Jurlique Cleansing Lotion

3.3

on 8/28/2009 5:21:00 AM

I bought this cleansing lotion with the balancing foaming cleanser. The lotion is supposed to clean makeup, but not waterproof mascara. I wear foundation intermittently, but I wear sunscreen religiously. I find that using this cleansing lotion right after I get home makes my face feel really refreshed. But you do need a separate eye-makeup remover separately. So, given the price, I think there might be better-priced makeup remover that can remove the entire face without stinging the eyes at better price, but Jurlique lotion def gives relaxing scent.

on 4/20/2009 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck! I have a sample which I used for a week and it was just yuck!

Pros:
- Possibly the packaging of the full-size

Cons:
- Concentrated ingredients - too many essential oils which makes it smell good no doubt but it wouldn't be good for sensitive skin plus the strength would desensitise skin against these oils
- Texture - too thin to remove makeup and impurities as it claims; you need to use a lot to make it do anything

If they took out the oils this could be a good cleanser for dry/sensitive skin but I can see the potential for irritation and causing breakouts.

on 9/9/2008 1:26:00 PM

I'm assuming this is for the Soothing Cleansing Lotion (formerly called Ultra Sensitive Makeup Remover). I tried this hoping to find a good and less expensive replacement for my Sonya Dakar cleanser. However, it did not work well for me. I found I had to use a lot (at least 4 pumps) so it would run out quickly. As others mentioned, it seems to leave a film afterwards, which is probably nice if you have dry skin. But for irritated skin, it seems to feel like it keeps your skin clogged and further promotes inflammation. It did alleviate some dryness I had, but it also clogged my pores. I think this cleanser is good for those with dry skin that doesn't get congested easily. But for sensitive skin that is acne prone - I would try something else.

I think this is ridiculous, frankly. I only tried it because a friend of mine (who is a Jurlique fan and, unlike me, thinks that a) "natural" products are always better and b) Jurlique makes truly "natural" products- take a look at their sunscreen ingredients for a reality check on that one) gave me a sample. I admit it smells wonderful- as it should, considering the loads of essential oils they put in it, which irritated even my not-sensitive-at-all skin. It's supposed to be a cleanser but it didn't get my (non-waterproof) sunscreen off at all. It left a greasy film and I had to follow with a toner. I hate having to use two steps to wash my face; how silly, and unnecessary, when I can go to any drugstore and pick up one of the many gentle, effective and inexpensive cleansers on the market! Yet another overpriced, overhyped, pointless Jurlique product, in my opinion.

Very concentrated with essential oils and vegetable oils. I enjoy using the former in cleansers but vegetable oils need some kind of surfactant to effectively clean off my sunblock/foundation, etc. This could be an option for dry skin types as a primary wash but for combination/oily/acne-prone types, this should only be used in the same manner as a "cleansing oil" (e.g. massage in, cotton or washcloth off, apply your normal cleanser, rinse; OR it should be removed in the way the castor oil/olive oil homemade cleansing oil is--a very warm, wet washcloth is applied to the face 3-4 times (and rinsed well in between applications)). Used in this way, I enjoy its softening effects. Just be sure to remove well either w/ that secondary cleanser or with the steamy washcloth press method, making sure that the filmy residue is thoroughly removed from your skin.

on 12/4/2007 3:33:00 AM

Imagine what it would be like to wash your face wish straight plant oils--that's what this cleanser felt like. Way to irritating for any skin type in my opinion. It smells good, but it doesn't do anything but cause inflammation.

on 11/21/2007 9:41:00 PM

Ouch. This was so highly concentrated in fragrance/essential oil that my eyes burned even though I avoided the eye area.

on 9/22/2007 7:02:00 AM

I got this product in a gift set, but even before I had run out I already purchased a new one!
While this doesn't fully remove my eye makeup (especially my waterproof mascara) it instantly removes my foundation while leaving my skin feeling moisturized and fresh. I have normal/combination skin in summer and while it can be hard to find a makeup remover/cleanser that cleans without drying my skin out, this cleansing lotion seems to do this perfectly.
I'm actually quite a fan of the glass bottle but for those who don't like them I read that Jurlique is changing their packaging soon. But regardless, I can definitely see myself repurchasing this product.

on 7/25/2007 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have normal/combo skin and this product works for me. I don't use it as an everyday cleanser, but only to clean and prep my face right before a facial. This product feels very light and smells great, but I don't know if it can do what the company claims: that it is "so effective that only a little is required to remove even heavy make-up..." I use jurlique's other cleansers for my everyday routine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I appreciate that this cleanser does not "strip" my skin, but it also doesn't work for me. After cleansing, it only managed to smear my mascara around my eyes. I then had to use my regular cleanser (Aveda cleasing gel) to get it all off. Having to use two "plum tomato" sized dollops to get it to work is an indication that it just doesn't work. I am definitely not buying this again.