Coty Shania by Stetson

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far the BEST perfume I have ever worn. I LOVE this stuff! I wear it every single day. I first got this a while back as a little Christmas present from walmart. I found it in Big lots for $3 so I bought all of them lol. My husband says everytime he smells it he thinks of me awh lol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm saddened by the poor reviews this perfume has received because I really enjoy it and have received numerous compliments on it. This tells me one of two things - 1) the compliments were veiled comments on horridly pungent odor (which I don't think it has but apparently some reviewers do) or 2) it works really well with my chemistry. I like to think it's the latter. I really like the rose notes in this, but it's not old lady tea rose, it's like briar rose and more youthful. It is a bit sharp on first spray, but it dries down pretty quickly into the nice floral scent that I like. I have the lotion (which has a shimmer that I don't like) and a shower gel. I picked up the whole set super cheap at one of those perfume liquidation websites...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this one. My sister got it for her birthday and she doesn't use it, so I told her I was going to take it and she was like, OK. So I wear this on most of my flirty feeling days that I love how I feel and look. I LOVE IT SOO MUCH! It has that citrus thing going on which I love! I hope I can find it again! It also looks very pretty in its little bottle!

on 3/13/2009 6:32:00 PM

I really like this, I got the lotion and fragrance for christmas one year. I actually has requested it. I did this because, my friend had worn it all the time that year, and I loved smelling it on her. I don't wear it that often, because on me, I find it really really strong. The lotion though is amazing, very subtle, moisturizing, all that good stuff. I couldn't give it full points because I find it strong, but, I love the smell! Deffantly check it out.

on 1/31/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this by accident! i was buying two scents for $4.99 at walgreens, they have a sale on classic scents of the 80's and 90's. i took a bottle of lady stetson and sand and sable knowing my mother would enjoy both. but when i got home no sand and sable, this was in the box instead. yes i see the lady stetson notes there, but something is different.

edited to add that today i saw my mom and asked what perfume she had on as she smelled great! she said it was this one, and i had to go sniff the bottle again! it really is a pretty scent and smells more expensive than it is.

on 10/7/2008 9:21:00 PM

I'm reading all kinds of horrible reviews on this stuff, but personally I really like it. This may sound crazy, but I love the smell of fabric softener...and, well, this stuff kinda smells like fabric softener on me. Only less like laundry and more like, just a clean smell. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones whose natural chemistry works really well with this perfume, because I've gotten compliments on it. I just hate telling anyone that it's Shania perfume. I feel like I just sprayed on a designer imposter crap from the gas station. But it still smells good so what's the difference?!

Recently I smelled this on a lady visiting my workplace - it was a gorgeous raspberry perfectly blended with light florals., it smelled scrumptious! I had to know what it was, and was surprised when she told me that it was Shania. Shania is one of the few drugstore frags that I had repeatedly passed on testing, but smelling it on her made me reconsider. So I gave it my own test drive - but it just doesn't smell nearly as good with my chemistry, it's too pale, bright, fair. It also has a bit of sharpness that bugs me, but only a little. It's a nice scent, and I might recommend it to others that like raspberry, on a budget or otherwise - Sorry, Shania - it's no sale for me.

on 7/27/2008 3:11:00 PM

I fell in love with this perfume a few years back, and still come back to it when I nedd a scent that will stay with me all day. The first few minutes, you think what the heck have I just put on, but as it begins to settle, it has the most amazing floral fragrance. It also has amazing staying power. (even lasted in an item of clothing that had been laundered!)

For the person who asked if it came in a lotion...yep it does, but it's a shimmer lotion. I like it as a layer, but could not where it daily, I think it would irritate my skin.

BTW, Shopper's Drug Mart carries 50 ml bottle of this for $9.99...how can you go wrong?!

on 9/11/2007 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The onset is bright citrus fruits and very generic and I can see why so many people are screaming that is smells cheap and horrid. It has that feeling at first. But wait for dry down: Gradually you get a wonderful honeysuckle rose with a faint soft base of amber and musk. I sure didn’t want to like this one, but I have to say I do. We’ll see how it survives as mood and weather changes. So far, for the price, it's very nice and more than I've learned to expect from celebrity fragrances.

on 8/23/2007 7:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This perfume makes me feel like an old movie 40's glam movie star, and yes, that is a compliment. I wish they made this in lotion, or maybe they have? I'm not sure, but this perfume is great on special occasions like weddings and so on. Not an everyday use, but heck, this one hell of perfume that works just fine with my chemistry!

Popular Fragrances