December 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Top/Base Coats - China Glaze - No-chip Topcoat

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Tinaagade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would not repurchase cause I like trying out everything, plus I would rather repurchase my Essie Good to Go cause its more practical having a quick dry top coat, because if you care about your colored nailpolish you'd touch it up with a top coat every other day, and then you will most likely find yourself in a situation where you dont have the worlds time, so you just drop it instead, and thats no good.

The finish of this is good, its really glossy and I end up looking at my nails more, haha
And also it doesnt like loosen the color of the polish you have on as quick, like, you dont have to super hurry to not make the color of the polish get onto your top coat brush, that can sometimes be a problem for me with the essie good to go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sorry to bring down the rating of this product, but it just didn't work for me. I found this took forever to dry, like 3 to 4 hours. Plus once it's dry I noticed chips within 2 to 3 days. I'm glad others can enjoy this, but it's not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Not a fan. I mean, I guess I set this up to fail, the first time, using no base coat whatsoever, Cult Nails polish and then this topcoat. Chips-lots of them...in 3 days.

Tried again, this time with a base coat (sally hansen age correct discontinued) and China Glaze neon polish, (yes neon sucks) and then this topcoat. Today is the 3rd day, and I have a huge chip on my thumb. Didn't do much, washed dishes with gloves, barely any typing, I didn't smash it. *Sigh*

What's it gonna take to find a gooood no chip topcoat!? I honestly can't keep throwing $$ at these things. Ah. BUT the next thing I'm going to try is the Sally Hansen insta-dri no chip topcoat maybe that will help me. Maybe different basecoats? I will update my review if my opinion of this product changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by SPOILEDkiwi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this a day after I get a manicure and it makes my polish last for over a week. My manicurist is always impressed when I go back to her with near perfect polish. When I do my nails myself I prefer Seche Vite because this takes a long time to dry. It's also a little difficult to remove but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by kkets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best top coat I have found so far in terms of prolonging a manicure. I haven't found it takes an excessive amount of time to dry but I guess I do leave it for at least 30 minutes. I like the gloss shine finish and it doesn't bubble.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this topcoat!!
Seriously, this is the best topcoat in the world. The formula is thin enough so it dries quickly and smoothly... no lumps or bumps at all, and it takes a regular dull polish to a shining finish! I will use this topcoat forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by teela1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm editing my review :) After using this more and more, though it works very well for it's non-chippyness, it just takes too long to dry. And though it doesn't chip much (very good about that actually) it tends to raze a bit (like gets little stress cracks?). If I follow it with a fast-dry top coat it does a bit better on the dry time, but is still soft/difficult to deal with for at least 30 minutes post-application.

I like it, and it improves if you layer some seche vite over it, but it's definitely got its downsides.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best top coat I have used, my manis can last for up to a week with this which for me is a long time! After applying a base coat and usually 2 coats of colour I apply 2 coats of this and finish with OPI drip dry. My only issue is that even with drip dry for it to fully dry takes absolutely ages so you have to use it fairly early in the day to avoid sheet marks, I've actually painted my nails at about 2pm before and woken up the next day with sheet/hair marks on some of my nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually really like to use this as a top coat. Gives are really shiny finish. My first reaction was that it was much more runny and is not thick as my previous top coats. However application is easy and love the finish. My only complaint is that it takes forever to dry properly:( Would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by januarythoughts

I purchased this product because my nail polish usually chips the next day. I have very soft nails so I usually have to put on a hardener first then apply 2-3 coats of polish depending on the color. After I apply the color and let it dry for about a minute, I apply to coats of the No chip polish and let it sit for about 2 mins w/ the liquid quick dry formula I use. It's been about 6 days and no chips in sight! The polish is still very smooth and looks new. I will most definitely be using this product on a regular basis.