April 24, 2014 | 1936 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by asiahall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BUY IT! ok so I'm one of those people who hates to spend a lot of money on most things. I'm cheap. and this is not cheap. I got my teeny tiny bottle for $10 and I was shocked how little it was, but the reviews were all so good I went for it and I'm so so glad I did. Background on my nails. They were weak, flaked off and peeled like old wallpaper. They broke constantly and no matter what I tried nothing helped. I've tried most things listed below that others have tried all with absolutely no change in my poor nails. Finally it got so bad I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair without breaking a nail. Something had to be done. This was recommended by a youtuber. I wish I could remember her name I'd send her flowers. The reviews they aren't lying, this really does honestly work! I had to not wear nail polish for about month which sucked cause I'm addicted to doing my nails, but once again, the results were totally worth it. I put a fresh coat on my nails everyday for 5 days then took all the coats off and started again. I did this for two weeks straight then I did a coat every other day for two more weeks. then i started using it a base coat under my nail polish, every time I did my nails. It's been about three months and I haven't broken a nail in a month. There is almost no flaking on my nails now and they have gotten so long I needed to cut them back cause I kept scratching my self and my boyfriend (be careful what you ask for) The nail polish does get thicker but I didn't find it was a ridiculous amount. the brush doesn't seem to go all the way down so you kind of have to fish for it when you get to the bottom of the bottle, which I am at now after three months. I can't say if the results will last without using the treatment as I am still using it off and on at this point. However I will definitely repurchase if my nails start getting bad again. If you want healthier nails this is absolutely worth the money. It is something that truly does work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I have been using this for 10 days and the results are amazing. I have had weak, peeling, breaking nails my whole life and have tried so many "strengthening" treatments, this is the only one that has had significant results (healthy hoof cream is second best IMO).

My nails were in horrible shape when I picked this up, literally they were all misshapen, broken/peeled to a nub. After applying this everyday for the last 10 days the difference is shocking. I still have a few damaged nails that got slammed in a dresser drawer and are growing slower than the rest, but the other nails have now reached a perfect, pretty length, they are not peeling or chipping, and they are not breaking at all. They are SO much stronger, flexible, and healthy. I honestly had no idea a product could work this well. I need to go pick up a different formula in another week to maintain the results (except for the severely damaged nails, going to keep using 2plus on those). I will certainly update in another couple weeks as they progress.

This was a bit on the pricey side, 10$ for a tiny bottle, but who cares, the important thing is IT WORKS. And once I get into maintenance mode I will not need to apply daily anymore so it will last a lot longer. I couldn't recommend this product more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My nails are a sad mess--peeling, soft and tearing. I live in Michigan, and they are always worse in the winter--I think because of the dry air, both outdoors and indoors. I've been using polish with a strong base coat so they don't chip, which works well to help keep them from breaking, but they still peel.
I used the Nailtiques 2 plus a few times and still had noticeable peeling, so I decided to amp it up and use two coats underneath my basecoat. When I removed my polish today after two days, all of my nails were peeling almost halfway down the nail bed. The instructions caution that it may be drying to cuticles and skin around the nail, so I think it sucked all of the moisture out of my nails and caused worse peeling. For me, this product was a total fail. If your nails need protein but not moisture, it may work well for you. Mine went in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saved my nails like it was God and my nails were sinning. I had constant splitting of the nails since I had stopped wearing acrylic and they wouldn't grow for anything. I used this twice (a week apart from each use) before I started seeing results. It's an amazing nail base as well, keeping my polish on much longer and making my nails way more durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ItchyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shit WORKS. My nails do not peel any more at all. I'm halfway through one bottle - will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Megabyte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by inkaww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dhouseholder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have tried so many things to keep my nails intact with very little success. I've tried a few Sally Hansen products, I've tried using gel polish while my nails grow out, and I've tried Nailtek XTRA. None of those helped.

I can usually get my nails fairly long on average, but I always have one or two that break super short, and I am constantly dealing with splitting and peeling that leads to eventual breaks.

I have been using Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus for about a month now. I had a nail or two break in the first week, but I haven't had ANY breaks, splitting, or peeling since then. None whatsoever. And I'm not exactly easy on my nails. I've always had issues with nails breaking while sewing and needlework, but I sewed and worked on a cross stitch quite a bit this week without any issues.

This is hands down the best nail product I have ever used. I absolutely love it and I couldn't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by akalkh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!