April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Red Elements Lifting Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lisa0313

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been happily using another eye cream for more than a year when suddenly, it began making my skin burn and swell. I switched to another and had a similar reaction. (I suspect that hormonal changes are behind this new sensitivity.) I decided to try something a bit more "natural" and ordered the Jason Red Elements creme through Amazon.

So far, I really like it. No irritation at all, and my fine lines do appear smoother and plumped. I'm a little wary of trying other products now that I have this new skin sensitivity, so I'll stick with Jason until I feel brave enough to experiment again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not a believer in eye creams in general: they contain the exact same ingredients in a much smaller packaging compared to a decent face cream. I got this sample-sized eye cream as part of Jason Red Elements travel set, and I've been using it every now and then, whenever I can remember. It's a decent moisturizer for the eye area, and it's fragrance and paraben free. Despite what the name promises, it certainly doesn't "lift" anything! Creams don't lift, only plastic surgery can. The jar-form is very unhygienic and it doesn't keep all the good antioxidants stable, which would be reason enough not to buy it. But then again, I wasn't planning on buying it. I'll be using my tiny jar for its decent hydrating properties, and for the fact that its ingredient list is relatively natural and irritant-free .

Ingredients: Purified Water, Triisostearyl Citrate, Vegetable Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Stearic Acid, Ethyl Macadamiate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate-60, Aspalathus Linearis (Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Polylysine, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. I don`t feel like it gives me a lot of moisture, specially on certain days. Just a basic cream. If I apply too much of it, my makeup gets caky.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by msmays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason this stuff burns my eyes like heck. I just can't use it, but I've tried. It didn't do any "lifting" either. I'll keeping searching for another eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A basic eye cream. Natural ingredients which is nice. It claims to have peptides, copper and red algea to help firm skin and promote collagen production. I didn't notice any major anti-aging differences in my skin, but it was very hydrating and seemed to be good as far as keeping skin moist and supple. Absorbed nicely, not greasy, very smooth application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 10:49:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Overall, this is a very basic, moisturizing eye cream. I've been using it for a couple of months now and have not noticed any "lifting" action. But I wasn't expecting any such results so I'm not too disappointed. The texture is nice--reminds of the Zia Ultimate Eye Cream. It sinks in well, does not have a noticeable scent, and is very emollient so I only need a little dab for each eye. Makes my eyes feel good but I'm not sure whether pure Cetaphil cream wouldn't do the same. The price (a little over 23 USD) isn't bad compared to other eye creams out there either. Probably won't repurchase as I'm always on the lookout for a great eye cream.