July 22, 2014 | 2058 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Satin Taupe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

One of the iconic MAC eyeshadows, Satin Taupe is a beautiful darker neutral color that really looks good with almost all eye colors. Although a frost finish it is not too shimmery and like most MAC shadows it blends well. You can use this alone or with any combination of other colors. I do wear this but must say it is not my favorite as both Club and Woodwinked do more for my brownish hazel eyes than this color does.

Great for someone starting their MAC shadow collection - this would always be among shadows to own.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by paulinerox

This color is STUNNING!! It looks purple but has grey undertones, thus why it's called satin taupe. If you're looking for a dark purpley-grey color this is it. I have brown eyes, yet it still looks beautiful. I would recommend it to blue or green eyes though, but works for all eye colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by sistercurare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everybody should own it. Even if you only have one eyeshadow in your collection, buy this one. you won't regret it! It is a universal colour. My eyes are brown but its metallic shade makes them pop. Still here? Go and buy it. Take the refill and stick it anypalette with a magnet at the bottom and save money on the package

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

How do I love thee Satin Taupe, let me count the ways that you compliment me! This along with UD Toasted are my all time Holy Grail eyeshadows. If I'm in a hurry, I can simply apply satin taupe as a wash, curl my lashes and a bit of mascara and look put together. I have hazel eyes and this complements my eye color quite nicely. It is a brownish/taupe color with purple undertones. It's glittery but by no means a glitterfest. Other reviewers do a better job at describing it but just look at the swatches, it is a gorgeous color! If I want a look for an evening out, it works well with other shadows for a smokey eye look with some warmth.
I have this in my mac pro palette, pot form in my travel m/u bag, and a back up, can you tell I REALLY like this shadow?

At $10 (in pro pan form), it is a good price for a mid price range brand. It lasts for several hours on its own and all day with a good primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first ever mac eyeshadow and it's one I'm always running back to. It's just such a beautiful cool taupey brown which I will forever repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Julesdancer28

I normally dislike cool toned eyeshadows, but I'm in love with this one! It's lasts the whole day, it doesn't crease, and it's very pigmented. If you don't mind spending a little bit more money on eyeshadow, this one is amazing! (This eyeshadow is also very multipurpose, you can use it all over the lid, in the crease, or as a smokey lower liner!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Satin Taupe has a large following for good reason. It's a gorgeous, shimmery (NOT glittery!) brownish-greyish neutral with just a dash of purple undertone. Looks magnificent in the outer V of the lid and works nicely in the crease as well when using a matte shade. I paired this with Phloof! and it was a little bit too much shimmer and frost, but pairing Satin Taupe with a matte color almost always ends with a beautifully shaded eye! Looks good with my cool/neutral pinkish skin and definitely makes my green eyes pop. An obvious winner from MAC with enough versatility to make it a neutral and enough interest to make it not boring!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wore this on my wedding day, I just adore it. It lasted all day, created amazing depth to my eyes and photographed beautifully. A beautiful soft, mushroomy purplish shade that I think would suit everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MsDandeliondreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Satin taupe is one of my all time favorite eye shadows. It's HG for a reason! It was my first ever MAC eye shadow and I'm so glad I picked it. It's a beautiful silver/grey/brown/taupe color that works well as the darker shade through the crease/outer V with something like naked lunch across the lid, all across the lid and blended up on it's own with liner and mascara or as the medium shade color in a look with more than 1/2 eye shadow colors. It has a lovely sheen without being glittery. I have dark brown eyes and light skin, and this shade works really well with my admittedly unusual coloring.

Pigmentation is great. Lasts very well with or without primer (on me anyway) and is easy to blend. If you're interested in trying out MAC for the first time I'd highly recommend this shade. I doubt you'd be disappointed :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A perfect Taupe color. Just with the right amount shimmer. It goes with any complexion. A Must have Mac eye shadow.