August 1, 2014 | 1790 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - Corrective Make Up Base SPF 18 in 2 Mauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this now discontinued product back in the 1990s. The short cylindrical bottle had a paddle attached to the lid for getting product out. I didn't like it.
But i did love the product. It had lanolin in it which was very kind to my skin. I sometimes applied this to my face without any foundation on top. My skin is fair and neutral tending to golden with rather pink cheeks (now 15 years later, my cheeks are quite red). This product felt great and evened my skin tone nicely, enhancing my paleness.
While i use the replacement product, HD Microperfecting Primer, it just doesn't feel as nice to me as this old one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by le_miau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the hunt for the perfect primer and for me, this is NOT it. Thankfully, I had a sample of this, I would never buy a full bottle.

It did make my blush last longer than other primers I've tried but that is the only good thing I can say about it. The negative sides to this are many:

- I have pink/blue undertones, so this shade made me look completely dull. I didn't know it was supposed for yellow undertones and even if I did, I only had a sample of mauve.

- The smell was not to my liking. But as no one mentioned this yet, I think my sample could have been too old.

- The consistency was too thick, so spreading the primer out was difficult.

- I looked very oily after a few hours of wear, even with setting powder on top, and I have rather dry skin.

I won't even try other shades of this as it's just not what I look for in a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The main purpose of this base is to correct yellowish sallowness in the skin, and while upon first application, it does illuminate the skin, the effect wears off VERY soon, leaving just a normal base.
Also, it seems to have no oil-control: in fact, just the opposite! One day, I forgot to put on loose powder to set, and when I walked past a mirror, I was shocked at how oily and shiny I seemed, and it was within half an hour of walking out!
However, this base is very easy to spread, and the pump is good. The shape is also great for traveling.
Will not purchase, and am still in pursuit of the perfect color corrector...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by tdang

I purchased this primer because I wanted to balance out my greenish/yellow (mainly yellow) undertone and to my surprise it did just that. Well, sort of. It kind me made me look more pale with a grayish tint (which looks very unnatural under certain lighting). Blended very easily, not greasy or oily when applied (I have dry skin). I've used for about 2 weeks and then stopped because it felt kind of heavy. I'm going to try using the remaining product as an eyeshadow primer because I lost the receipt and threw away the original packaging. Will not purchase again.

--UPDATED
I actually use this now to reduce any powder from oxidizing and turning me darker. I also realized I was probably using way to much product which explains the grayish overcast.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2008 5:49:00 AM More reviews by ayesha3176

Although this primer does a good job of illuminating the complexion, I noticed that after a couple of hours the affect wore off, and it doesn't really do a good job of making foundation last either. I think its def. better for night time use, as being Indian I felt like it may be giving me a greyish cast in daylight. Maybe I got the wrong colour for my skin tone (they do a range of different colours) - overall a o.k product, but i would say to pay a bit more and get the chanel primers instead, which really make foundation colour stay true and put all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There weren't many reviews on this when I decided to buy so I have to post a review for this. :) I'm a c3 (warm/yellow-toned) in mac SF and never realized how yellowish I am until recently for some reason. I guess becoming more aware of makeup and my face has done that. This has spf 18 which is nice but I typically use a higher one as a base anyway. I did one half of my face with this and one half without when I first bought because if I didn't see a difference I was going to return it. I really did and do see a difference with using this product. It really tones down my yellow tones amazingly, more than I thought it would. I will repurchase and I don't think it will take too long to run out considering I use it everyday and the tube is not so big for 24.00. Worth it IMO tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is my HG primer. It makes my Mineral Makeup last longer and it doesnt make my skin feel greasy like the Smashbox primer did. It defintely brightens up my complexion. Hasnt caused any breakouts and the packaging is very sanitary. I have no complaints! I really like it. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only corrective makeup base I've ever used is Shu Uemura which doesn't work for me. I become skeptical on product like these for a while until I came across this. I got this in mauve, which is purple and is supposed to lights up muddy and sallow complexions. It doesn't "correct" the colour of my skin as much as Shu Uemura does but its not as heavy as heavy and it makes my skin looks less yellowish. Its kinda greasy my skin looks shiny after I put this on. The funny thing is its fine after I put my foundation and loose powder on so I guess that means its ok for me.... Makes my foundation or whatever stuffs I put on top lasts longer. So far so good but still I prefer Smashbox Photofinish Primer which is silicon base, not greasy and sooooooooo smooth when I put my foundation on. Good stuff came with a price Smashbox is more expensive... Anyway this is a good+cheaper alternative to Smashbox I will re-purchase.