April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Happy Hippy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Love this stuff! Smells so citrusy and fresh and it perks me right up in the morning. Lathers and cleans well, and I didn't find it drying at all! The only thing that sucks is that body washes from Lush are SO expensive! Once I can cough up the cash, I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Emmmmma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very wishy washy about this product. I love the smell of fresh grapefruit and citrus whilst using it in the shower, and feel clean after using it, but I don't like the consistency. This is the first shower gel I've ever purchased from Lush, so I'm not sure if I just got a bad batch, but I find this shower gel very runny and hard to keep on the body before it sliding right off. Although I'm not sure how much I like this product, I will buy another bottle just because of the smell and the cleanse. If the next bottle is as watery and runny as the one I am currently using I will rethink purchasing another.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of LUSH sells very expensive products, but I find that their stuff can be a hit or miss. It's pretty pricey here in Canada - about $9.99 for the smallest 100ml bottle.
The happy hippy gel works well enough. Lathers and rinses well. It dries out you skin just a little, but that ok. I'm not really a big fan of the scent... It kinda reminds me of a fruit salad/ fruit scented cleaning product. I prefer the scent of the flying fox shower gel over this. I wouldn't repurchase... I'm giving my happy hippy bottle away.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lulu6789

I love the clean citrus scent, it smells like fresh grapefruit and really wakes me up in the morning. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I love the smell of this product so much that I am currently on my second bottle.

First Impression: Citrusy grapefruit smell - great for waking up in the morning, calming for a day of exhaustion at work.

Application: A little goes on long way.

I don't have the habit of slapping body lotion on my body, so thankfully this product did not dry my skin out.

Except for being too pricey, I think this shower gel is quite awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is my favorite shower gel of all time. It has a pure and fresh grapefruit scent with just the right amount of sweetness to make it yummy but still brisk. It has a thick gel-like texture that lathers up great, so I think a bottle will last a pretty good while. This is a really simple and great product - if you like grapefruit, you can't really go wrong with this one. However, if you have very dry skin, I'd suggest you try the honey-based shower gels instead, since citruses can obviously be a bit drying in daily use. For me, this has not been too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

so refreshing i love this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells like a citrus fruit salad. Great for a morning wake up and lathers very well. Externally drying so a lotion is a must after using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my staple body wash for a few years now. PROS: gentle on my sensitive skin, fresh scent that doesn't stick to my skin, good lather, free of all the "junk" that goes into a lot of body wash products. CONS: is great consistency (not too thick or thin) when the bottle is full, but about half way down it gets very thick (always a great lather tho), bottles aren't made to be reused as the plastic breaks down (I have little bottles in my shower and keep a large bottle of this for refills), somewhat expensive (but the quality is good), scent doesn't stick to my skin after a shower (this can be a pro or con depending on your personal preference). If you like a clean fresh scent that helps wake you up in the morning but is not overpowering, definitely give this a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Smells very citrusy and grapefruity.

It's a nice scent, but not my favorite.

Will not repurchase again because the smell does not linger whatsoever.