September 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Concealers - Merle Norman - Luxiva Creamy Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by LaRox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

actually got it as a gift from my sister and I have almost finished the entire product but I do not really care for it I have used a lot of concealers in my lifetime and this just does not have the consistency or the coverage for everyday or even all day wear it seems to be be very thin and seems to fade away very easily it has two colors 1 is a darker shade and the other is lighter I usually use the dark one for my sun spots and pimples and the lighter one as a concealer under my eyes as I said before the coverage is really not much at all super light and you have to touch up alot

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Hb1101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It hasn't been manufactured with two shades in the same container in over two years. If that is what you're purchasing, then you're getting old product that is likely unfit for use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color was ok. Applied ok. Feels very nice on the skin. The coverage is mediocre. Did not stay put at all. Packaging is bulky. There a tons of better options even at the mass retailers. I should also note that what I purchased did not come with two shades as others seem to be referring to.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the silky texture of this concealer. It goes on well. I really like having two shades to blend for a good match. It does seem to show the lines under my eyes some, but I like the way it looks better than any I have tried so far. It I don't find anything better, I will but again. However, I will be looking for that perfect one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I use this for covering acne scars and hyperpigmentation, not undereye circles. I feel that it is too thick to use on my undereye area and I'm happy with the undereye concealer I'm currently using (Rimmel Match Perfection).

This works amazing as a 'facial' concealer because it is creamy but blends into your skin and doesn't move.

I initially thought I would use this up very quickly, because it comes in a tiny container (the pics posted here are of the old packaging, the new one is even smaller), but you use the smallest amount of product.

I think this cost about $16.00, or somewhere around there, so it wasn't cheap, but it's a great product and should last me quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this concealer duo for almost two years now. I've also been trying to find a better concealer for just as long. It's an okay product. I think it works best for skin discoloration or light acne scarring. Doesn't work on actual acne and is so-so under the eyes (too sheer, probably).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by kklunder

This concealer is great. I would compare it to Bobbi Brown creamy concealer or corrector. I love that it warms with your skin and melts into it looking invisible. I use this under my eyes for dark circles and also at my upper lip area for darkened areas. It stays on all day and does not crease. I use Nectar and the two colors blend in and are a perfect match for me. It is priced very reasonable for me, and I love that it is fast and easy to apply. I use my fingers, not the brush that is included.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first i liked it, but then i started realizing that this stuff creases too much. Not happy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is good. Not great, but good. It helps me cover up my acne scars decently .. I like the concealer by Exuvience better. I would repurchase if this wasn't so expensive and give such little product =(. 20$ for such little amount of concealer is too expensive for me. but overall this is a pretty good product i suppose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by gmoskol

The quest for a good concealer has lead me to many places and unfortunately I have been let down every time I have tried to cover up the blue veins and dark circles under my eyes. I have tried everything from drugstore brands (last one was Neutrogena) to higher end brands that have gotten rave reviews (Dermablend and Amazing Cosmetics). I have not been able to find a concealer that covered my dark circles adequately and did not streak, crease or cake up. I had high hopes for the Luxiva concealer after finding the Merle Norman Luxiva foundation, which I love and use every day. The concealer compact comes with 2 shades so you can custom blend your perfect shade and includes a brush for application and blending. As I applied the concealer I noticed it had a nice creamy texture. I also liked being able to adjust the color by blending the 2 shades. I noticed that the coverage was a little sheer, so I built the coverage as much as I could without slathering on a ridiculous amount. I wasn't impressed with the coverage and I could still see the awful blue veins under my eyes. A few hours later I looked in the mirror and saw that the concealer had creased and looked a little blotchy and cakey. If you don't have severe dark circles then maybe this concealer could work for you. I, however, will continue my search for a concealer that works for me.