October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Deep Cleaning Astringent-Sensitive Skin (blue)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

This product is dirt cheap, and if used the way it's intended to be, will last forever.

DO NOT. Use this every day. This product should be used in place of an alcohol free toner on days when your skin is abnormally oily, clogged, or broken out. Using it all over your face or constantly will result in horribly dry skin.

I've had the same bottle for MONTHS. I love this for when my chin and cheek get pimples. I swipe it on JUST those spots and use my other toner everywhere else. The salicylic acid is gentle enough that it doesn't dry like spot treatments do, and the astringent properties shrink the pores in those areas and prevent extra oil and sebum from surfacing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This did nothing for my oily skin or blemishes.
I used to like the purple blackhead astringent but they discontinued it and since then all of these are duds to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primarly because of my mom's incredible persuasive powers, and because it said it was for "acne" and "sensitive skin". Ha, what a joke. The smell is a bit fruity, mixed with alcohol. I litterly used it for 4 days and had to give up on it. Why, you ask? Well, it dried out my skin ( my skin type is combination and it even dried it out in my t-zone), it leaved a horrible sticky film, after three days my skin felt like it was losing elasticity, and most importantly IT BROKE ME OUT even in places where I don't ussually have any type of acne. When I checked the ingredients list to see what was the culprit, the second ingredient was ALGAE EXTRACT, a 5 out of 5 pore clogging, acne causing ingredient. I felt so angry that I waisted 5 bucks on this pore clogger. But I gave it 2 lippies because I recently discovered that this is an amazing makeup remover, if not, it would've had 0. Definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND to any skin type or concern.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Lelik99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best toner i ve ever tried for my acne-prone skin! It deep cleanses my skin and removes the left over makeup. Ever since I started to use it, my skin is so clear and smooth. Plus salycilic acid in this toner aids in fading red acne scars and discolorations.Definite HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried the sensitive formula after the original because that one caused my skin to peel. I've used up only 2 bottles of this stuff because it lasts really long. I don't use this all over my face just were I usually get acne such as my forehead and nose. This isn't a very heavy duty product meaning if you have a huge zit it won't disappear overnight. It's a good product for its price that lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using a toner this past summer, when I was off my BC and my face began getting more breakouts than I was used to. And now I can say after BC and Epiduo, my face has been better, but a little more drier, at least not more in winter like it used to. Anyway to the point, I find this toner very very helpful in clearing my skin up, it actually works with my cleanser (HG St Ives Green Tea cleanser) and an occasional night of Epiduo for added backup. This does not dry my skin out any further after cleansing it, esp. after a shower or a facial it makes my pores looks better and the pores on my nose look way better and smaller, which is a plus. Will continue to repurchase and use this as it's a staple in my skin care routine now and forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great toner for my skin for the summer time. I like an astringent that deep cleanses and removes leftover residue. Yes, considering it says it's made for sensitive skin, it's rather harsh with alcohol listed as the first ingredient. The salicylic acid did help clear my skin and I quite enjoyed this till Autumn rolled around. My skin is combination, leaning towards more oily in the summer time and then combination and a little drier in the cooler months. My skin gets too flakey with this and I will be looking for a toner with less alcohol for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Breana529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot tell you how much I love this stuff. It has been a total life saver for me lately. I have very oily skin around my T-Zone and fairly large pores. Even after I take my make-up off with wipes and then wash my face, I use this astringent and you can physically see the leftover make-up and dirt it takes off your face. I would say this is a great product for oily skin. If you have dry skin I would not use this on a regular basis, or if you do, moisturize after every application. My skin has almost totally cleared up because of this product. I love it. Definitely recommend. Especially for the price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jessmlo

Great product. Got it for $4. It takes of all of my left over make up and dirt. It also dries out my pimples. I like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't think something advertise as sensitive skin should have alcohol as the first ingredient. It makes my skin turn red and feel unpleasant. Once I got over that initial feeling, my skin feels fresh and my pores feel cleaner and tighter, but the irritation is not worth it. I could find a much better, alcohol free toner for around the same price.