MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

Love this color. It's so soft and pigmented. Versatile as I can wear it in my crease or on my lid and can really build on the color to make it darker if I need to. Perfect if you love smokey looks like I do. I usually don't like frosts but this is more satin to me. I just reordered this color since this is one of the few colors that I used until it was gone!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know about this. It just doesn't blend well with anything I have except Satellite Dreams, but I hate frosty colours in my crease. (It makes the hoods of my eyes come forward in a bad way.) It's not noteworthy on my lids, which are often covered by the hoods. It's a nice color that blends well, but it's blah on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently discovered that taupe shades go really well on my eyes, so I made a quick order on mac and got this shadow along with naked lunch. To be perfectly honest, naked lunch is not worth any of the hype it gets on youtube, but satin taupe is a whole different story. The moment I swatched this I was in love. It was so smooth to touch and the pigmentation is unreal. The colour itself is the perfect taupe shade for me, a cool toned hued-brown colour with some greyish undertones. I love to wear the shadow as a crease colour but I also love wearing it on its own. I just blend it all over my lid with a fluffy brush, add some mascara, and my eye-makeup is done. It takes literally 3 minutes and its such a beautiful look. Over all, I know I will get so much use from this colour on both myself and my future clients. Will def be re-purchasing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This particular colour is very popular on the internet, has great reviews and was recommended to me by a make up artist when I went to search for a shadow that would compliment a deep blue dress I have. She told me that the colour is generally flattering, but it would flatter me especially because I have cool toned skin and this is a cool toned brown-purple with silvery shine. Moreover, it would suit the deep blue dress.

This should have happened. The colour is all that, logic says it should suit me and become my personal favourite. But it didn't. I have no idea why, but it looks on me as if my eyelids are dirty and it accentuates any dark circles I might have, even with the ample use of strong concealers.

I have tried it for smokey eyes, only on the outer corner, only on the crease, I have asked a professional to do my eye make-up with this, I have had a MAC make-up artist use it on me, in case it's something wrong I am doing. Everytime I look tired and dirty with it. It just doesn't work for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This color is great, and I think is universally flattering. The frost is nice, as I often use this as a mid-lid highlight when doing a smoky eye to give some dimension. MAC shadows are generally pretty great, and this one is no exception!

Oh my gosh...Satin taupe is amazing. I picked this up on a whim in the pan form to fill my fifteen eyeshadow pro palette. It is very hyped on You-tube so I figured it would be good. This has quickly become one of my favorite mac eye shadows. It is pigmented and soft. Perfect for anyone. I have very very very fair, cool toned skin and this does not look like a bruise on me. While it is called 'satin taupe' it is really not a taupe in my opinion, it is more of a purple/brown. My current favorite way to wear satin taupe is with brule from lash to eyebrow, omega from lash to just below the brow bone, satin taupe in the crease, naked lunch all over the lid, jest from inner corner to middle of lid, phloof! in the inner corner and gesso on the brow bone. Perfect! It brings out my blue eyes while still looking perfect for everyday wear. Would recommend satin taupe to anyone! Go pick this up at your local mac counter! While pricey, if I ever ran out I would re purchase in a heartbeat. Favorite eyeshadow of all time I think. If you wanted a smokey yet wearable look, I recommend taking brule from lash to brow, wedge from lash to just under browbone, charcoal brown or espresso in the crease, satin taupe all over the lid, phloof! or nylon in the inner, any highlight on the brow bone, add eyeliner if you like, and play it up with some false lashes for added effect. Wonderful!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

really gorgeous color

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful shade! I see why it's so popular. This can be used in many looks, and it looks great with green eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The perfect colour for me. Most people say I have brown eyes, but also heard green, even yellow. This is an undecided hue between brown, gray and purple with a slight metallic effect that's neither hot or cold. I've worn this forever (since chanel vega was cancelled) and it pops my eyes, gives some sheen, but no glitter, and is very easy to work with. I just use my fingers mostly. I'm gonna buy it again and again! It's probably the most stable item in my makeup-bag. I took away one lipstick on packaging as the transparent part of the lid can cave in under pressure sometimes.

Well, I am heart broken having to write this because I am a MAC lover (I adore their lipsticks specially). Let's be honest, this individual eyeshadows are really expensive and I find that they perform similar to some cheaper or even drugstore brands. I have Satin Taupe and Vex and I don't think I will spend about 25 USD each in my country again to buy this eyeshadows. The good thing I find about them is that the ones with satin and duochrome finishes are shiny whitout being glittery and tacky and that's a problem most drugstore brands have. In summary, they are good eyeshadows but not something out of this world.

Top Rated Eye Shadow