August 2, 2014 | 1635 users online

Shampoo - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Rosemary Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! Relieved all the itching and flaking caused by dandruff. There's a subtle herbal scent that did not cause any irritation and fades away quickly, too. IME, it was non drying, I sometimes don't even use any conditioner, and my hair is still soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Midtownmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I found the scent a bit over powering but I love how this lathers compared to other SLS, paraben, etc free shampoos. I mainly use it on my scalp and find it invigorating. Though one con is I find I must use lots of the product to get the wash I desire. The mint conditioner compliments this well. I can easily go two days no washing and don't find it drying as some have mentioned. My hair is fine, thin but lots of hair and I like the shine it leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by cgreen11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only used this shampoo one time and saw a big difference in my hair! It had body, shine and looked so much fuller. I will definitely continue to use this Rosemary Shampoo, and I especially like that it is sulfate free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I previously reviewed this shampoo favourably but just recently I've been using it a bit differently and I'm even happier with the results. Being volumizing it is quite drying on my slightly dry ends, so I've been applying it only to my oily roots and massaging it into my scalp with my finger tips. I then use another shampoo for dry hair on my mid-lengths to ends and find that my hair is full of volume, shine and bounce right up until evening, which is a first for me. For reference, recently I've been mostly following up with a very light conditioner on the ends only or even just my home-made rosemary hair rinse and I love to use a keratin spray too as my only other treatment/ styling aid before lightly blow-drying. I also find that using these products in rotation with other shampoos & conditioners helps (I use leave-in oils, Elasticizer and Aphogee intensive treatments, all once a week and clarifying shampoo when I'm looking really oily/built-up). I am still on the hunt for a natural shampoo that will keep my oily hair looking great for two days at a time, but until I do the Avalon Rosemary is doing better than any other shampoo for oily hair (natural or otherwise) that I've used. Update: just tried out Dead Sea Magik mineral shampoo and my oily roots have been transformed. The only shampoo, SLS-free or otherwise, to zap the oil (with salicylic acid) and give my hair a new lease of life. I still love Avalon as it is a totally different type of shampoo and it smells so lovely, so will rotate, but I recommend Dead Sea Magik for all those with problematic scalps. And it does not affect my colour. Truly HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jwyl

This shampoo is very drying yet seems to leave a lot of residue in the hair. The feeling of the residue becomes unbearable if I use it just two days in a row. It makes me feel dirty like there's a lot of grease in my hair just hours into my work day, yet the back gets all tangled. The feeling of cleanliness probably lasts around 20% as long as what I get from my usual shampoo.

The matching conditioner didn't alleviate the drying effect at all. The amounts you need of each product are woefully mismatched. I probably used 3x as much of the conditioner compared to the shampoo, because the conditioner didn't spread smoothly over the hair at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo left a lot of product in my hair. I suppose, technically that's volume, but product seemed to sit on top of my hair, making my hair look greasy and flat, but not actually moisturizing. I tried alternating with other shampoos (I was my hair every other day anyway), using it with Avalon conditioner. No luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by totoro21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm an asian and I have long flat hair that are wavy at the ends.
I initially wanted a volumizing shampoo since my hair is literally laying flat on my scalp and I didn't like the look, so I decided to try out Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumising Shampoo. It isn't cheap in my country - it cost around USD $10 for that small bottle which would only last me for 1 month at the very most.

This shampoo smells like herbs and i'm definitely not a fan of the scent. However, I do notice a subtle difference in the volume of my hair. My hair now seems more pouffy than before (a good thing) and my scalp doesn't itch anymore (even when i'm under the Sun).

I have to deduct 1 lippie though, since it doesn't lather well. I literally had to use half-a-palm-full of shampoo for my chest length hair. Also, it really dries out my hair so much that my wet hair always get really bad tangles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

I went through a bit of an adjustment period with this shampoo, as it initially made my hair feel a bit gummy. I have used this for over six months now, and have really grown to like the results. It strikes the right balance for me, it doesn't strip my hair to the point of leaving it dry and fly-away, but also doesn't leave any annoying residue behind. I don't need any conditioner afterwards, and it cleans my extremely oily hair very well. My favorite thing about it however, is the lovely green bottle, and the honest-to-goodness,"I just walked through an English herb garden" rosemary scent. It is absolutely swoon-worthy if you love this scent like I do. I will definitely be buying a bottle again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I realy don't like this shampoo. I am on the search for an organic shampoo that cleanses good enough, doesn't strip my hair and is gentle on my scalp. After using this I wonder why I want to find an organic shampoo, because (for example) this one is packed with irritating plants and oils that realy harms the skin. Also the smell is awfull.
Okay there are no silicones and SLS or SLES, but that doesn't mean that it is good for you.
My scalp started to itch after a few hours and didn't stop untill I stopped using this sampoo.
For the volume part, there wasn't any. My hair became dry and my scalp oily very quickly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by livejam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this shampoo even though the smell reminds me of a herbal market (trust me it ain't a good thing). But still---I am currently in Pakistan and I was very skeptical about finding any sulphate free shampoo here which is why I was trying the Baking-Soda+Vinegar combo but my hair was left pretty damaged (due to hard water possibly?)...Anyhoo I went out hunting and found this gem in the bottom of a pile of imported shampoos and was amazed when it clearly said NO SLS in this concoction!

I tried it and it works amazing! Last night I tried plopping my hair for the first time after I'd used this shampoo and I got soooo many compliments. I'm gonna hunt down all the bottles I can find for this one!