Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 3/27/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you like the classic Burt's Bees minty lip balm and are looking for mid-sheer color, these are a good choice. I have it in fig, rhubarb, and watermelon, and I like them all and they all look different on me. It is much more pigmented than the tinted lip balm Burt's Bees has. The shimmer is not over the top for me, but I do like a little bit of shimmer so mileage may vary. It is just as moisturizing on me as the standard peppermint balm. It is a little small for the price, but I don't have to reapply often.

on 3/22/2015 1:44:00 PM

im not a huge fan of the other burts bees products but these i really like. i love the mint flavor and the payoff is perfect

on 3/4/2015 11:48:00 PM

Love these! The colors are the perfect amount of pigmentation. They also smell like mint and the shimmer is just shimmer l, you can't feel it on your lips and it's a nice subtle shine

I wasn't crazy about any of these colors :(

on 12/22/2014 2:33:00 AM

Love this product! A little on the expensive side however I'd happily buy it again. I usually put the burts bees Chapstick on first then dab a little burts bees color and I love it! Also I'm obsessed with the minty feeling it gives my lips.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin, a lot of lipsticks and lipglosses/balms have worn break me out (those annoying small pustules) at the lip line. Body shop is out for me. Clinique is out for me.

I bought one stick to try out, and I was surprised that it didn't cause me any problems.
I bought 2 more sticks when on vacation. These hard to find locally. I am hoping the local Sephora restocks them soon (where I bought the first one). I think I am just going to buy a huge range of colours and stick to these forever.

a bit pricey yes

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like this, a bit expensive though but i thought id treat myself. i havent wore it just as like a chapstick, i got it because it was really shimmery and i like to have shimmer ontop a dark lipstick. I have champage, its pretty. i don't wear it alone because light colors do not look right on me so i just wear it ontop a dark lip every now and then. but i won't be buying it again, ill find a cheaper shimmer lip product.

on 7/25/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is an upgrade from their regular chap sticks. but didnt work. i suffered from chronic dried lips so i would know which lips stuff really work and what doesnt and non of the burts bees lip lines work unfortunately.

on 6/27/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have this in Plum, and I love the color. I've tried this on solo, and with a lip balm underneath; mainly because my lips show the chaps when it's the lip shimmer by itself (like regular lipstick does. Who knew?)

on 6/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Other than containing soybean oil, I find the ingredients to be most natural and unoffensive, and a little goes a long way! I have the PLUM lip shimmer, and it is essentially a lipstick if you want it to be! So, you only need to use a little. :) It has a refreshing minty feel, and it looks wonderful, while being good for your lips!

Recommended for Medium Skin