April 16, 2014 | 1968 users online

Polishes - Orly - Seashell

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The polish appears pinker and darker than shown in the photos above. It is a beautiful color, just like the inner folds of a conch shell! This was the first bottle of nail polish I ever bought and I have since repurchased it. Great for the summer and especially the beach. It does chip more easily than my OPI polishes, but I don't know of a dupe that matches this color and shine. May very likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Kay12345678

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely color. On me this shade reads more peach shimmer. It does have the iridescence of the inside of well, a seashell! It would read as a nude if not for the shimmery quality. Was opaque in three thin coats. Very nice color, maybe a little too shimmery for the board room, but a perfect spring/summer shade :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by missylin

This is my all time favorite for fall. It works well in summer too. The color is pretty pinkish with some sliver tone after it dried. It is a pretty color that goes well with almost every clothes in my closet. and It is really easy to apply. and it gives different feelings when you apply more layers. I prefer apply just one layer, since I love the silver tone a lot. The color becomes more pinkish as you adding layers onto it.
It is great to apply it on top of Softest White.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this color - its a nice soft pink as everyone else has said, but it does tend to chip. I've had it on for maybe three days now and the tips of every finger has chipped, plus it takes a couple of coats to get to the desired color, but it is very pretty

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

This is a really gorgeous color! It is the most lovely, girly frosty pink. It has a wonderful pearly sheen to it, that does indeed make it look like I have pink pearls on my nails. One coat is not really all that horrible, a little light, but nonetheless beautiful still. But two coats is when it is really nice, and it looks exactly like it does in the bottle. UPDATE: After a day, it starts to chip really bad, then peels off completely by the second day. And that was after puting the Orly No Chip Top Coat on too!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful color. Seashell is a near twin to Essie's Pink Diamond. However, it's a little less girly pink (maybe a hint warmer?) and a little less reflective/metallic. As a bonus, it adds a very subtle microshimmer (not glitter, shimmer). It's still a very frosty metallic polish, so it requires a smooth nail bed (use a ridgefiller) and good application technique. A high gloss top coat will help too. Really beautiful on tips or toes. Very lovely on my cool-tone PPP self. ETA: This polish did not even last 12 hours on me. In all fairness, it was soaked in a bath. I'm dropping it a lippie until I can retest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 8:37:00 AM More reviews by gigglemommy

this is a very pretty pearly baby pink. i like that it doesn't really streak at all, as most of the sheer polishes do for me. the only drawback is one sheer coat doesn't really show much pink, it's more of a sheer white pearl, but with 2-3 coats the pink shows up. would definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

"Seashell" is a pale, pearly pink. With 2-3 coats it really does look like I have pale pink pearls on my nails, which I love. One coat is very subtle and sheer, but doesn't pack enough pigment to give the effect presented by the nail polish in bottle. Overall the quality of the polish is very good--I had this on my toes for about a week before it started chipping, and once it did start chipping it came off in huge chunks. Oh--and of course it has that wonderful rubber handle that all Orly polishes have. I would buy this again if I used it all up.