October 22, 2014 | 1030 users online

Cleansers - Shu Uemura - High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the best cleansing oil I have used. I bought the first bottle early this year during the winter when my skin suddenly became dry and sensitive. Of all the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, the Fresh (pink) version is the only one that doesn't have mineral oil listed among its ingredients, so it was a no-brainer.

This oil is very light, but still quite effective. It doesn't completely remove makeup, but it will remove most of it. I still always use a cleanser with my Clarisonic after (only in the evenings).

I loved using this in the winter as it didn't dry my skin out. I'm now on my second bottle, it's hot and humid, but the oil still doesn't break me out - it's that light. I'll definitely repurchase until I get bored.

One side note - The large bottle (60 for 450ml) seems ridiculously expensive. But when you look at other brands and what they charge for their 150ml Cleansing oils (some up to 30!), the Shu Uemura oils are actually good value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Let me preface this review by saying I did not pay for this. I happened to win a full size bottle from a freebie website so I was really excited to try it. Unfortunately, I am deeply disappointed.

PROS:
Removes very light makeup
Smells lovely
Feels nice

CONS:
Doesn't remove mascara or liner
Needs to be followed with cleanser
Good chance of causing breakouts (I did)
EXPENSIVE

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have developed cystic acne over the past year. and for the past few months, i have been using this cleansing oil with sakura extract. In summary, i prefer the green or the brown version to the pink one.

The pink one has given me really epicly dry skin. it has become so dry to the point of redness. Now, I only use that to remove makeup and not for a daily use. For daily use, i've been using the green bottle. It is much more moisturising and the liquid is slightly heavier. In my opinion, Green removes the makeup much faster than Pink. The only reason im still using the pink is that i bought the 450ml bottle for pink, and i can't bear to dump it all away after 1 pump.

My acne has not seen any improvements, which is upsetting, cause i was really hoping that the "oh-this-is-the-acne-warrior" reviews were true. Maybe it's just me, cause retinol, stieva A and all those pills did not work on me :(

THIS STUFF IS NOT GOOD FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. My acne is at its worse as i realised it does leave a bit of residue after washing thoroughly. I always use this right before gymming, and while exercising, my perspiration is not clear but white and cloudy. I have officially dumped all cleansing oils for a cream based and gel based. For all acne victims, try out Uriage (French skincare) It has done a lot to me to tone down both inflammation and scarring in only 3 days, go check it out!!

Sidenote: I am taking Zinc and Primrose Oil for supplements. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works in cleaning all the makeup and sunscreen, and it leaves the skin feeling soft and clean. My skin is oily and sensitive, so the idea of rubbing oil on it always seemed counter-intuitive, but it worked. It doesn't even feel like rubbing oil on it, actually, the texture of this product is light.

I'm so happy to finally understand all the hype about oil cleansing! I tried to do this oil cleansing before with olive and jojoba oils (after reading about it here in MUA), with disastrous results = cystic acne. This thing is completely different, I'd advise even those who were traumatized by previous oil-experiences to give it a try.

(but yeah, the price is a bit ridiculous)

Edit: I have to say I'm deeply in love with this, it really cleanses my skin and leaves it super soft like no other product does!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by tiffprayogo

I really love this cleansing oil. Removing makeup become easier! just with one wipe your makeup be gone! Before i used common make up remover, i feel it's really hard to remove my eye make up and i feel it hurted my eyes. Then finally i found this product.

First, i tried the 150 ml of the fresh pore clarifying gentle cleansing oil because i have a clogged pore prone skin. After finished it, i buy the big one and i still like it. It doesn't clogged my pore or made me breakout as well. After cleansing, it leaves my skin hydrated and fresh. I usually cleanse it again with my normal face cleanser. I also tried another cleansing oil (Bobbi brown cleansing oil) but i love shu uemura more! Bobbi brown cleansing have thicker consistency so it made me hard to glide on my face.

Yeahh i recommend this cleansing oil. Eventhough it's kinda pricey, it's worthed for money. I can use the 450 ml bottle for about 9 months. You can give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by superxuexi

This product changed my life.

Since I was about 13-14 years old I have struggling with acne. I've been lucky that my acne has never been wide-spread, but I would get huge cyst-like formations around my mouth, on my cheekbones, around my hairline - basically anywhere that my face produced oil. They would come one after the other, and I would always have at least one or two of them present on my face.

During my Sophomore year of college, my aunts got into the cleansing oil craze in China and all stocked up on Shu Uemura. Naturally, my mother soon followed. I was very hesitant to start using the product - rubbing oil on my oily parts? No I will not. Eventually, I gave in because nothing I was doing was working. I saw immediate improvements in my skin. I started using the green cleansing oil in April (back when they still sold the smaller bottles at Sephora) and switched to the pink in July. By September, when I started school again, my face was completely clear. Sure, I would get a pimple every now and then, but it was never consistent. And after years of relying on concealers and heavy foundations, I threw them all away.

It was one of the most liberating feelings I've ever had in my life.

I still use this one. I've also tried the purple bottle, which I like but never stuck to. The green and yellow bottles are too heavy for me. In my early days, I was using the cleansing oil as a makeup remover and cleanser. After moving to Arizona (the desert is the worst thing to happen to anyone's complexion), I added the Sonicare brush into my routine and it's worked out nicely.

I love this product. I swear by this product. And I highly recommend it to anyone with a combination or oily complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by maris65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin, but I never thought I had sensitive skin. Until now. I have tried all sorts of products and treatments on my skin (stopped using benzoyl peroxide and adapalene a few months ago). I started breaking out again (cystic acne and whiteheads, especially on my jawline) so I decided to try the cleansing oil method, thinking it would be less agressive on my skin. After all the raves, I decided to buy Shu, but it is not for me.

As I massaged the oil on my face, I felt a burning sensation. I thought it was maybe the massage or my skin getting used to the product. I continued following the instructions, I emulsified and rinsed off. It still left a burning sensation and my face was red for a few minutes. To remove completely the oil, I followed up with my usual foaming cleanser.

I tried it again the next day (I really wanted the product to work!), using less product, but the burning sensation continued. Redness was gone, but my skin remained very sensitive for a week. I haven't given up on the CO method, but I'm looking for a milder one. Will update when I find one!

UPDATE: 09/14 - I decided to look for a product with no mineral oil and bought Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm. It is fantastic! I've been using it for 10 days and my skin has never been so soft. I have a very oily T-zone and used to think that cleansers needed to leave a squeaky clean sensation, but what this actually does is strip the natural oils of your skin and make you produce even more oil. EH balm is very gentle, removes all my makeup (including eye makeup), does not irritate my skin or break me out. It is from the UK so I bought from feelunique.com. It arrived in 10 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I just finished my 2nd bottles 450ml/15 oz. it removes all my makeup even my stubborn mascara! It cleans so well, I think it works better than Purity philosophy cleanser. Shu Uemura always use natural ingredients so it's not harsh on the skin and just benefit it even more! Love it!
I have used the blue brightening cleansing oil but I didn't like that one.. I ended up buy the pink one instead. The bottle is over price but it last me for a whole year! It's so worth it. I just
Love how Shu Uemura always give me free samples when I purchase on the website and I always pick the cleansing oil samples that lasted me for few weeks! Amazing! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- removes all makeup, including waterproof liner and macara
- did not irritate skin
- nice packaging with pump
- non drying on skin & even moisturizing
- no oily residue

Cons:
- EXPENSIVE
- slight fragrance that I'm indifferent to

This has to be used on dry skin and one & half pump will often be good for my entire face even if I am wearing a full face of makeup. I love all easy it is because it does a great job of removing everything with no tugging on the skin or eye to remove the day's impurities away. I would not repurchase because it is hella expensive and I personally think any type of cleansing oil will be good at removing makeup. Cleansing oil in my opinion is the best thing for your skin because it doesn't dry out you skin while removing all the impurities and makeup. Once you get over the feeling of rubbing oil on your face it is an awesome product and water will cause it to emulsify and it rinses away easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by melimited

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is very drying on the face! used it once and my face felt like all the oil on my face has been stripped off, even after using my toner (which usually rehydrate my face after regular cleansing).
This product is an oil so thus it will remove oil...and i mean all the oil.
Compare to the dermalogica precleansing oil, the dermalogica is more gentle.