November 23, 2014 | 1725 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Take it Away Makeup remover lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This makeup remover lotion is supposed to remove waterproof and longwear makeup but it doesn't. The texture is a light lotion when applied to the face and rubbed around it turn into a super light oil. The lotion consisitency is not strong enough to remove makeup or sunscreen to light. It contains isoparaffin(mineral oil). This will not remove double wear foundation, revlon colorstay, lancome tient idole..... which are longwear and thick foundations. It did not even remove my super light sunscreen or cream moisturizer. It doesn't rinse off well leaves a slight residue face did not feel cleansed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by RainbowMun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like 2 other reviewers here, this seems to cause a burning sensation in my sensitive combination skin.

My experience in detail:
1) I applied on dry face - and IMMEDIATELY felt a very WARM sensation (is this normal, with this product?)
2) Removed with a dry cotton pad ASAP.
3) Followed with cleanser, rinsing with lots of water, and moisturizer.
4) Felt a painful sensation, redness and rashes following step 3!

Thumbs up if you've had a similar, painful experience! (Or write a review).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by ladypunx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got roped into buying this by a saleswoman for Estée Lauder. I had already noticed that their DoubleWear foundation was more or less impossible to remove with my basic cleanser, so thought this might be a decent investment. Did the trick for removing that cement-like foundation, but also managed to irritate my eyes & skin. Too costly, don't fall for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by arletty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sometimes I use this product to remove my mascara. It works really well but I find I need to follow it up with the Take It Away Gentle Eye and Lip LongWear Make Up Remover to remove the residue before I wash my face. My problem with this product is that when you get down towards the bottom of the bottle, the pump is no longer effective and there is no way to reach the remaining product. I am talking about a good amount of product that is left. The bottle is so long that it is nearly impossible to find anything long enough to "dig it out" with. I complain to the Estee Lauder sales people every time I purchase a new bottle and they always acknowledge that it is a "problem". I wish Estee Lauder would change the packaging on this item to eliminate the waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't bother with makeup remover lotions or similar products. I use soap and coconut oil, and like so many other specialty products, coconut oil makes these kind of removers unnecessary for me.

I got this as a sample with a code from Sephora, and it came with free lipstick samples. I like it. It takes my mascara off without smearing it all over, which is nice. I've been using it for a little over a week. It's a very generous sample to get for free, especially with the lipsticks. It came in a 1 ounce/30ml bottle and a little goes a long way.

I have sensitive skin, so I don't use it daily on my whole face. I haven't had any of the irritation problems other people noticed, so I guess I'm just lucky - especially since the eye area/lashes is the part of my face I use it on regularly! I apply it everywhere on my neck and face when I've worn an overall foundation with a primer, and wipe it off with a baby wipe to make sure all the makeup comes off. I like using the wipes afterward because the makeup that's being removed can be clearly seen.

No complaints, it does its job. I just wouldn't normally bother buying it.

Just some friendly advice, feel free to skip it:
Coconut oil is gentle and it smells nice, and does the job a lot more economically. I've read some people have a bad reaction to coconut oil products, so if you're allergic, or it breaks you out, obviously don't use it or do the makeup remover thing the way I do! But as long as I use a little bit of virgin coconut oil on my lashes, then wash it off with regular face soap, it works fine. It's a gentle, moisturizing product and a huge jar of it cost maybe $8 and lasts a year. I'm not sure if it's true, but a lot of people say it help their eyelashes grow - I never noticed it, but it doesn't hurt them, at least. I use it to remove makeup, as lotion, and to moisturizer the ends of my hair before blow drying it. No, I'm not pushing a specific brand or anything, it's just one of those nifty products women should know about - very thrifty, you can use it tons of ways, and a tiny bit goes a long way. There've actually been studies about coconut oil and repairing hair, so that's a great thing to have around if you bleach like I do.

Sorry for the plug, but I just thought if this product was harsh on you, some natural oils that work might be a good suggestion. Sort of how it was all over when we realized Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel had all the same important ingredients as most pricey foundation primers, and was only six bucks a tube lol. I still know girls who refill their old bottles of expensive primer with that anti-chafing-gel to maintain appearances. :)

As far as this EL lotion goes, I'll probably use up my sample, it's not a bad product if you're not sensative to it. I guess I'd buy it 'again', if I bought this kind if thing regularly. :) I think it goes for about $30? It's expensive, but a little goes a long way if you try, I think.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mscandyfloss86

irritated my eyes badly. The worst makeup remover I ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. I received a sample of this lightly scented, thin lotion, makeup remover. It works quickly and efficiently. It can be removed either with a tissue or rinsed off. It didn't irritate my skin, but I found it a little drying. I think it would be fine for those with normal to oily skin,

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by A1214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great makeup remover. Feels very gentle, doesn't dry out my skin, and removes everything really well. I do have to use a cleanser after because it tends to leave a residue on my skin, but it is a makeup remover, not a cleanser. I find I don't have to use very much for it to work, which is great because the bottle lasts for quite awhile. I am prone to get acne but this has not caused my face to break out, which is rare for me. Also, I love how soft my skin feels after I've used it. I don't often find skincare products that I really like, but this is something that I'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love this guy! Don't know how it's "supposed to be used", but I know how it works for me! An s/a used this on me while I was trying a whole different product, and I was floored with the results. I pump 1-2 pumps on a baby wipe, and get the most gentle, effective, invigorating cleansing I've ever had. The price made me a bit uneasy, but then I saw how economical it was for me for the long run(all you need is a wipe and a pump-w/ other m/u removers I'd need @ least 2 wipes and way more product).It doesn't clog pores or make my face feel greasy on one hand,and on the other, it also doesn't burn my face or make it feel dry-my face literally feels exactly as it did before I put my makeup on, which, I believe, is the goal of a good m/u remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Nick169

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ONLY makeup remover that I have found that removes my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation! I've tried MAC's make up removing oil, and Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm, both with NO luck. I have to use this twice before my regular cleanser, but whatever works!!!!!!
All of you who are complaining about having an oily residue after, you are still supposed to follow with your regular cleanser afterwards. This is only a makeup remover, not a face cleanser!