November 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish - Vanishing Venus

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by HannahBeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to wear to a rock concert, but I wear it under normal circumstances as well. I love the color, mostly because I was never fan of conventional nail colors anyway. When I bought it, I had just started a new job fairly recently, so I felt the need to ease my new coworkers into my funky nail polish color fetish. I love the thinner texture of this stuff, as it gives you a lot of control over how deep you want the color to be. It looks much better on short nails than longer nails, and the applicator handle is short and wide which makes it easy (for me at least) to apply when I'm not using my dominant hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by renemy

This is kind of a hard color to wear. The base is a very deep purplely wine, but the green-blue shimmer is quite cool-toned. I think it might be like Misa's Embroidered Emerald? Nonetheless, it is a lovely color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I was also intrigued by the color as it appeared in the bottle. "Vanishing Venus" reminded me of MAC Blue Brown pigment--a sort of burgundy-brown base with a aqua-greenish iridescent 'flash'. Groovy. On my nails, with more than one coat, it's more of a deep, berry-purplish color with lots of green glitter. Wear is okay, about average with other polishes I've tried (including Essie and OPI along with DG brands--except for NARS. NARS was horrible).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was truly enchanted by this color in the bottle in the store. It's a shimmery mix of purple and green--something about these 2 colors together is mystifying to me. Anyway, most of the time on my nails it appears to be weird blue-green. The color is not too flattering for my skin tone; however, it's very unique. The regular price for it at a drugstore is $3.99, which is kind of just above average for d/s polish, I purchased it for $2.99 on sale & that seemed fair. The polish dried evenly with no streaks or bubbles and it's a thin texture of polish. I only applied 2 coats, but I think 3 would have been better.

In all the polish was fine, but I won't' be repurchasing this one because the color is not very flattering to my skin tone-- I decided to step out of my nail color comfort zone to try something different. As for as drying quickly, it did. So far, the wear on it lasts as well as my OPI polishes, but I believe a good base & top coat helps pull it all together.