my face is always so soft and clean after using it. I would typically use this product every second day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

wanted to love this after reading all positive reviews. i used it right after i received it in the mail. it broke me out, horribly. but i did love the scent of it. too bad it didnt work for me. i dont remember having a sensitive skin though.

I love, love, LOVE this mask (I do not use the self preserving kind). I have normal skin, that is prone to whiteheads and the odd cystic pimple. This mask makes my skin look and feel absolutely fantastic. I noticed after literally 1 use that the whiteheads had drastically improved and are slowly going away entirely. My skin is SO soft and is absolutely glowing. I also recommend using this twice a week for best results. I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

Pros:
+ Deep clean
+ Reduces flaky skin
+ Give me soft & brightened skin
+ Drys out blemishes without drying skin
+ Easy to rinse off with water

Cons:
+ Expensive

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I'm talking about the self-preserving version of this mask.

I've been trying to look for more clay-based masks to fall in love with in case the one I use now gets discontinued so I'll have a back up. I bought the self-preserving version because it was winter, my skin was dryer and the higher honey content could help with that.

Honestly? This mask was meh at best for me. At first it was helping purge out some of the sebaceous filaments on my forehead, nose and cheeks, but that effect only lasted about 3 uses. It didn't fully help with spots, didn't do an amazing job at moisturising or nourishing. It didn't do a bad job either, though. It was just average. The only thing I did enjoy about using this mask was the cool, minty feel you get on your face upon usage, especially after a long, tiring day. After a little while, I found the mask harder and harder to spread and use on my face because I think it was beginning to dry out (but not nearly as difficult as Oatifix, so that's fine!). My skin didn't look or become any different after months of usage. It didn't look brighter, it didn't make it less spotty, it didn't make it more hydrated or moisturised. It just felt nice on the skin upon application and rinsing off because of the gentle aduki beans.

This is a solid mask for those simply wanting something to help them unwind after a long day because it does feel nice on your face. But I don't like paying for things that don't produce any sort of noticeable results, so I will not be repurchasing. Maybe the non self-preserving version is better, but I don't really care enough to try it at the moment.

I do love this mask. It leaves my skin clear, fresh and clean, though the grains are a bit too big and sharp for my sensitive skin.

I use this mask 1-2 times a week, spread a thin layer on my face, leave it on for around 30 mins and wash it off by gently massaging it off with warm water.

I only use Mask of Magnaminty in the summer since it's refreshing, cooling and removes excess oil in the face. In the winter I get dry skin and need something more moisturizing than MMM.

The reson for only giving 4 lippies is the a bit too big grains of the Adzuki beans, and also that it doesn't do as much for big pores as I wish.

Overall a great summer mask (or all year-mask for those with more oily winter skin than me).

I have already used two jars and will most likely buy again next summer!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MASK!!!! Anytime I have a special occassion i do this mask before beginning to prep my skin for makeup! Leaves me glowing!!!!! I leave this on for 15-20 minutes and wait for it to dry, them I scrub it off with warm water in slow, circular motions until my face is no longer green. Afterwards, my skin feels fresh and I am completely calm. I just love the results too. Will repurchase!!!

Popular Masks