Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent-Sensitive Skin (blue)

3.6

Active: Salicylic Acid (0.5 %), Other: Alcohol (24.5%), Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Benzophenone-4, Denatonium Benozoate, Dimethicone Propyl Pg-Betaine, Fragrance, Glycerin, Isoceteth-20, Peg-32, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Water, Blue 1

on 7/29/2015 4:29:00 PM

I have used this a couple of bottles after using the regular ones. This is just a mediocre OK toner but did nothing. This toner is boring and I prefer seabreeze or noxzema toner.
I only purchased this to replace the clinique toner which was way too harsh for me. However this comes in a tiny bottle and does not seem that economical either. It did catch some residual makeup though so it does its job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product sparked an acne problem which I continue to have to this day.

Years ago, I began to break out around my cheeks and jawline. I tried every lotion and potion in an attempt to get rid of this problem. At the time, I used this product and found it made my skin feel really clean. However, I needed a permanent solution to my acne and my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic as well as a topical cream. My acne cleared up within a few months.

Fast-forward to 5 years later. I was going through some stress (final exam time). I had at most 4-5 pimples on my face and decided to give this stuff another shot. Within 3 days of using it, I started breaking out like crazy. Acne that I did not have before was showing up. I won't blame this product entirely because I also decided to try St. Ives Apricot Scrub at the time. I'm not sure which product it was, but something really upset my skin.

I decided to completely ditch both this astringent and the scrub. 4 months later, and I'm still struggling to clear my skin. My skin has improved as my doctor again prescribed me antibiotics and topical creams.

My advice: If you have super sensitive skin and your skin does not react well to new products, please avoid this stuff.

on 6/5/2015 4:01:00 PM

My skin looks and feels great after using this product. Any blemishes or pimples I have are minimised after using it

on 5/31/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is essentially Sea Breeze, but with less sting. Works well and doesn't irritate my oily skin. And it's reasonably priced.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this everyday and it really keeps my skin clear. I decided to stock up after realizing how nice it is. I apply it lightly at night only and that seems to work for me!

on 4/16/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to Toner. I tried it way back in middle school & have tried others only to return to Clean&Clear. I love the fresh, almost powdery scent, the slight tingle, & the clean feeling it gives my face. It's especially helpful in spring through late fall b/c my skin's more oily then. It keeps my skin more clear & matte than just washing. I always follow it w/moisturizer, so the slight dryness isn't a problem. It really helps to clear pimples in their early stages. If I feel one coming on, I'll dab this on in morning & night instead of just @ night. The extra application helps. I still use it in winter but focus it on my T-zone b/c that area remains fairly oily but my cheeks go a bit dry so it's not worth wasting it all over. It only costs $4-6 & I can find it everywhere! The bottles last several months, too. I also like the handy flip-cap. It snaps shut securely but opens easily. Plus, I love the turquoise shade of the product.

on 3/12/2015 11:16:00 PM

Even though this product claims to be for sensitive skin I would beg to differ very much for it irritated my skin made it dry and flaky on top of having acne I would not buy this again and would not recommend it to anyone

This product is dirt cheap, and if used the way it's intended to be, will last forever.

DO NOT. Use this every day. This product should be used in place of an alcohol free toner on days when your skin is abnormally oily, clogged, or broken out. Using it all over your face or constantly will result in horribly dry skin.

I've had the same bottle for MONTHS. I love this for when my chin and cheek get pimples. I swipe it on JUST those spots and use my other toner everywhere else. The salicylic acid is gentle enough that it doesn't dry like spot treatments do, and the astringent properties shrink the pores in those areas and prevent extra oil and sebum from surfacing.

on 8/4/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This did nothing for my oily skin or blemishes.
I used to like the purple blackhead astringent but they discontinued it and since then all of these are duds to me.

on 4/16/2014 9:59:00 AM

The best toner i ve ever tried for my acne-prone skin! It deep cleanses my skin and removes the left over makeup. Ever since I started to use it, my skin is so clear and smooth. Plus salycilic acid in this toner aids in fading red acne scars and discolorations.Definite HG!