March 2, 2015 | 1197 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Satin Taupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2015 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll happily add my praise for this shadow! I have green eyes and very cool complection NW20 and this is such a great crease colour for my skintone. So beautiful with its grey, plummy, taupe that I can wear goodness. I was noticing some taupes looking kinda off on my skin. Not Satin Taupe and it is so easy to blend in my crease and I barely have to touch the pan to get plenty of product. I like Vex or Shroom on my lid and I have a nice day look. Neutral shadows have been my thing lately but whenever I want to bring out my eye colour or just want a clean smokey eye I use this. It's a much loved shade and I think it's because it's so forgiving no matter how you wear it. I'm happy it's a taupe that doesn't look strange because I've ran into a few that I just can't wear. This I get compliments on and I get asked what colour it is because it's really pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cllien

One of my very favorite Mac eyeshadows. Not too frosty or shimmery. Just enough of a sheen to give it beautiful dimension. Unique blend of plum/grey/taupe. Plays nicely with so many other colors. Love it as a wash, a buildable crease color, or a lid color when doing a smokier eye. Great pigmentation. Smooth and blendable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2015 8:19:00 AM More reviews by barkley38

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous complex color, and the pigment and texture are great too which is why I rated it a 4. It didn't work well with my skin tone, unfortunately. It has very subtle pink/red tones in it. If your eyes look terrible with any pink undertones, then this might not work for you either. If an eyeshadow has even the slightest hint of pink/red, then my lids will show it. I am bummed because it's such a pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 4:11:00 PM More reviews by pellchie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love love love this eye shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 2:27:00 PM More reviews by SweetCherry12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I really love this colour, it suits me so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 9:26:00 AM More reviews by queenM100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried Satin Taupe for the first time today after having it for two weeks. It looks really plain in the pan but on the lids its an amazing multi-tasker! Mac Shale is a soft mauve and Satin Taupe is similar but more vibrant....a nice smokey purple color with more shimmer than Shale but not too much.

Combos:
-Satin Taupe (lids), Wedge (crease) + Sketch (outer V) for a smokey eye finish.
-Satin taupe (outer V), Swish (inner lid) + Wedge (crease) for a daytime look.

Every time I wear it I wanna post how much I love this shadow because it is such a gorgeous color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really, really, really love this product. It truly is a beautiful color that completes my medium olive-toned skin. Can be wore with a dramatic eye as well as a go to day look.

I recently started using this for my everyday look. I use Paint Pot in Painterly as a base and blend this through my crease and a bit above. Finish it off with a little MAC Soft and Gentle on my lids and the inner corner of my eye and voila, my eye shadow look is done for the day.
I do a not too dramatic cat eye with my mascara, and people wonder how long it took me to do my eye makeup. I think the key is, it's beautiful pigment as well as how easy it is to blend. Will repurchase time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to make the decision to purchase this eyeshadow. I was apprehensive about purschasing this because the color looked grey, and I don't really care for grey shadows. I read the reviews and most were favorable. Satin Taupe was also included on the list of the best MAC shadows for dark skin women (i.e African American women). after struggling with the idea for months i bought it and I love it. It has a frost finish, goes on smoothly, and looks fabulous. It has a brownish plummy gray tone to it. For reference, I am an N9, and I mix it with NC50. In Matchmaster I am a 7.5. if that helps as far as determining my skintone. I paired it with MAC Saddle as my transition color, MAC Antiqued in my crease and Anastasia Beverly Hills Black Diamond (Lavish Palette) in my outer v. This eyeshadow will get much use from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this eyeshadow. Great texture and perfect pigmentation. Use naked lunch all over lid, nylon on brow bone and satin taupe in the crease for an easy look. My only complaint is sometimes the plastic part of the packaging comes loose in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, it pulls more grey, but it's so soft and silky and it blends out so well. It's perfect on the lid blended or in the crease, It lasts all day on me with minor fading on the edges. It's a great shade to have in your stash if you like neutral colours.