July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Le Rouge Absolu - Merlot

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't know why I haven't reviewed this before. This is one of the only lipsticks I have ever repurchased multiple times. Back in 2002 or so, I was wearing a Lancome shade called Cognac Velvet. Kept wearing it for years and, when they discontinued it, even bought a bulk of it off the Lancome website. When I finally ran out, I went to the Lancome counter and asked if there was a dupe for it. The SA told me that Merlot was identical. That was about 2005, I think. Anyway - several years of repurchasing later - I still have a Merlot in my dressing table.

Though it is a dark wine red shade and I am super pale (Bobbi Brown Alabaster foundation), I just think it looks really beautiful. It makes my light green eyes even brighter (and almost look blue). I blot it after application so it isn't so intense, but it is just a beautiful, classy, flattering shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. The kind of red that just WORKS. Not flashy or distracting, just a rich classic brick red. Very emollient but also highly pigmented for good color payoff and long color duration without drying your lips out. Found this totally at random after just idly stopping by the Lancome counter at Macy's yesterday, and LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the color of this lipstick - darker than my natural lipcolor but the same tone as my lips. It even makes my teeth look whiter. It feels good on my lips, not drying at all. It seems to make my lips look fuller.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by feelingpeachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a different formula from the other Rouge Absolu lippies. It's far more emollient and has spf, but doesn't wear as well as the other, dryer formula (which lasts almost like a stain). This one feathers some and just isn't as long-lasting. That said, I love to apply this over a clear lipgloss to get a sheer, glossy red. It's a great warm red with some brown color for me (ppp with warm undertones, Alima N0/N1).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great rich color in a beautiful package. The color is very dramatic, and surprisingly smooth and creamy for a matte shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty, dark wine/brick red lipstick, not quite as dark as the Rouge Ombre, but about one step lighter. A pretty vamp red. Love the performance and taste of these Lancome lipsticks. This is a very glamourous color, I prefer this to MAC's Dubonnet, they are a very similar color, but this one wears better, doesn't feather or bleed and isn't as dry. I will repurchase. I'm a MAC NC30 and this looks very nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just love this color! On me it is a soft brown red that I can wear with anything, and I can wear it both day and night. It is super emollient too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect to like this lipstick as much as I do. The color is so pretty with my NC42 skintone. It is a rich darkish red. The color is vibrant, but you can make it work for day time, I wore it to work today actually. I was also happy with the staying power. It stayed on much longer than some of my other lipsticks. When it does wear off, it leaves lips stained evenly and lips feel moisturized. I said I would purchase it again, because I DO like it. But there are just so many lipsticks out there and I'm always trying new stuff so I don't know if I will ever really repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2005 4:07:00 PM More reviews by KauaiShan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is my perfect everyday deep red. Perfect for the office - very sophisticated but not glaring. Very moisturizing (almost too much so b/c it wears off quickly). Defintely will buy this over and over