April 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Satin Taupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Satin Taupe has a large following for good reason. It's a gorgeous, shimmery (NOT glittery!) brownish-greyish neutral with just a dash of purple undertone. Looks magnificent in the outer V of the lid and works nicely in the crease as well when using a matte shade. I paired this with Phloof! and it was a little bit too much shimmer and frost, but pairing Satin Taupe with a matte color almost always ends with a beautifully shaded eye! Looks good with my cool/neutral pinkish skin and definitely makes my green eyes pop. An obvious winner from MAC with enough versatility to make it a neutral and enough interest to make it not boring!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wore this on my wedding day, I just adore it. It lasted all day, created amazing depth to my eyes and photographed beautifully. A beautiful soft, mushroomy purplish shade that I think would suit everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a lovely color, which obviously gets the love it deserves. Satin Taupe is a plummy taupe that I believe is a satin (I guess that makes sense, considering the name!), and just has a subtle hint of shimmer. I think this may be on of those universal eyeshadows that just looks good on everyone. It looks fantastic with my features - very striking and makes the blues in my eyes enhanced. I love the smooth and buttery pigmentation, and how true to color it is. For me, it is a little dramatic for daytime, but is perfectly sexy to come out at night!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MsDandeliondreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Satin taupe is one of my all time favorite eye shadows. It's HG for a reason! It was my first ever MAC eye shadow and I'm so glad I picked it. It's a beautiful silver/grey/brown/taupe color that works well as the darker shade through the crease/outer V with something like naked lunch across the lid, all across the lid and blended up on it's own with liner and mascara or as the medium shade color in a look with more than 1/2 eye shadow colors. It has a lovely sheen without being glittery. I have dark brown eyes and light skin, and this shade works really well with my admittedly unusual coloring.

Pigmentation is great. Lasts very well with or without primer (on me anyway) and is easy to blend. If you're interested in trying out MAC for the first time I'd highly recommend this shade. I doubt you'd be disappointed :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A perfect Taupe color. Just with the right amount shimmer. It goes with any complexion. A Must have Mac eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Brilliant - love love love this complex mauve-rich taupe. Bought it as a replacement for Bobbi Brown's Fawn which was discontinued. I layer this over Benefit's creme Birthday Suit color and use this almost every day now either for day or evening. I feel layer over Birthday Suit might be the key to bringing out the complexity of this shadow. I definitely see what the hype is all about and why this is such a cult favorite.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I can see why this is popular but the colour is not me.It's too purple on me, I prefer brown tones which is what I thought this looked like in the pan.So beware of that. However this is a lovely textured shadow, really glides on. I don't see a "frost" at all, more of a subtle sheen.Dosen't crease and lasts well. If this is your colour it's a winner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't see what the hype is about with this eyeshadow. Very grainy and have to put a lot onto my brush for the color to really stand out on my eyes. To me, it looks very muddy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this color....It changes easily from day to night. During the day, I apply lightly to crease. At night, I apply a little more in the crease with my MAC crease brush. This is an amazing color to try for people who are new to MAC products. It goes with pretty much every color, and I can play with different lid colors while accenting this in the crease!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful taupe for my blue eyes. It can be packed on for more color or just a light wash. I prefer the light wash. It's great to smudge into some liner for a smoked eye, too. I have found some cheaper dupes, but this is definitely one to pick up!