April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Crystal Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by paulamarie

This is a beautiful shade, and for me disappears fast as it's of the eyeshadow shades I use most often. I had recently seen a screening of "Rear Window" with Grace Kelly, and in the beginning there's the iconic shot where she's seen for the first time in close-up, sporting red lips and a pale lavender hue on her eyelids. So of course I wanted to be like Grace! This one is of course not matte like what they used so often in those days, but has a nice subtle shimmer, which I prefer anyway. It's great for when you want a light, ethereal look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my most used es - on me this shows up as an greyed lavendar with just a hint of silver and blue undertones. I always use UDPP with it, and it lasts really well without creasing or slipping around. I'm always surprised that this is a frost, to me this is more like a satin with a bit of extra shimmer.
Love this with Purple Haze to add a little depth and then Contrast or Cloudburst in the crease and outer v for a purple smokey eye. I also often use this over a grey or silver like Electra to add some interest. I like pairing Crystal with a navy eyeliner to darken my brown eyes. I can't imagine not having Crystal in the stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Shimmershocked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Crystal looks like a beautiful pale purple color in the pan. But when I try to use it, I can't seem to get any color payoff. If I really build it up, I'll get a faint lilac color, which is pretty. But I don't think this is worth the money, because the quality isn't even there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow as I was looking for a nice shimmery liliac/lavender shade to wear as a wash over the lid. I was really disappointed in this shadow though. It is not pigmented at all and it doesn't even show up on my eyelids, even with Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath or a Paint Pot. It just gives this strange tiny hint of purply colour but it looks horrible on me. Im very pale (NC15/Buff in Revlon Colourstay) so you would think that it would show up but no.

I wouldn't recommend this at all, horrible quality and texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Crystal is an iridescent, sheer periwinkle shade on my skin. It's very pretty as a wash, and it's good for adding interesting color to the lid without it being heavy-looking. The only problem is that it takes several applications for the color to show up well on me, so much so that my lids get a little irritated from having to brush them repeatedly to get good coverage. I'll probably have to use a sponge applicator to avoid this, but the shade does look great on its own, or with other colors in the crease or lashline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a very light shimmery pastel purple. It's almost silvery. It is not very pigmented in my opinion and so takes heavy application to show up on my skin. I also don't like the way the color looks on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as an all around eyecolour with a darker purple in the crease and black on the waterline. It looks just like a soft purple then. Combined with knight devine it looks like a lovely more silver colour with a tad of purple. Really pretty for a smokey eye with my green eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this shade is a good highlighter especially when you wear purple, gray, or silver eye shadows. I'm not too sure about it otherwise. Sometimes I don't think the pigmentation is strong enough or sometimes I think it's too dark. I could live with this shadow or without it so I probably wouldn't repurchase it. If you're looking for a highlighter for gray or purple smoky eyes then this eye shadow may work for you. Otherwise I don't really wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by figgityfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love wearing this color over MAC's eyeshadow Contrast! It makes a beautiful color. In fact, I really don't wear Contrast unless it is paired with Crystal.
These three eyeshadow colors work very well together: Vellum (MAC large sized shadow-I'm not sure if they still sell this color), Crystal, and Contrast. Try these colors together if you like a dramatic smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crystal is a gorgeous shadow!
It's perfect for the inner corner or a crease color. I paired it with Beautiful Iris on the lid, and Top Hat in the outer v. Beautiful!
I definitely find that this is more of a light purple on me, than silvery. The finish is nice, and it blends well. The color payoff is really good too!

I would definitely re-purchase.