Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 12/22/2014 2:33:00 AM

Love this product! A little on the expensive side however I'd happily buy it again. I usually put the burts bees Chapstick on first then dab a little burts bees color and I love it! Also I'm obsessed with the minty feeling it gives my lips.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin, a lot of lipsticks and lipglosses/balms have worn break me out (those annoying small pustules) at the lip line. Body shop is out for me. Clinique is out for me.

I bought one stick to try out, and I was surprised that it didn't cause me any problems.
I bought 2 more sticks when on vacation. These hard to find locally. I am hoping the local Sephora restocks them soon (where I bought the first one). I think I am just going to buy a huge range of colours and stick to these forever.

a bit pricey yes

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like this, a bit expensive though but i thought id treat myself. i havent wore it just as like a chapstick, i got it because it was really shimmery and i like to have shimmer ontop a dark lipstick. I have champage, its pretty. i don't wear it alone because light colors do not look right on me so i just wear it ontop a dark lip every now and then. but i won't be buying it again, ill find a cheaper shimmer lip product.

on 7/25/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is an upgrade from their regular chap sticks. but didnt work. i suffered from chronic dried lips so i would know which lips stuff really work and what doesnt and non of the burts bees lip lines work unfortunately.

on 6/27/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have this in Plum, and I love the color. I've tried this on solo, and with a lip balm underneath; mainly because my lips show the chaps when it's the lip shimmer by itself (like regular lipstick does. Who knew?)

on 6/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Other than containing soybean oil, I find the ingredients to be most natural and unoffensive, and a little goes a long way! I have the PLUM lip shimmer, and it is essentially a lipstick if you want it to be! So, you only need to use a little. :) It has a refreshing minty feel, and it looks wonderful, while being good for your lips!

on 6/16/2014 9:24:00 AM

I really like how this is all natural and seems to really smooth out my lips, but unfortunately I don't like any of the few colors these have. I use this over night as a kind of treatment against dry lips instead though. And it is a bit pricey for me too. The concistency is quite soft.

I bought this in the nutmeg and a lighter shade I can't remember the name of. I love Burts Bees and usually give rave reviews on their products, especially their lip products, which are my biggest buy in their line. But this was...a hot mess. The shimmer is ridiculous! It's like someone poured silver glitter over a dryish lip balm and put it on your lips. No joke. And this was for BOTH colors, rendering them both unwearable, unless you want your lips to look like a disco ball. Their lip tint balms are world's away better, minus the glitter.

on 4/3/2014 5:57:00 PM

I do like the colors I have and they do moisturize your lips a bit but overall they're just too expensive, especially for the amount of product you get. They give you the smallest tube ever!! Also the packaging is really annoying, I don't know why but mine get all goo-ey and messy around the cap part after a few uses and I'm super careful with them. It's just annoying. There are plenty of other products out there for cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I suppose this should be obvious but these are really really SHIMMERY. Like way to glitterly for everday use.

I found the color way to dark (fig) and glitter way to shiny for me to repurchase this. If you want something for going out or you like that really glittery feeling on your lips, you would like this.

Love this company, but hate this product.

Recommended for Medium Skin