October 25, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lip Treatments - Banana Boat - SPF 30 sunscreen lip balm Aloe Vera with Vitamin E

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by ellajcurly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im not in love with it,but i think it's good for hydrating your lips and leaves it smooth,although you still need to scrub your lips before(when lazy i just brush my lips with toothbrush).the smell is really horrible too and the stick is broken inside,but it's maybe because i've been using this for about 2 years now so i think its a good bonus because it sticks with me for battling dry lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! No weird scent, smell or taste which I am very sensitive to. Moisturizes so well that I use it even when I won't be outside in the sun. It was really cheap too, like 2 bucks. I am prone to getting strange allergic reactions from lip balms but this doesn't cause any reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really nice lip balm, makes my lips super smooth and soft, and at a fairly good price. Also helps me avoid getting sun burnt lips :)

Will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Love this stuff. I wear it under lipstick and when I am walking running outside. I alternate with my Smashbox SPF 15 since that one is WAY more expensive! It tastes great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i've got the aloe vera with vitamin e sunscreen lip balm spf 45.
i bought it mainly for the high spf factor. There is nothing special to it, but at least it didnt make my lips peel or feel terrible like almost every blistex product does.
one thing about this product that is weird, is that when i put it on, i get an extremely weird after taste in my mouth! I went back and forth between this one and another lip balm i have, and it is just this one that gives me this bad breath weird after taste in my mouth. did anyone else experience this?!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

Oh man I love this. It's difficult to find lip sunscreens with high SPF's but then this one actually smells yummy and tastes good. This will be a summer staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm is full of evil ingredients, but it really does protect my lips from the elements. For peace of mind while outdoors in the sun its worth it. Smells really yummy. Quite a thick formula with decent staying power and quite moisturising. Great price, convenient small tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

I've got 3 tubes of this stuff because I find it great to use when I'm on holiday as it has UVA/UVB protection and is sweatproof/waterproof. This lip balm looks like the standard tube style that rolls up from the bottom. The tube is green and white, and not only comes blister packed, the lid is also sealed. One twist of the lid, however, and the seal is easily broken. I don't understand why Banana Boat felt the need to waste packaging materials by double sealing this product...but oh well.

Active Ingredients: Octyl Dimethyl PABA (8%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (6%), Homosalate (5%) (Sunscreen), Dimethicone (1.1%) (Skin Protectant)
Inactive Ingredients: Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Bees Wax, Butylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (coconut), Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Fragrance, Isopropylparaben, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Myristyl Lactate, Ozokerite, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Silica, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

I'm keen on this liptreatment, although I feel that the formula is slightly thicker than all my other lipbalms so it feels abit heavier on the lips. It also leaves a funny taste in my mouth if I lick my lips. However, I can get over this because it really does protect my lips from the sun, and this is exactly what I purchased it for. The fact that it's infused with aloe vera and vitamin e is another plus as they are both moisturising on my lips and prevent any chapping.

The tube says to apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply as needed. It is not intended for children under the age of six months. While the colour contains a light tinge of yellow, it does not leave any colour on my lips. I do detect an odour to it that I am not particularly fond of, although I can't tell you what the scent is. It doesn't bother me when the lip balm is on my lips, I only smell it when I am putting it on and then it seems to go away. I actually once used this lip balm around my eyes as it gives them that valuable Vitamin E, (which is a powerful antioxidant that is used in many face creams).

If you take a peek back at the list of ingredients, you will see that most of them are quite natural. There are a few parabens, but for the most part I am happy with the quality of ingredients. I always like the most natural products I can find, but unfortunately I have not been able to find an all natural lip balm that also contains sunscreen.

The packaging does look fairly small but it lasts for ages. I've had my first tube for 2 years now and still have 3/4 of it left. Pricing is quite cheap also. Overall, this is a good product which I'll most likely repurchase again.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I just got a tube of this last week and i love it!
I personally feel that this is better than my Kiehls lip balm.Its cheap and really moisturises my chapped lips and plus it smells great,like lollipop.I will definitely be repurchasing this again.:-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great lip balm, really soothes and protects. It can feel a little thick/ waxy if you overapply it, though. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and my lips stay smooth. Like most other lip balms, this has no UVA protection at all. So minus a lippie.