November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Pure Turquoise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Understated and chic, Pure Turquoise is for those days when I feel calmer than usual and feel in better control of my life. It goes well with simple but good quality clothes, a pair of good leather shoes and a chic handbag (a rare occasion in my life).

It's a subdued fragrance but it has some interesting notes like cactus - or cactus flower- black currant leaves (which I really like) and some leather. It moves seamlessly from the succulent cactus to dry leather, with currant leaves and a tad of patch adding a lovely depth to it. It is really pleasant, to say the least.

Low sillage but OK lasting power on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of most things Ralph Lauren so I really wanted to like this. I can't make my mind up either way, it sorta sits somewhere in the middle. It's inoffensive, fresh but cozy. When I think about it, its actualy quite a diverse perfume. It suits winter wear as much as summer, day as well as night. But for me its just not memorable or a classic. I may try it again in the future if for a change.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by yettb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

fresh and woodsy light rum/vanilla This is very nice and doesn't have a fruity or peppery note so it really stands out as something a bit different it is not overpowering and could easily be worn any season and for any occaision

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited about this perfume. Sadly, it did not live up to my expectations. I tried to figure out what it was about the scent that was so unappealing to me. Finally I realized that it smells exactly like something my grandma used to wear. (I did ask her about it, but she said that she has never owned a Ralph Lauren perfume before.). Occasionally I do force myself to wear just because I don't want to waste it, and I will admit that it takes on a different scent when I wear it. Still I can't shake the thought that I smell like my grandma. I'm giving it four lippies because the lasting power is great and it's really not fair to judge it on my associations with the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

I love Ralph Lauren fragrances and this one is no exception. It's kind of an aquatic with personality! I love it as it's fresh smelling and definitely has some of the aquatic notes, but it's got a bit of oomph in the base notes and rather than fading away to very little like a lot of the aquatic fragrances do, Pure Turquoise dries down to a fresh, lightly woody base with a tiny hint of patchouli. Definitely one to try if you are looking for something fresh, but standards aquatics leave you feeling a bit "meh" :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

My absolute favourite fragrance from Ralph Lauren is Blue for women, that scent has more of a personality to it. I generally love Ralph Lauren scent, but I got to say this wasn't that impressing.
This really reminds me off Paris Hilton Fairy Dust, its way to musky and sweet for my taste. The staying power of this isn't great, and that's because it is an EDT.
I love Ralph Lauren Blue for women and Rocks, I also love his other perfume such as Polo Blue for men, Polo Black for men and Ralph Lauren Romance, Hot etc which to me were all different and appealing, I though I cant go wrong with this, geez I was wrong.
I'm using this now as a room and car fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL!!! I first bought this years ago and was so sad when I found out it was a limited edition! Well I guess it was popular enough that they decided to bring it back and thank god they did! I ADORE this more than words can describe! It's the perfect soft, clean, fresh scent. I've gotten so many compliments on it! Its apparent popularity means it's become more widely available, and thus cheaper too! I most recently got the giant bottle last year in Target for $40, and it's seems like it's lasting forever! I wish they had a body spray too (do they? I've yet to see one anywhere) so I could mist everything I own!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not think it qualifies as a fresh neither an aquatic scent!! it is in my opinion a soft oriental...with a musky, woodsy base, and the patchouli note is present from the top notes to the base notes..nonentheless it retains a certain lightness to it, and altough it is ever present, it never gets cloying ..I am by no means a fan of RL< but this is certainly its best one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by PenelopePitstopKYD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased this "retail" without searching for a bargain and was not disappointed! This is one of my all time favorites and I love the look of this fragrance. Goes beautifully with my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure Turquoise is a light fruity-floral with a fresh drydown. One of Ralph Lauren's better smelling fragrances. The fruity-floral topnotes are very well done with plenty of tartness to keep the frangrance from becoming overly sweet. I wish the the top notes lasted longer into the fragrance as I find the drydown to be quite fresh and acquatic. Overall, not a bad smelling fragrance at all. Would be great for a daily scent to wear to the office.