November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Day use only!

It's fantastic for use during the day for me and actually is a terrific primer under foundation/concealer.

But, if I use it at night, I wake up with drier skin than eight hours (let's be real: 5-ish hours) previously.

I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to CDLM, as I have been for years, but I don't think it's out there for me. Still, CDLM at night and St. Ives during the day isn't the worst balance ever. Right?

As for the jar packaging, I LOVE IT. Big, giant jar, and I don't have an issue with the hygiene. I wash my hands before I use it. Done.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how much product you get, it's a lot of product for 5 bucks. It smells pretty good, but not my favorite smell. Very moisturizing, and a little bit goes a long way. It is not anything special, but it's great for winter nights when my skin is a bit drier than how it usually is. Doesn't leave my face too oily and doesn't cause breakouts (I have extremely acne prone skin). I like it and will repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lifeismusic

I bought this after hearing some pretty decent things about this on Pinterest and because I was wanting to try a new moisturizer.

I usually put this on at night before bed after I wash my face. I would say it was just okay. It's lighter than I would have expected and seems to absorb nicely. Although the scent may bug some people, I don't mind it and find it to almost be relaxing. Even though the amount you get for the price is pretty awesome, the packaging just sucks (sanitary wise).

Having used this moisturizer through three seasons, I'd say it's probably better in the summer months rather than the winter. I've noticed that during the winter, it doesn't seem to moisturize as well which has caused my skin to freak out and produce extra oil. As far as the anti-aging properties, I'm not sure if I've really seen a difference at all.

I'd recommend it to a friend if they wanted an affordable, light moisturizer during the summer and *might* rebuy it was on sale or repackaged, but I'll probably try something different down the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Aside from the hideous, cheap and unsanitary packaging - this is a great, light moisturiser. My mother has used Nivea since coming from Europe and one day bought a tub of this because it was on sale. While staying at her home during the holidays, I noticed her skin looked very "fresh" when she woke up and not as oily as normal, but not dry either - just balanced. I asked her what she changed, she said "St.Ives cream". Then I bought myself a tub of this stuff, it comes in a rather large tub (10oz, about $5). It's pretty cheap and thin, the perfect consistency for combination skin like mine and I use it all over my face, neck and chest. It adds light moisture where needed without any greasy after-feel and sinks in very fast. Works amazing under make-up when I wear it, leaving a velvet-soft base that my foundation/TM/BB cream meshes with perfectly. I like that it only has two different oils (mineral and safflower) which are both fine for my skin. I *wish* it was fragrance-free, luckily the scent is light and I can't smell it 5 seconds after I've applied, also it would be great if it didn't come in a tub (I hate, hate, hate jar packaging - always grosses me out, sorry but there is no way to keep this sanitary spatula or not! and anyone in the store can just pop their hands in the tub, eww). For now I transfer mine into a sterile pump bottle - but that's just me and I can be a bit OCD :) For the packaging I gave this a 1/5 - it's awful. But the product is great, a 5/5 for me - keeps my skin soft without being greasy, no breakouts, no problems. Now if they would just make an unscented version I'd be even happier.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's really thin and watery. It does nothing at all to moisturize you if you have dry skin. I always had dry flaky patches waking up the next day after using this. It's only 5 bucks for a huge jar but its not even worth that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Really good for DAY use. I slathered on a ton after a shower one night before bed and thought I'd be greased up for tonight. I was surprised to see that it absorbed really quickly and left my face so soft. I need heavier goo for winter nights so this is being used during the day now under my foundation. Good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Moisturized my normal/dry skin well but it clogged my pores like crazy! I wanted to love it due to the price and amount. However it makes a great body moisturizer for winter. Has a clean, scent that is pleasant. But honestly, I hate jar packaging for lotions - my hands get slippery and it's just annoying to deal with them. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ngocngaoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this moisturizer did nothing for it. With other moisturizer, my skin would feel dewy after ward. After putting this on, my skin does not feel any more moisturized than before. In fact, it left this weird dry greasy feeling that does not feel pleasant to touch. I have applied this many times, hoping it would somehow work this time and every time I'm left disappointed. It does not do its job as a moisturizer. It's a shame because it's cheap and seems to work for many others.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a false advertised product. You'd assume that it would be rich & creamy but is actually almost like a gel type lotion. It absorbed really fast and then provided no real relief at all. My skin is norm to dry prone, no flakes or irritation just skin feeling a bit dry at times. I knew this was a low.cost product but I can't even seem to repurpose it, it is even too lite for my hands! I may add a wop of oil and try it as a foot cream or something? Thankfully this was only 4 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by karlatif

I just ran out of my Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer which i loved. However, I cannot afford spending almost 20 dollars every time i ran out, but if you can its definitely an awesome moisturizer! I saw on here that this St.Ives one got great reviews so i bought it today. I love the smell! I feel so clean and refreshed after applying it. My face used to be super oily and now I'm probably more combination skin. I feel really moisturized at first, but I add more of this moisturizer once it dries just to make sure my skin is fully hydrated because it still feels a little dry. But I think it is a good moisturizer for before applying makeup since it doesn't leave your skin oily. I love it!