October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Hair Treatments - Ion Purifying Solutions Crystal Clarifying Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by maggiebeans

After a disasterous haircolor attempt using Clairol Pro Creme in Lightest Natural Blonde High Lift, my hair was left with golden blonde roots and ashy light blonde ends. I washed twice with dishsoap to try to remove some of the ash, which helped a small amount. Ventured into Sally's the next day to get some Demi-permenant light golden blonde and the girl there recommended using this before I put on the demi to help remove a little more of the ash. Mixed it up slathered it on, topped my head with a highlighting cap and sat under a bonnet drier for 20 min. Was shocked to see that when I removed the cap my hair had no ash left! Worked wonderfully in removing all the bad color. My hair is now a gorgeous shade of blonde. Roots are still a little too golden, and I'm planning on reapplying my normal haircolor in a few days to lighten them a bit more. Highly recommend this product if you've had a haircoloring mistake, it's under $3, and well worth it in my case. As other reviewers have said it doesn't make your hair strawlike either. I followed my treatment with Loreal Everpure Moisture Shampoo and Everpure Smooth deep conditioner and Joico Oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Must have for anyone that has hard water or well water. We have the latter, and being a blonde is tough in this household because of build up. My hair begins to take orangey tints in certain spots after a while and that is not something I like! These are available at Sally's for about $2.50. They come in single packets and you just add 2 ounces of water, mix it up and apply to your hair. I leave mine on near 20 minutes and rinse it out. I actually put a shower cap on and stay in the shower and do all my exfoliating and masks during that time. Then you rinse, rinse, rinse. I only do a leave-in conditioner afterwards and my hair is amazing: soft, silky, full of body, healthy, shiny. No orange, no rusty colors, no brassy tones - just gorgeous blonde hair. I do get a slight whiff of 'wet dog' while it is processing, however that goes away after rinsing and it was nothing to get all PO'd about anyway. I use this before coloring so my color comes out perfect and when my hair starts to get that yucky rusty look because of the well water. This is a great, cheap, lovely product and I recommend....definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by bbgreen

this stuff is fantastic! i had so much color build up on my ends and needed to strip some without damaging my hair- i was so close to doing a bleach soap cap to cut some of the color out and i bought this stuff and it helped pull some of the icky color out and made my hair look and feel great. this stuff is an absolute miracle product- it's really to be used for taking out clorine, water buildup and product buildup but works awesome to remove icky color too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim while restocking on ion color. It comes in a single serving foil pack, but it is so useful, I wish it came in a bottle. You add 2 oz water to the powder to form a slightly less than watery gel which you apply and leave on for up to 20 min, with heat to intensify if you want. Gigglemommy below kindly lists the ingrediants.
I used as a pre-color clarifier. My hair air dried before I got around to the coloring, so I had a good chance to see how this treated my hair, and I was very impressed. My hair is fine,naturally wavy,prone to dry ends. I try not to overdo silicones but do like to use a shine serum. After the treatment my hair was very soft, light, but not fly-away, lots of wave and body- way more than normal. (I think I get the point about silicone build-up now.) Then I colored and was thrilled with the results. Three days later, still enjoying extra body. The hair gods have smilled on me, for a change.
I would like to try using this every couple weeks, but hesitant to do anything to accelerate color fade, a big problem for me. But we shall see...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

this stuff is neato. it comes in a tiny purple packet as a powder, and you mix it with water to form a gel. first of all, it's NOT a shampoo clarifier. you shampoo first, then apply this gel and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse out. the longer you leave it in, the more gunk it removes. the first thing that impressed me, was that i could comb through my hair after using it. every other clarifier i've used has turned my hair into a tangly, dry, strawlike mess. it seems very gentle. the package states that it can also be used after perms to remove "perm smell" and reduce scalp itching. the ingredients are:
gloconate, erythorbic acid, disodium EDTA, ascorbic acid, glucose, citric acid, polyquaternium-10, Aloe barbadensis leaf, allantoin.

i'm no expert, but that looks sulfate free to me, unless they are hiding in one of the chemical names i know little about. i used it before coloring my hair, and my results were better than usual. my hair felt squeaky clean, and my ends (where i apply my 'cones) took color ALOT better. i used the same haircolor as i usually do. i would recommend picking up an applicator bottle when you get this- mixing it in a measuring cup and dumping it over your head has it's drawbacks. lol!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No