Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky 2 in 1

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1%, Anti-Dandruff) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Zinc Carbonate, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate

on 6/25/2015 4:31:00 AM

I honestly love this product.

I have very sensitive hair. Its terrible actually its medium thickness (some people say its fine, some say its thick, depending on what it looks like that day) and its wavy, just past shoulders length.

It has been so so dry lately (months) and brittle and just disgusting, it really was depressing me. Heavy products for dry hair only weigh it down without curing it and everything else just exaggerates the problem. The ends split and poof out and break off and it feels like straw.
I don't use any heat style tools on my hair and just allow it to air dry. I dyed it a few months back which is why i think its turned so sh**y.

I've tried SO MANY expensive products, none of them have worked so i switched to completely natural stuff. Unfortunately none of those products worked either. I finally read about cowashing and thought- hey that may work for me!

So i bought this product- not for dandruff purposes as i don't have that at the moment- I was pretty sceptical, since i felt like it was so artificial and maybe to harsh but i love it!

I mean im so so happy. My hair is smooth and soft and silky and feels completely rehydrated, in a way it hasn't felt in months. By the third day after washing, my hair feels oily which if you have suffered from hair as dry as mine- is absolute bliss!! Of course i wash it on that day, but im just so happy that my hair is behaving naturally again and producing its natural oils that make their way to the ends of my hair as they should! I only shampoo with it once, not twice and thoroughly scrub at my skelp. After i've rinsed it out and pressed it dry with my towel i run some argon oil through my hair.

I plan on using one of my natural shampoos to clarify my hair once a week and also doing an apply cider vinegar rinse once a week too.

Of course its still early days, so my hair may stop responding to this product but for now im very happy :-)

Remember all hair types are different and respond differently to product.

on 2/14/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My hair is thick, coarse, and dry.

PROS:
- it's a strong shampoo that will help get rid of dandruff

CONS:
- makes my hair drier than it already is
- not for course hair - it makes my hair extra frizzy and poofy

on 8/19/2013 4:13:00 PM

i hate this product... i ran out of my shampoo so i decided to use my husbands. my scalp is burning and while i was using it it dripped on my face too so my face is also burning like anything plus it left my hair so oily.. im NEVER using this again

on 11/29/2012 12:05:00 AM

I am pleased with this product. It is not the strongest anti-dandruff product out there, but it is adequate. After my hair is washed and still damp I use a leave-in conditioner, otherwise my hair would be too dried out.

on 10/16/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample from my mom of the smooth and silky conditioner and shampoo, because she has really irritated scalp and I thought it would help. It worked pretty well, but when my mom went to get some in the store they did not have the separate shampoo and conditioner so she got this 2 in one. I normally am against 2 in 1's because they are too drying for me. For her it didn't work at all, it dried her hair out pretty bad. For me it was semi ok, but it did make my hair frizz out uncontrollably. The only other thing I really disliked about the smooth and silky line is it really stripped the color out of my hair.

on 9/23/2012 2:35:00 PM

I use this 2-in-1 as my shampoo and then follow with a conditioner to make sure not to overdry my already-dry hair, and it really really helps by working as a "moisturizing" shampoo! I just quit using an assortment of Dove shampoo (which although it cleaned my hair well, DRIED my hair out to nothing but straw after a few months use) and Suave products, with literally a constant fall-out of tumbleweed on my poor head! My hair was awful and in desperation I bought so many other shampoos and conditioners but nothing helped until I found this! Since buying this 1.5-2 weeks ago, my hair has regained its former silkiness, softness, and most importantly hydrated look/touch. I really cannot believe the difference and it still works well in cleaning out the product buildup in my hair while not overdrying any of it! I use this with Suave Volumizing conditioner for now b/c that is what I have currently and already bought the conditioner version of this 2-in-1 b/c the SMELL IS AMAZING!!!! I can't even explain it but it is awesome and totally wakes me up in the early morning, so definitely look into trying this bc you might be actually wreaking your own havoc on your hair without realizing it.

on 4/17/2012 12:45:00 PM

Love the scent and the way it makes my hair feel. My husband and I both use it. It's the only shampoo he will use, I rotate. Neither of us have dandruff but I do tend to get a dry scalp. When that happens I switch to Head & Shoulders 2-1 for a few days and it normalizes.

on 4/2/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Used once instead of my Herbal essences shampoo (at swimming baths from a friend) - great hydrating treatment for my hair and scalp - I dont have dandruff but would not mind switching to this shampoo for hydrating my naturally dry long hair- I will update upon longer use.

on 4/1/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

A little background info: I used to have extremely oily skin (and my hair would become greasy in less than a day). I'd wash my hair everyday (I know that's bad for it, but I had to!). But I've recently started Accutane, and my whole world has flipped around. I went 2 days without shampooing and my scalp was still dry to the touch.
Needless to say, I'm loving this!!

But what I'm NOT loving is the itchyness I experienced first beginning my Accutane treatment. So I switched to this, and it's been a godsend!

If you have a dry, itchy scalp, this will work wonders. FYI, I still use conditioner (since I'm extremely dry). But this works well to clean my hair without stripping it.

on 3/25/2012 11:13:00 PM

I use this for dandruff, especially in the winter months. It usually clears it up for a few days to up to 2 weeks. It leaves my hair feeling very clean and the conditioner doesn't weigh hair down at all. It feels bouncy.

Popular Shampoos