Stila Perfecting Concealer

3.6

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE [] TALC [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] SQUALANE [] DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE [] HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ ISOPRENE COPOLYMER [] NYLON-12 [] ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE [] STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE [] BORON NITRIDE [] TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] BHT [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

on 2/1/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer works well to cover flaws that the sheer Perfect & Correct foundations allow to peek through.

While it does crease at first, let it set and then reblend. It works well on under eye blue circles and mine are dark dark dark. Most concealers are too sheer for me but this one covers and lasts.

I use this concealer solely to cover up acne scarring & the occasional zit/pimple that show up overnight. I don't conceal my under-eye area because Ive never had a problem with dark circles or vein-y under-eyes thank God. That's one skin blessing I've got going for me I suppose. It'd just be totally unfair if I had that in addition to scarring, acne, redness, uneven skin tone, Etc. Anywho!! This Stila Perfecting Concealer: it's very very thick and "creamy" in consistency, the shade I had was pretty yellow but matched alright I suppose. I sat at Ulta trying on different shades and the one that was closest still wasn't that close. It's almost putty-like girls, I'll say that. It blends like a big crazy mess...its like a dry erase marker in that respect...catch my drift? If you blend back over a spot that already has been concealed, it rubs off. And yes, it is quite shiny, but setting powder will quell that problem. The dry erase aspect, however, cannot be fixed... There's no way to wear this properly I feel. And although it's thick and putty like it doesn't cover up very well. I just feel like this is a waste of $ and ones time. Ugh. :(

I am so blown away by how much I really love this concealer. It hit me out of no where.
I bought this in the Shade B and its the concealer that matches me the best out of all the concealers I have tried in my life so far. =)

First a little bit about why I decided to buy this just so if you are having similar issues, maybe this will help.
My favorite 2 drugstore concealers, 1 got reformulated and now its crap. The second got discontinued. So I went back into the higher range of concealers to find something for both under eyes and blemishes. MAC breaks me out. (A lot of things do) I landed on either this one or Too Faced. Same "type" of concealer, same amount of product, similar reviews, but Stila happened to be having a sale.

My under eye area has some fine lines and one eye already has a pretty deep wrinkle.
I have oily skin, but my under eyes are pretty finicky. They are dry but if something is too hydrating it will move and crack and separate. Nothing really has ever stayed well for me. But anything to dry and it looks like a cakey, dry mess.

This concealer has a true satin finish. Very brightening without being pearly or shimmery. But not too radiant that I cant use it on acne, scarring or any other imperfection.

On the under eye area, this WORKS! its hydrating but it sets. Not too dry, but not to creamy that it slips everywhere. I have had NO problems with creasing. It blends very easily and a very tiny amount goes a long way. (Best blended with finger tips.) It does set pretty fast so I would do one eye at a time. Covers my dark circles well and again has a nice brightening effect but nothing that us oily skin people would / should be scared of.
It also has not broken me out.

Even though this costs a bit more, because I can use it multiple ways and you need so little, I think the cost is justified.

Highly recommend.

on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the colour and the texture but after a while it does crease. It also does make my under eyes look dry. It shows the texture that I have under my eyes. There are many other concealers out there that do a better job... (any of my other 10 concealers are better... I have way too many, I know, but I use them depending on how bad my face looks on that day xD)

I am wearing it right now, as I type this. I smoothed out the creasy-ness. It seems to be okay now. Still looks kinda dry :/

Coverage: Medium - Full
Texture: Heavy
Crease: Yes
Drying: Yes

on 1/25/2014 3:03:00 PM

Really like this little concealer! I bought it hoping it would cover blemishes and it does the job! It is quite a thick consistancy so is good for large red spots. However if you are using for undereye I would advise trying something else as it does not work well for that.

Comes in a small silver squeezy tube, so it is really easy to get the smallest amounts out and it honestly goes a very long way. As it is quite thick and runny, product tends to transfer back onto the finger when trying to blend, I achieve maximum effects when using a concealer brush. Wear is pretty long if you seal with powder.

In my opinion, it is a good product and I would buy it again but I am definitely still on the search for the perfect concealer!

on 10/4/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I needed a concealer to multi-task my dark circles and my red nose and cheeks. This does not work for that. It's hard to put on for me because it's thick, so it does not glide on. If I want to put it on my cheeks and nose then I have to mix it with moisturizer. Aside from that, the coverage was great and I never had any problems with creasing. This was also an excellent color for my hard-to-match skin.

on 8/24/2013 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the best concealer I've ever used! I can use it under my eyes without it exaggerating my fine lines which is amazing. It makes my dark circles almost undetectable. I mix this with the Stila Tinted Moisturizer I use to apply to my cheeks and nose to cover up the rosacea redness I have. This concealer wears all day long when set with Laura Mercier Loose Powder. Shade A is a good match for my my NC15 skin tone.

This concealer looks cakey and is impossible to blend in to the undereye area. Awful. Even when i do rub it in with my fingers, it doesn't blend in! I prefer MAC prolongwear concealer.

I find stila face products are far too yellow for me. I purchased this online using my best judgement for my shade so that may have affected the payoff on me. Nonetheless, I find this concealer far too drying for me, which means it also creased like crazy.