November 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Bon Bon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

Bon Bon is a shimmery gray brown shadow with some red undertones that become pretty visible when this shadow is brushed on rather than patted on. This shadow looks completely differed patted on vs brushes on. In my opinion it looks quit ugly when brushed on because the teal shimmer is lost and the red undertone becomes very obvious giving the eye a bruised look. When patted on this shadow gives off a brown gray color with a noticeable teal shimmer like it is seen in the pot (yet the shimmer is not as noticeable on the lid when patted on as it is in the pot). When foiled, this shadow turns a deep metallic peacock turquoise which looks gorgeous as an eyeliner. I like this color a lot and it reminds me a lot of a very similar eye shadow I own from BE called Creme De Menth.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer mentioned, this is pretty close in color to MAC's Club: kind of a reddish, greenish, bronze-brown -- if that makes any sense. The color is nice, the application, not so much. If you like mineral makeup, and and can put up with the messy application, Bon Bon goes on sheer but builds a to a deep greenish brown, especially when wet. I only use shadow as liner, pressing the powder as close as I can to my lash line with an angled brush, and this is certainly a viable option, but most deep shadows will do the job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmph. I really adored this liner shadow in the store, but when I got it home and put it on, not so much. I was hoping it'd redeem itself where Black Emerald fell short, but nope. It has a nice brown base, but the green is lost once on. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like other reviewers, I find this to be a darker brown shade with some reddish tones to it, and also a blue/green duochrome to it when it's dry. If you apply it wet (and it's hard not to want to, because the liner shadows don't really last if you apply them dry) much of the shimmer and the duochrome is lost and it becomes a dark brown shade with a hint of reddish tones to it but not as reddish as it appears dry with the duochrome. Darker than UD Lounge and about the same depth of pigment and MAC's Club as others have mentioned. I have other mineral shadows that don't loose their sparkle when applied wet. Maybe I'll try this with just UDPP to see if it makes a difference, I don't want to invest in Benefit's She-Laq just for this and I already used MAD Minerals' Eyeliner Sealant, which works really well for almost all my mineral liners. A little disappointing because the color is so gorgeous dry. I may end up using this just as a shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Bon Bon is a multitonal shade. It reminds me of Too Faced's label whore, so that's why I don't own this one, maybe someday. It's a pretty darker brown shade that reflects blues and greens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I had this for a while and just recently tried it dry, and I found the color to be quite beautiful! It reminds me of MAC Club eyeshadow (previous reviewer also noticed the similarity) when used dry. I haven't tried it wet, yet, so I can't verify if the sparkles disappear and the color falls flat. When I dry-lined with this, I could see a hint of blue sparkle, and I thought it looked very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Marisela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think I realized this was specifically a liner until I read the reviews on this board. I've been using it to create a smoky look or on the outer corners of my lids and as a liner. I actually like using this wet as a liner, but I'm pretty used to using wet e/s for liner so I didn't find the application any more difficult than normal. The green shimmer is hardly noticeable when wet, but I like the intense color anyway. I love this when I wear it dry as a shadow. It is gorgeous! It looks very similar to MAC club on me, but it blends easier than the MAC e/s and it will last forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst "eyeliner" I've ever used. Firstly, let me mention that I previously purchased Bare Escentuals mineral makeup and absolutley hated it. I wish I'd learned my lesson form that, but I was intrigued by this non-traditional eyeliner. I wanted to try something beyond the traditional pencil or liquid liner. However, this stuff is terrible. It comes packaged in a small pot, and you'll need to purchase a special pointed brush for application. There is no staying power in this powdery mess. It's difficult to apply, and the product barely adheres to the brush. You'd need to be highly skilled in makeup application to get this stuff to look good. The color is quite nice, but the texture is dreadful - shimmery and tacky (in other words, not a natural look). These aren't cheap, either. I won't repurchase anything from Bare Escentuals again - ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This looks like the most stunning liner in the pot but on the eye its just an average dark brown liner shadow. In the pot, its the most exquisite chocolate brown with green flashing inside. QVC.com describes this as "chocolate mint". Very complex. However when you apply this wet, the green is barely noticeable. you can see the green more dry than wet but I have to wear it wet to get it to last all day, otherwise it fades. Makes a better shadow than liner. If you want green, I recommend Black Emerald. Otherwise, this is dark brown with the faintest hint of green as a liner. Comes in a small pot with loose pigment and sifter and retails for $12. Average product that i would not repurchase.