December 18, 2014 | 1202 users online

Mascara - Fresh - Supernova ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY mascara I wear. There is not a whole lot of negative things I could say about this mascara, except that it is way overpriced, I think it's about 28$ a tube. BUT- it does last for a while. It doesn't dry out quickly which is good. It just gives me voluminous, lengthened, non-clumped lashes and I love it. I do agree with another reviewer about transferring, it does do that especially on the bottom lash line, but if you set your concealer with a powder, it's less likely to do that. I've been experimenting with this to see if I can avoid it, and so far it's been successful. Bottom line, I would recommend this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Productaddict911

While I loved the formula of this it transferred horribly every time I wore it. Not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by smntha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a $10 mini of Supernova and Firebird at Sephora -- I loved both of them, more so Supernova, but man, I would not spend more than $10 on either. Regular tubes are about $25 and with all the less expensive mascaras out there, in addition to how long they usually last (only a few months) I cannot at all justify spending that much on it. Plus, as awesome as the forumla itself is, the tubes started falling apart by the end - not so great packaging quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Artoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very thin, short, straight Asian lashes and this mascara gives you long, soft, lush lashes without clumping, and is great for your lower lashes as well. I find it super easy to apply. However, it straightens my curled lashes, and also smudges something awful. Not very nice considering its sky-high price! I have found that layering a waterproof mascara over this one helps the smudging issue, however I probably won't be buying this again--for $25 I expect smudge-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara lengthens and adds lush, soft volume. So does Maybelline Full and Soft. I guess I could justify buying this expensive mascara if I got shamed into it by a SA (true story), but these days I prefer drug store mascaras as they all dry out way too fast anyway and plus, I'm Asian with flat lids, and I'm over looking like there's a barcode connecting my eyebrows to my eyeline.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate that this product is so expensive! This is probably my HG mascara and am hesitant to stick to anything else because whenever I do; it can never compete with this Supernova. It doesn't bother my contacts, thus my eyes and doesn't make them burn or itch which a lot of mascaras (both high end and low end) do. The brush is the perfect size and the bristles don't feel stiff or like I'm tugging at my eye lashes to get product on. It's very gentle yet packs a punch. It's very black, thickening, and lengthening. This works very well for me! And it is semi too wet when you first receive it but then it dries out and it works wonderful. I can go for about 6 months of use with this because of how great it works both wet and a little dried out. I'm a very frugal person so I find it hard to justify spending $25 (US) on just mascara, but when I try other alternatives, drugstore and even lower high-end (i.e Clinique), they really just don't compare and I end up going back to this. I cannot wait to order this again once the unfortunate mascara I'm using currently is gone. I LOVE this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Debsie13

This is my absolute Holy Grail mascara! But it's excessively expensive, which is my only complaint about this product. The packaging is super cute, and the wand is comfortable and a good size for really getting the product to the base of the lashes and through to the tips. I find the formula to dry out pretty quickly but if you add a few drops of saline eye drops to it and mix it up you can get another few months out of it, which is great considering the price (approx 28$ CAD). The formula doesn't clump, and it separates and gives my lashes some extra volume and length, and makes them look super black which I love, and doesn't flake. I wish I could find a good drug store dupe, but I haven't so I guess I'll just have to keep repurchasing and searching. Absolutely LOVE this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As blondeslovetoshop said the formula of this mascara is thick and goopy. It can be tricky to apply which makes application a bit of a hassle especially when I'm running short on time in the morning. The last thing I need is smeared mascara from the get go. Speaking of smeared mascara that is the biggest downfall to it. I notice that midday I have the beginnings of raccoon eyes. I have to admit when patiently applied this gives me well defined lashes with that extra volume I love.

I also used a sample included in one of the Fresh gift sets over the holidays. Some reviews mention that it is not the same as the full size version of it. Since I did pay for the gift set the fact that it did not work up to my expectations leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth enough where I won't try and prove whether the full size is any better than the deluxe sample.

Bottom line I won't be repurchasing in spite of the cute mascara tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was Amazing when I tried it!!! Gave me such full soft feathery black lashes. It is too expensive IMO though so I won't be repurchasing. I actually bought the mini one at sephora but it wasnt the same I think the full size works much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I tried the mini version of this because the tube it came in was absolutely adorable. I loved the design on it haha, but anyways, I found this mascara to be alright. I mean it did give length and a bit of thickness, but I felt it would be better for an everyday look. Not something you would want to wear on a night out. Even though they claim it'll give a "diva look."
I do like that it's alcohol free, and it's supposed to condition lashes because it has some type of oil in it. They have more info about it on the Sephora website.
Overall, it's a good mascara but I think my drugstore mascaras can do the same. But, my lashes are naturally curled so I was looking for something more intense.
I would suggest you to TRY IT out first though, because it'll probably look good on others without a natural curl to their lashes.