August 23, 2014 | 1964 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Take it Away Makeup remover lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mscandyfloss86

irritated my eyes badly. The worst makeup remover I ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. I received a sample of this lightly scented, thin lotion, makeup remover. It works quickly and efficiently. It can be removed either with a tissue or rinsed off. It didn't irritate my skin, but I found it a little drying. I think it would be fine for those with normal to oily skin,

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by A1214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great makeup remover. Feels very gentle, doesn't dry out my skin, and removes everything really well. I do have to use a cleanser after because it tends to leave a residue on my skin, but it is a makeup remover, not a cleanser. I find I don't have to use very much for it to work, which is great because the bottle lasts for quite awhile. I am prone to get acne but this has not caused my face to break out, which is rare for me. Also, I love how soft my skin feels after I've used it. I don't often find skincare products that I really like, but this is something that I'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love this guy! Don't know how it's "supposed to be used", but I know how it works for me! An s/a used this on me while I was trying a whole different product, and I was floored with the results. I pump 1-2 pumps on a baby wipe, and get the most gentle, effective, invigorating cleansing I've ever had. The price made me a bit uneasy, but then I saw how economical it was for me for the long run(all you need is a wipe and a pump-w/ other m/u removers I'd need @ least 2 wipes and way more product).It doesn't clog pores or make my face feel greasy on one hand,and on the other, it also doesn't burn my face or make it feel dry-my face literally feels exactly as it did before I put my makeup on, which, I believe, is the goal of a good m/u remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Nick169

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ONLY makeup remover that I have found that removes my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation! I've tried MAC's make up removing oil, and Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm, both with NO luck. I have to use this twice before my regular cleanser, but whatever works!!!!!!
All of you who are complaining about having an oily residue after, you are still supposed to follow with your regular cleanser afterwards. This is only a makeup remover, not a face cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Duinnie

I have a sample of this in a gift set purchased.
I'm not perfectly satisfied with how it cleanses. It does remove my makeup, but I still had to wash with regular soap afterwards or it leaves a greasy residue. I only use this as an alternative because I prefer to use Bobbi Brown Cleansing oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rmm1126

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does not remove my makeup and definitely not my regular, non-waterproof mascara. After I rinse it off it leaves a greasy residue on my face and lots of makeup on my white towel and mascara under my eyes. I am extremely disappointed since I bought this based on rave reviews of how well it removes makeup. I can't believe this works well for other people since it does absolutely nothing for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

If I could rate this crappy remover a negative 1 I would! It felt like I was washing my face in acid, as every piece of skin this horrid remover came into contact with immediately began burning horribly. I couldn't get it washed off fast enough & was left with the corners of my eyes extremely inflamed & beet red. I have no idea what happened as I used the sample I received from the sales associate multiple times with no problem. Once I used the actual product from the bottle I purchased, all heck broke loose!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this makeup remover in a gift with purchase.
I find that I need a lot of product for the job despite not using this on my eyes as I have a separate eyemakeup remover for that.
I'm not thrilled with it: not the texture, not the runnyness, not the scent and not the performance.
Doesn't feel as good to my skin as Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs or Lancome's Galatee Confort, Creme Douceur or Huile Douceur; all of these are followed by my skin cleaser.
Yes, I am a skin care junkie, and this one does not fit my bill. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

Smells and feels like your spreading liquid fabric softener on your face, but boy does it work. Mascara, eyeliner, you name it! You do have to wash with regular soap though after because this is not a facial cleanser, its a make-up remover. It does deliver though. My toner pad is as white as Marie Osmonds teeth. Bottle is pretty and user friendly too.

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN; HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT; TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT; ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER; PEG-8 DILAURATE; SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE; SQUALANE; TROMETHAMINE; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); PHENOXYETHANOL; METHYLPARABEN; ETHYLPARABEN; PROPYLPARABEN; BUTYLPARABEN; ISOBUTYLPARABEN; YELLOW 5 (CI 19140); GREEN 5 (CI 61570)

Made in USA
Tests on animals for Chinese Market only
Owned by big Corp-Estee Lauder (who owns just about all the other makeup counters in your favorite dept store)