November 27, 2014 | 1553 users online

Cleansers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Tea Tree Soap for Hands and Face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and I use it with my Clarisonic, works great! It doesn't fall into my eyes, it doesn't sting my eyes because I don't believe your supposed to put soap around your eyes, just eye makeup remover and/or jojoba oil and wipe it off with your microfiber washcloth. Also it does NOT contain triclosan, maybe it did once but not anymore. I can't wait to see how it works on my acne!
UPDATE
Ive used it three times so far and its starting to dry out my skin. I do have normal to dry skin so I will switch to using it only at night. It DOES say on the package its meant for oily skin so I wont take off a lippie. My skin also seems to be clearer and less red.
UDATE
Despite switching to only using this at night time my face is still super dry despite using 3 different moisturizers including pure jojoba oil. I tried this to wash my hands once and my hands immediately felt dry and kinda hurt! Im also starting to get more acne despite having a clear face for awhile. Probably because my skin is so dry. Im too afraid to use this anymore! Usually my face is pretty normal but sliiightly leans toward dry. So anyone without oily skin beware!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days and I'm already in love!

My face tends to be combination in the winter and just plain old oily in the summer. I also have light to moderate acne and sensitive skin. I had been using Purity from Philosophy and that made a big difference for me, but this Jason Tea Tree Soap has taken it to the next level. I've had no new acne since I started using it and it's calmed my skin down a lot. It's less bumpy and the redness in my cheeks is virtually gone.

The consistency is a little odd at first... kind of stringy or "slimy." I hadn't tried a product like that before so I was a little worried, but it feels nice on my face and works GREAT with my Clarisonic. I had problems with other products wanting to slide off my face or run in my eyes while using it, but the Tea Tree Soap stays put. It doesn't foam or lather like a traditional soap, but it gets kind of thick as you work with it. I find it rinses pretty easily too.

The price is good, certainly cheaper than any of the high end products I've tried and even some drugstore brands. I paid $10 for a 16 oz bottle and have seen it cheaper online.

The pump bottle is nice and one pump dispenses a good amount for your face. When I'm using my Clarisonic I use one pump on my face and one pump on the brush for extra slip. I do wish it had a clear strip on the side so you could see how much you have left like some products do though.

I wanted to try the Tea Tree Gel from Jason as well, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere local. I went to another health food store yesterday looking for it and when they didn't have it I bought the Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion from Desert Essence. The two are working together nicely.

UPDATE: After a few weeks of use I'm trying something different. This did work great (I only got a couple whiteheads the entire time I used it), but I was tired of it burning my eyes. If I can't find something else as effective I'm not totally opposed going back to it, but it is really uncomfortable. I took a lippie off for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by twirlygurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I've been using this for years and it is perfect. It smells fresh and clean, isn't too harsh, and prevents/manages/controls break-outs. Plus it's a great deal for how much you get. I haven't found another cleanser that works nearly as well, let alone one at such a great price point. The packaging is also super sturdy and functional, to the point that I feel bad recycling the bottles. I wish Jason would sell refills of their soaps so that I could keep reusing one bottle instead of recycling so many of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great for toning down oily skin and breakouts. However, I wished I was told sooner not to use this every day. Also, it can be harsh and particularly so on lips and eyes so avoid these areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by cived

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this product, and how it cleans and decongests my oily skin without overdrying. I also love the awesome pump dispenser, and how much you get for the money. It does sting the eyes, which is why I took away a lippie, but otherwise it's perfect for oily skin. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by manicprincess

I have oily/combo skin so I was looking forward to using this product after reading rave reviews on mua. Unfotunately, this soap actually hurts my face. It is so harsh.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

This product effectively cleans my combo oily face and is great at removing my makeup. I love the refreshing green tea scent and the fact that a small amount is all that is needed. It does dry my face a bit more than I like but after moisturizing it is all good.

Be careful not to get any into your eyes because it will HURT!! Other than that it's a great product and I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by danastar

After reading all the good reviews I figured, what the heck. Huge bottle, good price. Does the job, takes off my makeup and not too drying. But beware - burns my eyes like no other! In the shower, I have to let the water run over my face, with my eyes barely shut, to ensure it is completely rinsed away. If I clench my eyes closed (which I do to protect them from this stuff), then a tiny amount of soap doesn't rinse away, and then it burns like the dickens! I quickly grab (with my eyes shut) for the wash cloth to try and get it off... what a pain! It's such a large bottle that I want to use it as hand soap instead, but not the yummiest scent, and it's too buly/ugly for the powder room... so I cringe on a daily basis in the shower. Ugh. But it does work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cleans well but unfortunately it dries out my skin a bit. This is quite concentrated and will last a long time. I really only need half a pump which is more than enough for my hands and face. Love the smell, though!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by creativethinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap too but I had to toss it after reading that Lavender Oil and Tea Tree Oil can alter hormones in boys was too scary for me to have it around the house with my son.

I bought it in the first place because I love the smell of it.