August 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Lemslip Buttercream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by nickeebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Have you ever had the "privilege" of stepping into a clean porta potty, well, this soap smells just like that. Awful, just awful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemslip Buttercream is a gentle, lemon scented soap. While it is much more lathery than Ring Of Roses Buttercream, I wasn't too impressed with the scent. It smelt like lemons but wasn't overpoweringly strong or sour. It smelt kind of like sherbert lemons. I was not a fan of the scent but I'm not a huge fan of lemon scents in general. I like the smoothness of the soap, but I wish it had been a bit more creamy and made more foam. I would not repurchase this but would reccommend it to people who like lemon scents, but not overpowering scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

This soap smells fantastic like lemon candies, YUM!. its very gentle too, ive found it good enough to use on my face as well and it doesnt break me out and isnt drying at all. Its also pretty moisterising, probably the second or third best moisterising body wash ive ever used (the best being dove beauty bar and perhaps pamolive body butter body wash).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a less intense version of sexy peel (another soap by lush). It is also more moisturizing than sexy peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Dipstix311

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely and sweet smelling for my dry skin. It moisturizes my skin effectively and smells like fresh lemonade in the shower. Fresh cut chunks will not last as long, keep them in the freezer to prevent wasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1 for packaging- pick up your act with that Lush! lol other than that I love a lot of Lush products- this is one of my fave's.
People have been commenting there is no lather- I thought at first it meant this wasn't working also... but then after a few days of using (because the smell is delicious and not at all overwhelming, like I can find some of the sweeter scents) I realized I hadn't been using any moisturizer on my legs and they were so soft and smooth! (they had been a little dry from using self tanner, and I kept reminding myself to moisturize but kept forgetting in my rush)
So this doesn't feel like it's working at first- if anything, your skin almost feels squeaky when you rinse it off- but wow, afterwords it's soft and sented, and it also clears up any spots I have on my chest/shoulders from the heat and sweat etc.
So much fun to use on a hot day straight from the freezer!
So I don't think it is meant to foam- it would have a foaming agent, and therefore be stripping to the skin. This product is a quiet achiever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by thatgirloli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high hopes for this product. Guess that's what happens when you get too high of a hope for something...you get let down. Anyway. This product does smell nice. A very refreshing lemon smell. That's why I gave it two lippies. ha! The SA said this was a very moisturizing soap, but truthfully it really isn't. It lathers, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped for it to, considering it has a high amount of moisturizers in it. I think it's pricey too. For a fairly small triangle-like piece that I got, I paid $5 and some change. That's way too high of a price to pay, only to be disappointed. I figure, it might be good for shaving my legs, so I'll just use it for that, and never repurchase it. Darn, and I wanted to really like it. Ah well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by TheAscension

Lemslip is one of my favorite soaps from LUSH. I love the scent. It's a true-blue lemon and citrus scent; it's close to pine-sol in terms of intensity. It's absolutely perfect for waking up in the morning. The first time I used it, I used a washcloth, and it barely lathered at all. I expected this, but was still kind of disappointed. Then I tried it with a shower pouf. I had the softest, creamiest lather this side of scrubbing myself with whipped cream and meringue. It -is- expensive $15 for about 7 ounces, but it's so luscious I will most definitely treat myself to it every so often.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I got a free sample of this soap when I purchased a few other things from LUSH. The sales associate warned me that the buttercreams don’t lather like regular soaps, so I wasn‘t expecting a typical soap experience. According to the LUSH website, the buttercreams are about 20% soap, and the other 80% is made up of butters and other “pampering” ingredients. That sounds nice in theory, but can butters and oils really get me clean? Don’t get me wrong, I love moisturizing soaps. However, I also love being clean, and isn’t that the whole purpose of using soap to begin with…to get clean?
The texture of this soap is really soft and creamy, even without water. It’s difficult to describe, but I like it. The smell is delicious. I'm not usually the type that likes lemon scented bath products because they tend to remind me of lemon Pledge. This soap smells more like something you would eat, like a sweet lemon custard.
Just as the sales associate warned, it hardly lathered, which made it difficult to use. It sort of disappears on your skin so I really couldn’t tell if I was using enough. It sort of felt more like a film on my skin while I was using it. I honestly didn't feel very clean after using it.
It also gave me that “tight” drying feeling that soap tends to give, which I wasn't expecting from something that is 80% butters. However, once I got out of the shower I noticed that this soap had made my skin feel pretty soft.
The main thing that kind of bothered me about this soap was that once I started using it in the shower the delicious scent almost completely vanished. Even when I was lathering up with it I could barely detect the scent. I can’t smell it on my skin at all right now. One of the main things that attracts me to certain soaps is the scent, and if I’m paying a lot for a product that has a good scent, then I expect it to at least last while I am using it in the shower.
All in all an ok product, but I am definitely glad that I got it as a free sample because one Lemslip Buttercream bar sells for $15 USD on the LUSH website. I would not pay that much for this product. It is just not worth that much money. The one thing that I really liked about this product was that it made my skin soft, but I can just use lotion for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

My version of this came in a tub; it was like soap poured into a small, oval tub. I had to dig it out with my fingernail and I could never quite get enough out to actually make a lather. Also, it was almost a sickly sweet lemon... like a lemon meringue pie.

I am normally a huge fan of lush but this one was a loser for me.