MAC Frost - Satin Taupe

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PhenoxyethanolEye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake....

on 3/22/2015 7:26:00 PM

I love this. I wear this almost every day as a liner. I wet the brush and line the top of my lashes, and use a dry brush to add a bit of smoke just under the lower lash line. This creates a really simple day time smokey look, and it's hard for other people to put their finger on what the color is. For me, this replaced shale. I thought I loved shale until I discovered this. Now Mac Shale seems a bit lacking in color, it seems dull and lifeless in comparison. This seems edgier, and more reflective.

In the pan it looks like a very dark purpley auberginey color. You can add it dry to lids and layer up or wet for intensity.

What an amazing everyday eyeshadow! Beautiful brown/taupe sheen colour that goes with everything and you only need to use this shadow alone and it will look amazing!

on 3/17/2015 9:02:00 AM

I have given this four stars because the quality of the eyeshadow is good. It blends easily and has a soft, buttery texture. But I found myself disappointed with the colour. This eyeshadow is great if you like taupes, but I don't find it beautiful or partially special. For reference, my eyes are green. Sometimes they are a little grey too. My skin is roughly NW 15 (10 ivory in Diorskin nude), on me there are no hints of purple in this. I own the naked 1 and naked 3, so perhaps that is why I was not blown away by this shadow. I find it to be too easily dupable, especially by a number of shades in the urban decay palettes.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This shadow has great blendability, and can be worn as a day shadow or evening shadow. It is a soft heather brown against my grey eyes. Not as flattering as purples are, but definitely a good brown.

on 2/18/2015 8:07:00 PM

I'll happily add my praise for this shadow! I have green eyes and very cool complection NW20 and this is such a great crease colour for my skintone. So beautiful with its grey, plummy, taupe that I can wear goodness. I was noticing some taupes looking kinda off on my skin. Not Satin Taupe and it is so easy to blend in my crease and I barely have to touch the pan to get plenty of product. I like Vex or Shroom on my lid and I have a nice day look. Neutral shadows have been my thing lately but whenever I want to bring out my eye colour or just want a clean smokey eye I use this. It's a much loved shade and I think it's because it's so forgiving no matter how you wear it. I'm happy it's a taupe that doesn't look strange because I've ran into a few that I just can't wear. This I get compliments on and I get asked what colour it is because it's really pretty! Also goes amazing with UD's Bordello in the crease as well.

on 2/18/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my very favorite Mac eyeshadows. Not too frosty or shimmery. Just enough of a sheen to give it beautiful dimension. Unique blend of plum/grey/taupe. Plays nicely with so many other colors. Love it as a wash, a buildable crease color, or a lid color when doing a smokier eye. Great pigmentation. Smooth and blendable.

on 2/15/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous complex color, and the pigment and texture are great too which is why I rated it a 4. It didn't work well with my skin tone, unfortunately. It has very subtle pink/red tones in it. If your eyes look terrible with any pink undertones, then this might not work for you either. If an eyeshadow has even the slightest hint of pink/red, then my lids will show it. I am bummed because it's such a pretty color.

on 1/31/2015 4:11:00 PM

love love love this eye shadow

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I really love this colour, it suits me so well!

on 1/12/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Really, really, really love this product. It truly is a beautiful color that completes my medium olive-toned skin. Can be wore with a dramatic eye as well as a go to day look.

I recently started using this for my everyday look. I use Paint Pot in Painterly as a base and blend this through my crease and a bit above. Finish it off with a little MAC Soft and Gentle on my lids and the inner corner of my eye and voila, my eye shadow look is done for the day.
I do a not too dramatic cat eye with my mascara, and people wonder how long it took me to do my eye makeup. I think the key is, it's beautiful pigment as well as how easy it is to blend. Will repurchase time and time again.