October 31, 2014 | 816 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - High Impact Shadow Duo-Double Date

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by fridaycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful duo for a natural, yet polished, look. It is kind of ho-hum in the pan which makes it easy to forget in my stash but each time I use it I always think "Why don't I wear this more often?" I also find it works as a perfect base for introducing other colors into my EOTD. For reference I have NW20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

I have repurchased twice. This is a perfect neutral that can be worn soft or dark. I can really vamp it up with some effort into a fantastic smoky eye that is not harsh at all. The beige is neutral, and the bronzy-brown shade does not have an orange or red undertone at all. The shimmer is VERY soft, not glittery. I always take this when I am on a trip and don't want to take along a lot of makeup bc I know it will compliment whatever I have packed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely duo, good for daytime and can be vamped up for night.I first got this as a free sample at bonus time and have repurchased several times.This has been around for ages and I can see why.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! My favorite eyeshadow ever. The perfect combo of a beigy-pink highlighter and a bronzy-nutmeg lid color. Both have extremely tiny amounts of frost in them - almost undetectable - just enough to make this duo not be a matte. Perfect for me @ the office or if I add a little more - it can certainly been worn at night also.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this shadow for years after receiving it as a GWP. It isn't heavily pigminted, but it gives me a polished "no make-up" look. I used the lighter color on my lids and the darker color in the crease. I would highlight my browbone with Clinique's Sugar Sugar (which was part of the original GWP) in the winter when I was super pale, and use a touch of my winter mineral foundation as a highlighter in the summer.

I switched to the Loreal Canyon Stone quad several years ago in an effort to economize. I think the Canyon Stone is a better match for my coloring, which is why I've stuck with it for several years.

Packaging: It's been a few years since I bought this, but at the time, Clinique shadows came in the "match box" style containers.  I de-pot my makeup, and the Clinique shadows always came out easily without harm to either the pans or the packaging.  Since the matchboxes are nice and sturdy, they have had long second lives as bobby pin boxes and travel sewing kits.  I lined one with a magnet and used it as a tiny travel palette for a bit.  What these packages lack in recyclability, they make up for in reuseablilty. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Probably the best neutral duo I've ever used! The colors have plenty of pigment, they go on smooth, and they look completely natural with the smallest amount of shimmer. Also, a good drugstore dupe for the first product is Maybelline's Earthly Taupe. I'll definitely buy this again...once I can fork up the cash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this clinique eyeshadow duo. Its like a creamy vanilla and choclate brown. The colors go really nice together and are great for an everyday neutral look. I will definately buy this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

me: NW10, golden brown eyes, dark brown hair

The light side is a cool greyed brown that qualifies as taupe, and the darker side is a cool brown.

Alone the light side is a perfect light opaque wash of taupe that does not turn or flash pink, orange, green, or silver. All other taupes (and I mean all!) eventually (or immediately) do this to me. It's great with just chocolate liner.

The dark side added to the light side creates an exceptionally sophisticated daytime smokey eye.

The colours are matte, but not dull.

It took me so long and I am so, so happy, I want to sing!

I finally have my lawyer face on today! Got Chanel Impertinente for my lips, and I feel like a million understated bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by GodivaMerlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My always go-to, never-fail, eye shadow. I rarely buy products twice, and there are only a few makeup items I've bought for years--this is one of those. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow duo. Every time I use it I feel like my makeup came out good. And, the colors go on sheer enough where I feel like I don't look totally "made-up", but enough coverage where the colors are there. I have fair skin on the pink-tinged side of the spectrum and either these shadows are cool toned or are the perfect neutral, but they do seem to work very well with my complexion. There is just a tiny touch of shimmer in both of the shades and I think it's the perfect amount so it's natural looking -- not just a flat, matte color, but not a dramatic sparkly thing either. I'd buy this again no doubt.