December 19, 2014 | 1153 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Satin Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to make the decision to purchase this eyeshadow. I was apprehensive about purschasing this because the color looked grey, and I don't really care for grey shadows. I read the reviews and most were favorable. Satin Taupe was also included on the list of the best MAC shadows for dark skin women (i.e African American women). after struggling with the idea for months i bought it and I love it. It has a frost finish, goes on smoothly, and looks fabulous. It has a brownish plummy gray tone to it. For reference, I am an N9, and I mix it with NC50. In Matchmaster I am a 7.5. if that helps as far as determining my skintone. I paired it with MAC Saddle as my transition color, MAC Antiqued in my crease and Anastasia Beverly Hills Black Diamond (Lavish Palette) in my outer v. This eyeshadow will get much use from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this eyeshadow. Great texture and perfect pigmentation. Use naked lunch all over lid, nylon on brow bone and satin taupe in the crease for an easy look. My only complaint is sometimes the plastic part of the packaging comes loose in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, it pulls more grey, but it's so soft and silky and it blends out so well. It's perfect on the lid blended or in the crease, It lasts all day on me with minor fading on the edges. It's a great shade to have in your stash if you like neutral colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have this & MAC Woodwinked on heavy rotation! ST was 1 of my very 1st MAC purchases from the MAC Pro Store in downtown KC, MO when I was at a horse show coz my mom (& dad) had explored downtown coz of our hotel & my mom came back all excited to tell me about this gr8 makeup store! I had the MUAs there completely make me over & ST was 1 of my purchases. That was so long ago! I recently repurchased this from "my" city's MAC counter & was bombarded by old memories (good & bad), well long story short it's still a gr8 color! Looks gr8 w any outfits or lip colors or occasions. The color is a lovely brown-beige-hint of purple & many times I will only wear 1 e/s color at a time & ST is wonderful to wear solo w some black eyeliner & lipstick. Highly rec'd, I can also see why this would be such a cult favorite & have such a popularity coz I could see it being very flattering to many eye colors & complexions. It's a decent sized pan for its price but it is expensive; but it's such a complex color (typical of MAC! They are the epitome of complex colors of eyes or lips!), I would def repurchase this & rec it to anybody who likes colors that may not be exactly ordinary on 1st glance. I like to think of it as an investment, in that u could buy 3 or 4 DS e/s or a couple quads or one MAC e/s & I would rather have the MAC one good 1 than 8 mediocre ones n then end up buying the MAC anyways later. I wish I had more MAC makeup, but I dearly cherish my small few prized precious collection & I have fun adding to it when i can indulge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by xokatana

I completely forgot about this eyeshadow until I just saw it on the featured page. this was my HG eyeshadow for years I would always repurchase until I started wearing a matte on my crease and shimmer on my lid. such a pretty shimmery purple toned ash brown love it in my crease with sin on my lid i'm NC20 for reference.

GREAT DUPE: NARS: ashes to ashes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC is no longer cruelty free

DUPES:
- Jordana "Over The Taupe"
- CoverGirl "Tapestry Taupe" - more shimmer
- L'Oreal HiP "Sassy" - warmer
- L'Oreal Infallible "Bronzed Taupe" - more shimmer
- NYX "Root Beer"
- NYX "Iced Mocha"
- ELF Custom Eyes "Moondust"
- Inglot "Pearl 402"
- Silk Naturals "Mink"
- Wet n Wild Color Icon "Nutty" - lighter, warmer

Don't fall for the hype, Satin Taupe does NOT suit everyone! It makes my blue grey eyes look dull, and the purple-grey undertone matches my undereye circles, so when I wear this I look REALLY tired and ill with dull, bruised looking eyes.

Lots of people have good memories of wearing this they were young and free but I don't think it the frosty finish flatters many people over 25. One of my friends spent a lot on MAC and thinks Satin Taupe looks hot on her but I think the frosty finish highlights her wrinkles and makes her look tired and old. I actually think soft plums and browns in satins and mattes flatter her more.

To see the proof, go to the photo #16 above, the one with the swatches on the back of someones hand. Look at how wrinkly her hand looks with the Satin Taupe swatch on it?? Then compare with how smooth and fine the Haux satin swatch looks below it! Haux looks so much more youthful!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this yet! This is a wonderful color for everyone to have. I have had this for about 5 years. The same eyeshadow single. I pull it out from time to time and am wowed by how great it looks on me. I am NW45 for reference and I can wear it alone on my lid or in a smokey eye. Love this for work as it is the perfect subdued frost. Always line my eyes with a kohl when wearing this. Again, everyone should have this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm light/fair and find this to be a little dark on me unless I apply it lightly with a blending brush. It's an ok color, but not one of my favorites by MAC. It is good quality, like all MAC shadows, but it's just not a top one for me. It would look great on a darker skinned person.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by whiteparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm, I don't know what to think about this one actually. I just got it and I must say I find it a bit uinteresting so far. The color is a little boring. I'll maybe find a perfect way to apply it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Theiuare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great starter kit colour. It works with all skin colours in my opinion.
When applied you can't say exactly what colour it is that you are wearing, just a beautiful frosty (but in a good way) purpley greyish colour that looks amazing.
Just beautiful !