October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Satin Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by xokatana

I completely forgot about this eyeshadow until I just saw it on the featured page. this was my HG eyeshadow for years I would always repurchase until I started wearing a matte on my crease and shimmer on my lid. such a pretty shimmery purple toned ash brown love it in my crease with sin on my lid i'm NC20 for reference.

GREAT DUPE: NARS: ashes to ashes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC is no longer cruelty free

DUPES:
- Jordana "Over The Taupe"
- CoverGirl "Tapestry Taupe" - more shimmer
- L'Oreal HiP "Sassy" - warmer
- L'Oreal Infallible "Bronzed Taupe" - more shimmer
- NYX "Root Beer"
- NYX "Iced Mocha"
- ELF Custom Eyes "Moondust"
- Inglot "Pearl 402"
- Silk Naturals "Mink"
- Wet n Wild Color Icon "Nutty" - lighter, warmer

Don't fall for the hype, Satin Taupe does NOT suit everyone! It makes my blue grey eyes look dull, and the purple-grey undertone matches my undereye circles, so when I wear this I look REALLY tired and ill with dull, bruised looking eyes.

Lots of people have good memories of wearing this they were young and free but I don't think it the frosty finish flatters many people over 25. One of my friends spent a lot on MAC and thinks Satin Taupe looks hot on her but I think the frosty finish highlights her wrinkles and makes her look tired and old. I actually think soft plums and browns in satins and mattes flatter her more.

To see the proof, go to the photo #16 above, the one with the swatches on the back of someones hand. Look at how wrinkly her hand looks with the Satin Taupe swatch on it?? Then compare with how smooth and fine the Haux satin swatch looks below it! Haux looks so much more youthful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this yet! This is a wonderful color for everyone to have. I have had this for about 5 years. The same eyeshadow single. I pull it out from time to time and am wowed by how great it looks on me. I am NW45 for reference and I can wear it alone on my lid or in a smokey eye. Love this for work as it is the perfect subdued frost. Always line my eyes with a kohl when wearing this. Again, everyone should have this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm light/fair and find this to be a little dark on me unless I apply it lightly with a blending brush. It's an ok color, but not one of my favorites by MAC. It is good quality, like all MAC shadows, but it's just not a top one for me. It would look great on a darker skinned person.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by whiteparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm, I don't know what to think about this one actually. I just got it and I must say I find it a bit uinteresting so far. The color is a little boring. I'll maybe find a perfect way to apply it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Theiuare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great starter kit colour. It works with all skin colours in my opinion.
When applied you can't say exactly what colour it is that you are wearing, just a beautiful frosty (but in a good way) purpley greyish colour that looks amazing.
Just beautiful !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

One of the iconic MAC eyeshadows, Satin Taupe is a beautiful darker neutral color that really looks good with almost all eye colors. Although a frost finish it is not too shimmery and like most MAC shadows it blends well. You can use this alone or with any combination of other colors. I do wear this but must say it is not my favorite as both Club and Woodwinked do more for my brownish hazel eyes than this color does.

Great for someone starting their MAC shadow collection - this would always be among shadows to own.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by paulinerox

This color is STUNNING!! It looks purple but has grey undertones, thus why it's called satin taupe. If you're looking for a dark purpley-grey color this is it. I have brown eyes, yet it still looks beautiful. I would recommend it to blue or green eyes though, but works for all eye colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by sistercurare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everybody should own it. Even if you only have one eyeshadow in your collection, buy this one. you won't regret it! It is a universal colour. My eyes are brown but its metallic shade makes them pop. Still here? Go and buy it. Take the refill and stick it anypalette with a magnet at the bottom and save money on the package

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

How do I love thee Satin Taupe, let me count the ways that you compliment me! This along with UD Toasted are my all time Holy Grail eyeshadows. If I'm in a hurry, I can simply apply satin taupe as a wash, curl my lashes and a bit of mascara and look put together. I have hazel eyes and this complements my eye color quite nicely. It is a brownish/taupe color with purple undertones and a shimmer. Other reviewers do a better job at describing it but just look at the swatches, it is a gorgeous color! If I want a look for an evening out, it works well with other shadows for a smokey eye look with some warmth. I have this in my mac pro palette, pot form in my travel m/u bag, and a back up, can you tell I REALLY like this shadow?

At $10 (in pro pan form), it is a good price for a mid price range brand. It lasts for several hours on its own and all day with a good primer.