November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Sunscreen - Garnier - Ambre Solaire V High Protection Milk Meroxyl 30

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 4:21:00 AM More reviews by LynleeS

I bought this SS because I was looking for a daily SS with Meroxyl but within 2 weeks it had broken me out. I am absolutely sure it was the SS because I had not changed anything else and had been breakout free for about 4 months. The consistancy is pretty thick and does take a while to sink in before you can move on with your routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by joeyinfiji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Australia, the first time I used it I thought it was very sticky & thick.... even after I let it "soak in". I've been using this for a week now & love it! It is still a bit "thick & sticky" but it does soak in after a while & it's fine. It does leave you with the "Kabuki shine". But it's worth it for the protection. It does contain Mexoryl SX. I used the Ciba sunscreen simulator on this... & it recorded a 10.9 PPD factor. I use this everyday but if I'm out in the sun on a summer day.... I'll go with a higher PPD SS. Perfect for someonw with normal - dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very good basic sunscreen with milky consistency and nice smell. I bought it instead of more expensive Anthelios while visiting Europe last year. It works great for my body but it's way too oily to use on my face. Being a blue-eyed and fair-skinned Arizona resident, I know I should use sunscreen every day on every square inch of my body, but...I wonder how quickly the sunscreen active ingredients slip off my face along with the sebum my pores are producing nonstop?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product DEscription:Easy to apply, it's instantly absorbed by the skin, without leaving white marks. Containing Mexoryl SX, an advanced patented filter, it protects against UVA and UVB rays which cause sun burn and long-term skin damage. It also contains a hydrating complex, cactus nutriflavones and pure vitamin E, to defend the skin by hydrating it and maintaining the natural moisture levels during sun exposure. Hydrated and protected, your skin is better defended against the sun's harmful effects.

Active Ingredients: Octocrylene 100mg/ml; Titanium Dioxide 55mg/ml; ButylMethoydibenzoylmethane 25mg/ml; Ecamsule 6mg/ml.

Damage: AUD$12.99 for 200ml. sometimes drugstore has 20% off so its quite cheap for 200ml bottle.

On ME: i have combo/oily skin during summer & normal/combo during winter. been using this for 2 weeks. the fragrance in the product is very nice! florally-orangey smelling but not overpowering. i actually like it. there isnt the usual chemical sunscreen smell present at all.

texturewise --> Deosnt claim to be waterresistant but i noticed that water flows off the skin just like the shiseido one. Claims that texture is non-greasy & non-sticky. Easy to apply & absorbs instantly without leaving white marks. Personlly find it more creamier than the current shiseido ultimate sun lotion SPF 55 that i am using. Non-greasy, non sticky - true. But i find it doesnt absorb as well than the shiseido one cos there is a shine left on my face. so i use loose powder & i find that the power doesnt grab on to any dry skin flakes (which usually happens with the shiseido). Unfortunately, weather's been heating up & the other day i looked at the mirror & saw a grease-ball! much too oily for me & with continued use on the face, i noticed big red bumps appearing allover my face! best perhaps for use on body or for people with dry skin.
continued >>