April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I do like the colors I have and they do moisturize your lips a bit but overall they're just too expensive, especially for the amount of product you get. They give you the smallest tube ever!! Also the packaging is really annoying, I don't know why but mine get all goo-ey and messy around the cap part after a few uses and I'm super careful with them. It's just annoying. There are plenty of other products out there for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I suppose this should be obvious but these are really really SHIMMERY. Like way to glitterly for everday use.

I found the color way to dark (fig) and glitter way to shiny for me to repurchase this. If you want something for going out or you like that really glittery feeling on your lips, you would like this.

Love this company, but hate this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by teedums

I like these a lot, I picked up in Peony, Caramel, Fig and Watermelon. I like all the shades but I would probably only repurchase Fig and Watermelon, and maybe Caramel. Peony is a nice lighter pink shade, probably a little too light for me but very nice nonetheless. Caramel is a great neutral shade with some sparkle, Fig is a little darker reddish brown and Watermelon is a medium pink color, maybe a little fuschia? Hard to describe but a great color and there are not many pinks I can wear. I also like the minty feeling, that's what made me a fan of their balms in the first place. I think the color payoff is good, you may have to reapply after a while but that doesn't bother me too much. I use these quite a bit, especially lately as they have become a favorite of mine.

The packaging is good, it's a very thin tube, very compact. The price isn't too bad, Burt's Bees is a quality product after all. Overall I would definitely repurchase, especially in the above mentioned colors. Well done Burt's Bees!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this! I have it in Strawberry, a nice medium pink. It looks good on my cool NC15 skin tone. I love the fact that it's all natural and tingles like peppermint. Great for warm chapped lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't replace a lip balm but still hydrating. Bought in Peony, a shimmery copper tone. Looks nice on me. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Mariposagirl12

This is an amazing product. I use it almost every day. It's really moisturizing and is easy to carry because it doesn't take up much space. I love that the tube is so thin because the product can then be used on any lip size or shape.
The only problem I have with this might seem weird considering its called lip shimmer, but I wish they made these colors matte. I think most of the colors are so beautiful that the shimmer limits their use and how many looks they can be used in.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you like sticky, gooey lip products, then this product is for you. I bought this in red, and I thought that I was going to get a nice consistent color. No. It's thin, gooey and feels disgusting on your lips. It's just not my thing.
Ick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Have used these for years because they are excellent. This is one of those products that slips my mind to mention, or use daily. But every time I do, I wonder why I don't keep it for my daily lipstick/balm/tint thingy. Four stars because the mint feeling may annoy some.

They are perfect. colours are on the darker side. quite moisturizing, soothing, but not a COMPLETE replacement for a lip treatment, if your lips are chapped you still need to look after them with a good thick balm, of course. sheen, not high gloss. (champagne has a lot of shimmer though.)

the way this sits on the lips is nice, kinda melts in, and makes lips look healthy but not artificially juicy/glossy. It feels light and I always forget I am wearing it, till i check the mirror. rhubarb and Champagne are the ones I use and I think i have repurchased rhubarb more than once.

I think the fact that the tubes are so skinny and the packaging isn't particularly interesting, means I keep losing em and finding them in odd places.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

lovely natural lip balm with no hidden nasty chemicals! goes on smoothly, lasts and is very comfortable to wear! really am enjoying Burts Bees products!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product! I first bought it two years ago, and since then, I've never left the house without it. The packaging is small and convenient, allowing me to carry it around in my purse or pencil case. The price is good, especially when compared to other all-natural products, and it's readily available in most drugstores. It's incredibly moisturizing and a has pleasant minty smell. All the colours I've tried have been wonderfully pigmented and just a little sparkly, making them perfect for everyday wear and formal occasions alike. I prefer the bolder shades like plum and rhubarb, but there are also plenty of more understated colours that are very nice. It's pretty much my all-time favourite lip product.