August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Crystal Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NC15 with light brown eyes. I wear Crystal quite often as a main lid color. It is a light lavender/silver shade. It is not very pigmented so what I like to do is put down a thin layer of NYX Purple Velvet jumbo eyeshadow pencil on the lid, and put Crystal on top of that. It seems to make it more vibrant. Its really pretty paired with MAC Parfait Amour on the outer V. I would buy Crystal again, but I just checked the MAC website, and don't see it listed anymore so they must have quit making it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by paulamarie

This is a beautiful shade, and for me disappears fast as it's of the eyeshadow shades I use most often. I had recently seen a screening of "Rear Window" with Grace Kelly, and in the beginning there's the iconic shot where she's seen for the first time in close-up, sporting red lips and a pale lavender hue on her eyelids. So of course I wanted to be like Grace! This one is of course not matte like what they used so often in those days, but has a nice subtle shimmer, which I prefer anyway. It's great for when you want a light, ethereal look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my most used es - on me this shows up as an greyed lavendar with just a hint of silver and blue undertones. I always use UDPP with it, and it lasts really well without creasing or slipping around. I'm always surprised that this is a frost, to me this is more like a satin with a bit of extra shimmer.
Love this with Purple Haze to add a little depth and then Contrast or Cloudburst in the crease and outer v for a purple smokey eye. I also often use this over a grey or silver like Electra to add some interest. I like pairing Crystal with a navy eyeliner to darken my brown eyes. I can't imagine not having Crystal in the stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Shimmershocked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Crystal looks like a beautiful pale purple color in the pan. But when I try to use it, I can't seem to get any color payoff. If I really build it up, I'll get a faint lilac color, which is pretty. But I don't think this is worth the money, because the quality isn't even there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow as I was looking for a nice shimmery liliac/lavender shade to wear as a wash over the lid. I was really disappointed in this shadow though. It is not pigmented at all and it doesn't even show up on my eyelids, even with Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath or a Paint Pot. It just gives this strange tiny hint of purply colour but it looks horrible on me. Im very pale (NC15/Buff in Revlon Colourstay) so you would think that it would show up but no.

I wouldn't recommend this at all, horrible quality and texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Crystal is an iridescent, sheer periwinkle shade on my skin. It's very pretty as a wash, and it's good for adding interesting color to the lid without it being heavy-looking. The only problem is that it takes several applications for the color to show up well on me, so much so that my lids get a little irritated from having to brush them repeatedly to get good coverage. I'll probably have to use a sponge applicator to avoid this, but the shade does look great on its own, or with other colors in the crease or lashline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a very light shimmery pastel purple. It's almost silvery. It is not very pigmented in my opinion and so takes heavy application to show up on my skin. I also don't like the way the color looks on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as an all around eyecolour with a darker purple in the crease and black on the waterline. It looks just like a soft purple then. Combined with knight devine it looks like a lovely more silver colour with a tad of purple. Really pretty for a smokey eye with my green eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this shade is a good highlighter especially when you wear purple, gray, or silver eye shadows. I'm not too sure about it otherwise. Sometimes I don't think the pigmentation is strong enough or sometimes I think it's too dark. I could live with this shadow or without it so I probably wouldn't repurchase it. If you're looking for a highlighter for gray or purple smoky eyes then this eye shadow may work for you. Otherwise I don't really wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by figgityfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love wearing this color over MAC's eyeshadow Contrast! It makes a beautiful color. In fact, I really don't wear Contrast unless it is paired with Crystal.
These three eyeshadow colors work very well together: Vellum (MAC large sized shadow-I'm not sure if they still sell this color), Crystal, and Contrast. Try these colors together if you like a dramatic smokey eye!