July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Vanilla Spice Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by prudeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a Christmas gift. I found that it was indeed thick and moisturizing as most of the body butters from TBS are but the smell was too overpowering. It smells nice in small amounts but to use it all over the body is just too much. However, I use is more as a shower body lotion/body milk and despite washing off most of the butter, the moisture is still locked in and the smell is fainter so it doesn't give me a headache. I wouldn't purchase this again though. I prefer the lighter smelling ones like the cocoa butter, shea or any other nutty butter.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

A friend's mother suggested this as a Christmas gift and I tried some when I was in the store. I love the smell, however it smells like something really yummy that you'd like to eat, which is not a scent I want to wear. The lotion is nice though, very thick and moisturizing, I would try another of their body butters in a different scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by stephanie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was braving my first Chicago winter (I'm from a really humid city in Australia). I found this body butter more moisturising that most moisturisers, but was not impressed with it. The Strawberry, Olive, Mango, Moringa, Brazil Nut are far more moisturising. Smell is lovely though and I was stoked with the price. I picked up a tub for $10USD where it would be closer to $30USD in my home town - so for that it gets extra marks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by cakeface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my first time buying vanilla spice and i was thinking it would smell very sweet like burnt sugar with a little spicy kick to it, but its totally different, its such a toned down vanilla scent, but i love it! a fall favorite body butter! if you want a sweet sugary body cream try bath and body works vanilla bean noel!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Aries13

This smell is very unique. I love it, it lasts a while and moisturizes well. My mom doesn't like the smell but my brother said it was good. haha so goes to show how the scent will vary amongst people, but idc cuz I think it smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this body butter! My brother got me a holiday gift set this winter which included this butter, the Cranberry Joy body butter, and corresponding scents in an exfoliating soap. I was so proud of his pick :) I have found this body butter to be just the ticket for my awful, dry winter-y skin. I apply it after my shower and sometimes before I get dressed in the morning and I think it has really improved the hydration of my skin. I like the fact that it scoops out of a tub and has a really thick consistency--again perfect for winter skin. I have also enjoyed the smell surprisingly enough as I tend not to be a fan of sweet food scents. This vanilla isn't a cloying, little girl, overly sweet scent and it does have a slight spicy quality to it that I am really enjoying. I will definitely be purchasing more body butters once I run out of these two minis. They might be my favorite body lotion to date!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore the scent of this line! Vanilla is always nice but can get a bit boring, so the spices in this makes it interesting again. I'd rather buy a small container though, as the scent is very strong and special, so you do tire of it after a while. It moisturizes as well as any body butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally don't care for perfumed body butters. Being a big fragrance junkie, I don't like body lotions to compete with the fragrances I wear each day so tend to go for unscented moisturizing products. That said, every once in a while I'll buy a Body Shop body butter to do double duty of moisturizing and fragrance. I bought and tried this maybe once a year ago and put it away and forgot about it. Well after my bath the other night, I pulled it out and gave my arms, legs and upper chest a slight layer. I found the scent very holiday like, spicy and warm and very fragrant. Nice to go to sleep smelling something so pleasant knowing my body is getting some moisturizing. That said, it's too strong a scent for me for deep moisturizing that comes with really slathering on a body butter. So I will leave this for days I want to only smell like this body butter. It's also great for travel as a way to get some fragrance and moisturizing in one product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I got this for Christmas last year and barely used it because I had many other butters on the go at the time. I just rediscovered this product and totally forgot how great it smelled! Smells like fall and Christmas scents. Its very moisturizing and glides on the skin nicely. Its a butter form but slightly creamier than others I've used and it makes for a smoother application on the skin!

I just read on this website that there's lip gloss, shower gel and all other kinds of products in this scent so I'll be heading to the body shop to check out the other products and get me another couple of tubs of this stuff to last me through the year!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wa wa wee wa !! Can you say: "FAVORITE PRODUCT EVER?!" I feel like eating my hand after I put this stuff on. My friend passed it onto me and I think shes crazy for doing so! lol. I tried this and I immediately fell in love. After doing some research, I was sad to find that this is a seasonal buy. I can always buy on ebay.. but once winter his.. Im crossing my fingers and heading to the body shop for more!

Like many other products, the scent specified on the lid (vanilla spice) is nothing like the product. I think thats why people are thrown off.. they expect to get this enticing vanilla smell but its nothing like vanilla. The smell is of pumpkin, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.

To some its not so obvious however this is almost common sense to me.. if its not settling into your skin.. dont use so much! This is a body BUTTER, not a regular lotion. Dont pile it on, especially if you dont have dry skin - and then complain about it. Use in moderation. Thats the beauty of this product.. a little bit goes a long way!