October 25, 2014 | 987 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Vanilla Spice Shimmer Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by rebekahsoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you like sparkly things, you'll love this lotion! The scent is yummy and stays for about two to three hours. It absorbs fast into your skin and doesn't feel oily at all. it spreads really well, too! it leaves a shimmer on your skin that you can see in lighted places. I think it's beautiful on bare arms/legs, like if you're going to a beach or pool party.

the cons: the pump top broke like, two days after I bought it....but I just snapped it back on. However, I have to keep the bottle upright and not let the pump top get pushed roughly or anything, or it'll fall off. also, it's pretty pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this beauty as a gift for Christmas last year and I still have some left-- a little bit goes a long way. I'm devestated that it has been discontinued. I love using it on my legs because of the shimmer and its thick texture. And the smell is both super sassy and wholesome at the same time! It really puts you in the mood for Christmas and such. Urgh, please bring it back!! :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I sort of forget how I came across this lotion. But I know I called all the body shops in my area for this and I now know that its only available at Christmas time. Also this always sells out and they never get in anymore. Thanks to ebay though, I purchased this lotion for a good deal! The smell of this is amazing. My mom(who usually doesn't like a lot of my lotions because of the smell) said what perfume are you wearing it smells so nice! I love it too. It just is such a soothing smell. It sort of smells like certain cookies my mom makes at Christmas time. I wear this lotion all the time though not just in the winter. If you check my reviews you will see that I love shimmer. I especially love golden shimmer which this lotion has. This lotion does have a ton of shimmer but to me its very soft, its not huge chunks of glitter. I almost find like some other reviewers that this has light diffusing properties to it. Which sets it apart from a lot of my other shimmer lotions. It looks great with my tan. I find this very cooling on my skin and very moisturizing. You do have to wash your hands after because they will be covered with shimmer! haha.

Update: I would say this smells like gingerbread cookies or pumpkin spice. I don't smell any vanilla to it at all. I also find that instead of gold shimmer this gives a pearl shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SophH

Gorgeous body lotion but the shimmer is a little too much. The shimmer in it makes it very hard to blend, so use sparingly. I still love it though-the scent is just incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Well, I bought this off ebay after it was already gone from the stores, but I love it. I think the shimmer is lovely and understated, and why not give yourself a little sparkle during an average day? It smells amazing...lots of cinnamon, which I love!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Yendang

Normally I love all the body butters, but this one I did not really like and I want to like it so badly because the scent is pretty great! The vanilla spice is warm and cinnamony smelling (great combo) and hard to pull off I think without smelling like generic baked goods. I was so eager to use it and when I did..I felt like I was taking a grease bath in butter literally!! I'm so disappointed because I love love the scent especially during the winter/holiday months but it's just too greasy on my skin and even now when i use it as a hand lotion..i grimace. It's a good thing I got this as a gift set because def will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by HAZY18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really pretty shimmer lotion that smells INCREDIBLE. It's not too shimmery and I even rub some onto my hair to make it soft and shimmery. I also bought the Vanilla Spice body butter, bodywash and lip balm and love all of them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Rather silly product, that, applied anywhere on the body, looks like the aftermath of a kindergarden birthday party. I'm thankful that I recieved a generous sample of this stuff and didn't actually go out and purchase it - lord knows what I'd do with 200ml of this stuff. It does have it's uses, but is difficult to work with. I apply small dabs on my brow bone and cheekbone area as a highlighter, and perhaps on the decollete area when going out to party. Moderation is key here, since it's not easy to blend and an amount too large will result in a light colored film upon the skin. The smells is very nice, but I decided to experiment by mixing in some cranberry shimmer lotion which I had also recieved as a sample, and am overwhelmed by the scent. The two of these together smell like warm cotton candy. I'm going to give this product 2 lippies because it's not an entirely horrible product; it does have it's uses and should be great for whoever is a fan of the "sparkly" look. If you're planning on using the product sparingly, ask for a sample. It will last you for quite some time, probably until next Christmas.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2006 6:45:00 AM More reviews by icannotthinkofone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS!! The shimmer isn't over the top so I'm fine with it, plus it makes your skin look really nice. But what I love most about this is the scent. This is a truly delicious vanilla-cinnamon smell. I've never owned anything else that's vanilla-cinnamon so I can't compare but the smell of cinnamon is so strong in this lotion, as is the smell of vanilla. It's what I've always imagined a vanilla-cinnamon scent would smell like. My 2nd favourite TBS scent after Satsuma!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by wlyeong

The lotion lived up to its 'shimmer' claim - that's the bad part as well. after applying it there were traces of it on my hands, clothes, everything I touched. The 'Midas Touch' anyone? I stopped using it after a couple of times.