Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 5/11/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my Holy Grail base coat!! let me give you a little background:
i've been into polish and painting my nails on a daily basis for about 3 years now. when things started out, my nails were very nice and would grow to a decent length before i finally had to chop or file them down because of damage done by work (i work in a factory- very hard on the nails)
after a year or so i started having issues with peeling and splits.. i used OPI nail envy for quite some time.. it worked well for awhile.
the issues got worse.. it got to the point where i was unable to grow my nails past stubs for about 6 months. they'd split, peel or break instantly. i tried everything!! all kinds of oils, treatments, base coats, wearing gloves at work.. nothing helped until i found this product.
that was about a month ago. my nails are so long right now, i can barely type this testimony! lol! they grow and grow and don't break or split or peel for anything!! it is like a miracle happened.
this stuff is VERY expensive!! but i will find a way to afford it- i have never had nails this healthy in my entire life. all i do is use it as a base coat before i polish. it works decently as a base- dries quickly, holds the polish on fairly well..
if you have problems with splitting or peeling nails due to stress and too much chemical exposure, i would highly recommend this product. i hope it works as well for you as it does for me. i am absolutely in love with this treatment

on 4/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are prone to peeling and breaking; they're just weak and soft. The only way to avoid this is to never paint them again. That just feels sad. I take Biotin daily and have for the past several years. Who knows if it helps at all. I have had this Nailtiques product a while, and always forget to try it because the situation seems like a lost cause.

Recently though, most of my nails were peeling and the outermost sections would just break right off. I was so frustrated I reached for this again. In about 2 weeks, the peeling is under control. Existing peels did not "seal up" of course, but there is no further damage. As my nails grow, I am able to cut away the weak ends and grow stronger nails.

I use this once a day, and try to only remove it when it starts looking brown. That is the only complaint I have. After about 3 layers, the nails have a gross nicotine brown tinge and I have to remove it all. Not much of a problem, really.

I did not try the 2 Formula, because well I don't listen to rules I guess *shame*. I have never had adverse affects from 2Plus, but be advised it is recommended to try 2 first.

on 4/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Never tried Formula 2 and went straight to using 2 Plus since I wanted a stronger formula. My nails naturally grow well, flex, and peel easily. This formula works extremely well for my type of nails. They rarely peel, and they're very hard/durable now. I use it even when I don't paint my nails with a color since it keeps them healthy/looking good. This also works nicely as a base coat for color polish when I feel like using it. It took at least a month or two for this treatment to have lasting effects, so give it at least a few applications before writing it off.

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

Edit: May 1...I've been putting this product on my nails just about every day, and not taking it off unless it started peeling (which was about every week) then starting over. No nail-breaks all month until two days ago when I peeled off the polish, but decided not to re-polish until I went to bed...only to discover that one of my nails had broken in between times! It doesn't seem that this polish actually strengthens YOUR nails per se, but it definitely strengthens them while the polish is on them (which is still great imo!) In fact, I hit my pinkie nail on a printer at work the other day, and it bent backward 2mm into the nail bed and still didn't break! (But I had to cut it way down because my nail bed hurt every time my nail hit something.) My index fingernail was very long until yesterday when I hit it on the side of something...and it broke a piece off sideways so I just had to file the nail to be skinnier...but the rest of the nail was still very strong, and I didn't even have to re-polish it. I don't know about using this product with colored nail polish because I've just been using it alone every day, but I actually feel even sorrier for my previous self whose nails were always breaking, because now they're so easy to keep up! I was right to be so frustrated before :)

Edit: June 19. So I've decided this stuff actually DOES strengthen your nails when you've used it long enough because my nails are VERY strong without anything on them! But it took 2 months or so. Now I can put a layer of this on, put the polish on that I want, and put another layer of the this stuff over it as a top coat. (It really does help to let the color dry a minute or two, then dip your hand in ice cold water to dry the color completely...otherwise my polish was too pliable and would literally "move and tear" an hour or two later because of not drying all the way through.) Here are some quick pics I took at around the 2 month mark, just to show the nail growth in that time period.

on 2/20/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am so grateful for makeupalley for giving me a chance to discover this product.

I have been a lifelong nail biter. I always had short, peeling, stubby nails. Nails so soft that I never bothered to put nail polish on as it would simply peel away from my thin bendy nails. For the first time in my 32 years, i have long nails! I love flaunting my long graceful nails. I feel so pretty and I love buying nail polishes now.

When I run out of Protien plus, i will try the regular formula 2.

on 11/6/2014 9:27:00 AM

This is an amazing product... As someone who used to be a terrible nail biter I thought my nails would never be able to grow strong, as even after I managed to stop biting them they'd break and peel and never grow. I tried many strengtheners etc which helped a bit but after reading reviews of this I thought I'd try it and I'm so glad I have!! I've been using it for about 2 months and my nails are like claws! They just keep growing and I don't have the heart to cut my new beautiful long nails.
My two middle fingernails were the worst for peeling and would split and not grow at all but now one of them has no peeling at all and the other has very slight peeling at the top if I look carefully but nothing that is going to break the nail. My two index fingernails are still peeling slightly but not badly enough that I need to cut them down. All my other nails are super strong and smooth, I don't even like to paint my nails anymore because they look so nice natural with a layer of this on for some shine.
I accidentally bought formula 2 plus thinking it was just formula 2 because I don't use fake nails/gels etc so I didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I ended up with this one because it's made such a nice difference to my nails! I wish I had before and after photos!

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

on 8/1/2014 9:08:00 PM

If there's one product I would swear by, it would be this! As a previous nail biter for years who also got gel extensions regularly, my nails were battered, thin, peeling and would not grow. Some of my nail beds were so thin it hurt, so I decided to do something about it. After trying OPI's Nail Envy and various Sally Hansen products (which did nothing for my nails) I got this after seeing the good reviews. When I started applying it, I got really bad burning on one or two of my nails (the most damaged ones), but it really is worth it. After a couple of weeks, my nails which previously wouldn't grow even near my fingertips were beautiful, healthy, with natural white tips. By no means were they very strong, but they were definitely getting there. I could wear nail polish on my natural nails which was my dream!! If it works for me, it will work for anyone with very problematic nails.

on 7/24/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

No pun intended, this is hands down the best thing I have done for my nails, I would never be without it as I noticed when I ran out in less then a week my nails were peeling and chipping. I have used this for two decades . At one point I purchased that pink gel nail coat which waaay overpriced and worse than that my nails peeled within eight hours of using. I also use the OPI nail strengthener under two coats of Nailtiques, although not necessary I like the buildup effect.

Yup, it actually works. I am one of those people that is going to say that they have tried everything for their nails and nothing worked. I now have a combination of products that works for me so that my nails do not peel. That is my number one nail issue- super peely nails especailly my index fingers. Now I use nailtiques formula 2+. You have to give it a while- like at least three weeks, before you can say whether it is really working for you. I used it as directed for close to a month. Now I use it as a base coat when I have my nails done, which is most of the time, or have bare nails. Another product I have used in conjuction that I love so much is the Nutra Nail odor free nondamaging polish remover. I really do think it is this combo that has helped my nails so much. I think if I removed the nailtiques with regular polish remover, even acetone free, my nails would still be a bit peely. The Nutra Nail remover does not leave my nails dry. My nails would always seem dry after I removed polish with cutex or whatever other brand- usually acetone but even the acetone free. SO I would highly highly recommend this combination!

Popular Treatments