November 27, 2014 | 1595 users online

Eyeliner - Quo - automatic eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by BluePlateSpecial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear Quo Automatic Eyeliner in Sultry Brown every day. It's a taupe colour that is a dead on dupe for both MAC Earthline and the Clinique Quickliner taupe - not sure what the name of the colour is. The formula is actually smoother than MAC but not as smooth as Clinique - however the price is about 1/2 so I deal!

It is absolutely the most wearable eyeliner ever - I have never been able to handle black eyeliner. For some reason it never looks right on me!

So I love the automatic thing, hate having to deal with a sharpener... the one thing I find is that there's no way to know when you're coming to the end of the pencil - so I always buy my next one when I start a new one. I also find that some stores have difficulty keeping Sultry Brown in stock - but I've asked Shoppers to restock and they've been good about it. And since I buy my next pencil when I start a new one, I have time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hands down fav. Pricey, so I opt for colorstay at times,but if smooth application thin or thick with zero transfer and marathon wear in bold color is for you as it is for me, I strongly recommend giving this a go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear this eyeliner by itself in the daytime and if I'm going out somewhere in the evening, I layer it over kohl eyeliner for extra impact. It is a little hard to remove (so a good makeup remover is a must) but despite that, it never smudges or flakes. This is not a great product for lower lids because it isn't as soft as a kohl liner (I use Annabelle eyeliner for lining the lower lids) but for lining the upper lash line it works wonders and can be applied in a thin or thick line for different looks. I strongly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product long ago, when I was still in highschool and thought it was an amazing eyeliner. Compared to other drugstore offerings it might have been, but there are much better high end options out there, and at $12 (CDN) it's not that much of a leap to the $16 for Urban Decay or MAC, both of which do much better liners. I like the mechanical pencil form, but that's about it. The colour isn't all that intense of a black, and the staying power isn't fabulous either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by crystal9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the product itself i think is mediocre. it goes on smoothly but it's not that dark. it's great for a more natural look but not so much for a dramatic look. the smudger at the other end is good to have, and it works better if i smudge it (but if i smudge it too hard it basically gets rubbed off so i have to be careful).
the packaging isn't too great though. the cap on the smudger side is way too loose and it keeps falling off. the self-sharpening rotater thing is also too loose to the extent that while i'm using it, it rotates by itself and i keep having to readjust. maybe it's just mine though.
so, for the price (more expensive than most drugstore brands like maybelline, CG, almay, etc..) I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ick!!! I hate this eyeliner!! I usually like Quo products, but thier off on this one. It doesn't glide on, but is more jaggedy. I find the colour to be weak ( I have the dark brown) which isn't really dark at all. Overall this product is missing something, so I wouldn't recommend it or repurchase. I'm currently using NYC Eye pencil in Dark Brown and at $1.99 Cdn. it's the best purchase, not to mention the product itself is fantastic!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

This is very similar to Clinique's Quickliner except this is cheaper. I would not repurchase due to the lack of staying power but this works nicely on the lower waterline.
Also the dark brown colour is quite nice for those who don't like black eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

I hate to be the first one to say I wouldn't buy this again. For the price, I expected more than an average eyeliner. (It's not that expensive at $12 CAD but a bit pricey for drugstore prices). I got this in black. It smudges and fades a bit by the end of the day, so it's not horrible-just not great. I heard eyeliners made in Germany were high quality, but I like CG Smoothwear better than this. This is self sharpening and it comes with a smudger at the end. Smudgers don't do anything for me, plus I lost the cap of the smudger because it came off so easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love these! I have the black and taupe shades (sorry, I forget the precise shade names) and both are fantastic. I have hooded eyes and oily oily oily skin on my eyelids, so most pencil liners tend to transfer to the crease... I don't have that issue at all with these. They're very versatile in that they won't smudge if you don't want them to, and yet somehow they're blendable enough that if you do want to smoke them out, it's easy to achieve (especially with the pointy sponge tip included on one end of the pencil). I also find these fantastic on the waterline. The colours stay really intense and pigmented, instead of sheering out the way some pencils do when applied in that area of the eye. Some people might find these pricey, depending on your makeup budget, but given the quality (and the fact that you won't have to reapply 10 times a day), I think these are a steal. My one qualm is that the sponge-tip end is quite firm, as someone mentioned previously, so you have to be careful not to tug the eye area with it (or, if you're a klutz like me, not to slip and scratch your eyeball, eek!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by bickpen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are my favourite eye pencils! I have Leafy Green, Stormy Grey, and Sultry Brown which is a taupe colour I use the most. With these eye pencils, you turn the end to advance more product so no sharpener is required. The other end of the pencil has a sponge tip for smudging with a clear plastic cap (that tends to fall off unfortunately). I have oily skin and have a problem keeping eye make-up in place. These pencils really do last and yet they remove easily at the end of the day. A good value compared to prestige brands.