July 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Loose Powders - Burt's Bees - Burt's Facial Powder [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

While this is the right color for me - It evens out my slightly too dark foundation - I don't like the chalky texture of this powder. This is decidedly not translucent powder, and I can't imagine wearing it unless you're ridiculously pale like me. It gets everywhere. The plastic screen makes getting the right amount of product prepped nearly impossible. Someday I'm going to get a chance to try a new powder, but people keep buying this for me for some reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how this powder looks and the container is pretty neat, an aluminum -recyclable - tin - and I may have gotten the revised version of this powder as it isn't chalky at all and I have pretty tanned skin right now.
It's light and airy - does a great job of tamping down the oilies but - you still have to touch up often , but with this, it doesn't build up on your skin - so not my top pick, but for the price and look, it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by heckjo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff gets EVERYWHERE and the package is not travel-friendly. But it's pretty good powder and feels very light and healthy. I use it as a final setting in the morning. It's also good for touch-ups if you're going back out in the world after greasing over in the office all day. It's better for short-term oil control and I would not say it lasts very long--not that I would expect it to. I use a BareMinerals brush to apply this--the puff it comes with is just silly. Just make sure to brush off the excess that will inevitably land all over your black shirt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wallaccd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the translucent loose powder. I do not care for it at all. I am fair/light complected and this was way too white. It looked like I was powdering my face with chalk dust...and after reading the ingredients, I realized I am! The texture is nice and light, and does an ok job at controlling oil, but it's just too chalky and not at all natural looking when first applied. **UPDATE** I started using Everyday Minerals foundation, which is turning out to be too "dewey" for my oily skin, but I love that it's natural. I use this loose powder to set it, and it works well for minimizing the dewey-ness and holding back the oil a bit longer. But it's still too white to be considered translucent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Barbergirlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After searching and trying to find a product free of Bismuth Oxy..., I have finally found a product that is soothing and does what it is meant to do, I LOVE this stuff. I have such calm skin now. I use Dove Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser, Dove Sensitive Skin Lotion, a dab of Burt's Bees Tinted Moisturizer, Burt's Bees creme blusher, and this powder. I endured several years of acne and redness. I put up with it and blamed hormones and stress. I tried every acne kit and makeup (yes I was one of the earliest to jump on the BE bandwagon). I did not know that my skin had developed an allergy to Bismuth. I was even more dissapointed to learn that virtually every make up like has now included this cheap and highly offensive filler (even Almay and some of the Aveda products (read the new blushes, eyeshadows, and even the new eye pencil packages). I will forever use Burt's Bees as long as they leave out the Bismuth! Yes the packaging is a little "rough" (who cares). I will take calm, beautiful skin any day! I am a 37 year-old that is told by everybody how amazing I look. What a complete turn around! I hope ladies that are having skin issues read this. I wasted years trying make ups and cleansers. It took a dedicated Derma doc and a severe allergic reaction in my pre teen daughter for me to figure out that I too was being affected by the products make up lines are incorporating now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very dark skin and this powder dissapear in my skin,I really like this because it keep the oiliness at bay and dirt cheap! Would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I had to give this another try because the first time I encountered it, I found it too chalky and pale for my skin. Since lately, I'll try anything twice in the search for the perfect makeup (and due to my newfound love of all things natural) I gave it another shot and am glad I did. First off, it is pale. Transclucent just really doesn't capture how pale. Secondly, I'm not pale. It works because I dust it on VERY lightly with a big fluffy brush. Even with a light dusting, it still keeps the oilies at bay and me looking fresh all morning. I really like that. The container is cute and the powder is plentiful for the price, so no complaints there. Overall, I'd recommend, but be aware of what you're in for. If you're used to piling on the powder, this one isn't for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by KippieKann

The only Burt's Bees product I've ever thrown in the trashcan. It made my skin chalky and very theatre make-up like. The packaging also makes it very hard to use without making a complete mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Half_Blood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Contrary to what most other people have said, I found this product only SLIGHTLY too pale. It did blend it quite a bit better than I expected it too and it does not contain any harsh chemicals. I would not reccomend this product for people with dry skin, in fact, I wouldn't really reccomend any powder for people with dry skin. The packaging is very creative. However, the powder tends to spill upon opening (nearly everytime). My skin is not very pale, but it is pretty light for an olive skin tone. I would NEVER reccomend using TOO much of this product at one time. It is important to be very sheer when using it...so its not reccomended for covering anything!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after reading the reviews of this, i wouldn't have spent the money to try this powder BUT after commenting to my boyfriend how much i liked the tinted moisturizer i had bought he came home with this in translucent for me as a gift. and i love it! someone wrote it would probably be good for girls who are pale with oily skin...and it is. it goes on a bit paler than it ends up looking, but i don't find it chalky at all.