September 16, 2014 | 2099 users online

Concealers - Stila - Perfecting Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so blown away by how much I really love this concealer. It hit me out of no where.
I bought this in the Shade B and its the concealer that matches me the best out of all the concealers I have tried in my life so far. =)

First a little bit about why I decided to buy this just so if you are having similar issues, maybe this will help.
My favorite 2 drugstore concealers, 1 got reformulated and now its crap. The second got discontinued. So I went back into the higher range of concealers to find something for both under eyes and blemishes. MAC breaks me out. (A lot of things do) I landed on wither this one or Too Faced. Same "type" of concealer, same amount of product, similar reviews, but Stila happened to be having a sale.

My under eye area has some fine lines and one eye already has a pretty deep wrinkle.
I have oily skin, but my under eyes are pretty finicky. They are dry but if something is too hydrating it will move and crack and separate. Nothing really has ever stayed well for me. But anything to dry and it looks like a cakey mess.

This concealer has a true satin finish. Very brightening without being pearly or shimmery. But not too radiant that I cant use it on acne, scarring or any other imperfection.

On the under eye area, this WORKS! its hydrating but it sets. Not too dry, but not to creamy that it slips everywhere. I have had NO problems with creasing. It blends very easily and a very tiny amount goes a long way. It does set pretty fast so I would do one eye at a time.
Covers my dark circles well and again has a nice brightening effect but nothing that us oily skin people would / should be scared of.
It also has not broken me out.

Even though this costs a bit more, because I can use it multiple ways and you need so little, I think the cost is justified.

Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the colour and the texture but after a while it does crease. It also does make my under eyes look dry. It shows the texture that I have under my eyes. There are many other concealers out there that do a better job... (any of my other 10 concealers are better... I have way too many, I know, but I use them depending on how bad my face looks on that day xD)

I am wearing it right now, as I type this. I smoothed out the creasy-ness. It seems to be okay now. Still looks kinda dry :/

Coverage: Medium - Full
Texture: Heavy
Crease: Yes
Drying: Yes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mdaviesx

Really like this little concealer! I bought it hoping it would cover blemishes and it does the job! It is quite a thick consistancy so is good for large red spots. However if you are using for undereye I would advise trying something else as it does not work well for that.

Comes in a small silver squeezy tube, so it is really easy to get the smallest amounts out and it honestly goes a very long way. As it is quite thick and runny, product tends to transfer back onto the finger when trying to blend, I achieve maximum effects when using a concealer brush. Wear is pretty long if you seal with powder.

In my opinion, it is a good product and I would buy it again but I am definitely still on the search for the perfect concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by aspenwall

I needed a concealer to multi-task my dark circles and my red nose and cheeks. This does not work for that. It's hard to put on for me because it's thick, so it does not glide on. If I want to put it on my cheeks and nose then I have to mix it with moisturizer. Aside from that, the coverage was great and I never had any problems with creasing. This was also an excellent color for my hard-to-match skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best concealer I've ever used! I can use it under my eyes without it exaggerating my fine lines which is amazing. It makes my dark circles almost undetectable. I mix this with the Stila Tinted Moisturizer I use to apply to my cheeks and nose to cover up the rosacea redness I have. This concealer wears all day long when set with Laura Mercier Loose Powder. Shade A is a good match for my my NC15 skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This concealer looks cakey and is impossible to blend in to the undereye area. Awful. Even when i do rub it in with my fingers, it doesn't blend in! I prefer MAC prolongwear concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find stila face products are far too yellow for me. I purchased this online using my best judgement for my shade so that may have affected the payoff on me. Nonetheless, I find this concealer far too drying for me, which means it also creased like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by psubash5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Finally.. Great coverage! Only issue is that sometimes it creates lines when wearing it under eye however a primer may alleviate that problem!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by shalyserenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I have to say, that find a concealer that I like is next to impossible. I do love Stila products, especially their shadows. That said, I was very unimpressed w this concealer. I felt like it was a tad "oily." I'm sure this isn't a problem for everyone, but, for me, it didn't have staying power because of this. I felt like if I touched the concealer I would rub it off, even after letting it "bake", patting it in and setting w powder. I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't good coverage or long lasting. I'm sure other people like it as it does feel nice and spreads well. Just not my cup of tea :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer, but for the price I expected it to be long wearing. Its has light-medium coverage that is easy to blend & comes in a varied shade range. I use it for blemishes/freckles.

Besides the fading throughout the day it does the job. I won't repurchase because I can find something less expensive & of the same quality.