July 22, 2014 | 2078 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This $3.00 dollar box of hair color makes my naturally light brown hair the perfect medium red shade. I'd gone completely natural for a while and was worried about coloring it myself, but it came out perfect. It's a real shade of red: not too bright or with any purple undertones. It didn't leave my hair dry or damaged either. And everyone thinks it's my natural color! I'll definately be sticking with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by gabbm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i absolutely love this hair color, it has exactly the red tone and radiance i was looking for and looks very natural, i've been using it for two years and has no damaged my hair. The only con is that fades so fast, i need to shampoo daily because i have oily hair and live in a hot weather city in summer (around 104 F) after two weeks it looks a blending od brown-red-blonde and it's Ok but it's not what i want so i have to re-coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Kangaruth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I don't think the colour on the box picture is very natural. BUT the colour your hair will turn DOES look natural! And it is a beautiful, glossy medium red, exactly like it says.

I've been dying my hair blonde and so when I went red it was more of a strawberry blonde. But this makes my hair a definite red-red. Not orange, not purple. But still natural. I also have a cool, very pale skin tone and yet this red doesn't make me look sallow at all - rather it highlights my pale skin which makes me happy!

It's great. The conditioner did make my hair feel quite thick, but after the first wash the feeling was gone. I didn't wash my hair for 3 days after dying, get some dry shampoo and spray-on leave-in conditioner and the dye will settle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Emma28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dyed my hair this color coming from an already natural auburn that was just a bit lighter because I just wanted a minor change. It has come out looking really fake though and now I really miss my natural hair color. Maybe this color works great for other people with a different hair color, but in my case it was a total fail. Guess that was a mistake :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I spent many hundreds of dollars to keep my hair red.... after trying this out I am hooked. My hair doesn't like to stay red so I color once a month. Its $3.00 so its not a big deal. This is my HG hair color. I just bought tressa watercolors color depositing shampoo in crimson splash so hopefully that can make this last. Either way I will always come back to this dye. The conditioner it comes with is amazing it makes my hair feel wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by slwillis1029

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love. Love. Looooove this color. I'm a brunette and have been wanting to go lighter for a long time, so I bought the Revlon Dark Auburn for a little change and then I found a coupon for more Revlon so I decided to do the Medium Auburn. This is the exact color that I wanted and looks really good with my skin. I'm African American and light-skinned and was afraid it would wash me out, but it looks great. And for 3 bucks, I'm stocking up on this color and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zodiacballet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Revlon Colorsilk was my fourth try at box-dyed red. Red is the only color I've ever dyed my hair; I'm naturally a dirty blonde with reddish undertones. I must say I was more than a little scared to try a hair dye that costs less than $3--I bought two boxes for my mid-back-length hair, which I normally have to do--but I was pleasantly surprised.

This color is just about perfect.

I can't tell you how many people were in disbelief when I told them this wasn't my natural hair color. I was asked, "Which one of your parents was a redhead?" and even told, "You must be Irish." Not kidding. It's a perfectly balanced, natural-looking shade of red. Believe it or not, I dyed it over two months ago and it is STILL going strong, if a bit faded (although my hair seems to love red dye and clings to it easily). As long as you don't wash your hair often (I personally opt for twice a week) and use a color-safe shampoo, this will LAST like you won't believe.I'm dyeing it again tonight to cover the roots, although I've chosen a different brand simply because I want a darker auburn for Fall. I know I'll be coming back to Colorsilk for the Spring. This shade is a winner: beautiful, natural, and an unbelievably good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really skeptical of using a box dye for red hair as it seems like red and blonde are the two riskiest colors when it comes to self-dyeing (more of a chance that it'll look fake, etc.) I had previously had my hair colored auburn in a salon, so I was just looking to touch up my roots and brighten it up as it had faded quite a bit. Despite my fears of having orange- or purple-hued hair, I bought this *solely* based on Makeupalley reviews and prayed for the best. It came out wonderfully. This is actually the color that I wanted it to be when i got it done in the salon, but it didn't come out quite this bright before. On me, it is not quite as bright as the color on the box, but it's still definitely a vibrant reddish auburn and it looks extremely realistic, even in natural light. I applied this for 20 minutes on the roots (my hair is naturally a dirty blonde) and an extra 7 on the length of my hair, and the color came out very uniformly throughout. I have self-colored my hair before using Natural Instincts (not red), and I feel like this formula is slightly dryer than that one, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it did make it slightly more difficult to distribute through my bra strap-length hair. This cost $3.34 at my Target... a complete steal. I will absolutely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is a beautiful red for the price. It came out fairly dark on me because my hair was a dark brown before I dyed it. It did leave my hair in pretty bad condition though. I had been using demi permanent color for awhile and forgot how tangled my hair gets with box color. It would be VERY hard to comb through for the first three weeks every time I showered.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bordnfl2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Colorsilk usually in Light Golden Brown but decided to go back to red. This color came out beautiful and my only regret is that I did not go back to reds sooner.

It covered my gray really well, doesn't bad that bad and my hair felt good after I used their conditioner. I know the color will not last as long as I'd like just because reds all fade fast but since I color every few weeks, it's not an issue.