July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Plum, and I love the color. I've tried this on solo, and with a lip balm underneath; mainly because my lips show the chaps when it's the lip shimmer by itself (like regular lipstick does. Who knew?)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by JScents

Other than containing soybean oil, I find the ingredients to be most natural and unoffensive, and a little goes a long way! I have the PLUM lip shimmer, and it is essentially a lipstick if you want it to be! So, you only need to use a little. :) It has a refreshing minty feel, and it looks wonderful, while being good for your lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Chentari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like how this is all natural and seems to really smooth out my lips, but unfortunately I don't like any of the few colors these have. I use this over night as a kind of treatment against dry lips instead though. And it is a bit pricey for me too. The concistency is quite soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I bought this in the nutmeg and a lighter shade I can't remember the name of. I love Burts Bees and usually give rave reviews on their products, especially their lip products, which are my biggest buy in their line. But this was...a hot mess. The shimmer is ridiculous! It's like someone poured silver glitter over a dryish lip balm and put it on your lips. No joke. And this was for BOTH colors, rendering them both unwearable, unless you want your lips to look like a disco ball. Their lip tint balms are world's away better, minus the glitter.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I do like the colors I have and they do moisturize your lips a bit but overall they're just too expensive, especially for the amount of product you get. They give you the smallest tube ever!! Also the packaging is really annoying, I don't know why but mine get all goo-ey and messy around the cap part after a few uses and I'm super careful with them. It's just annoying. There are plenty of other products out there for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I suppose this should be obvious but these are really really SHIMMERY. Like way to glitterly for everday use.

I found the color way to dark (fig) and glitter way to shiny for me to repurchase this. If you want something for going out or you like that really glittery feeling on your lips, you would like this.

Love this company, but hate this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by teedums

I like these a lot, I picked up in Peony, Caramel, Fig and Watermelon. I like all the shades but I would probably only repurchase Fig and Watermelon, and maybe Caramel. Peony is a nice lighter pink shade, probably a little too light for me but very nice nonetheless. Caramel is a great neutral shade with some sparkle, Fig is a little darker reddish brown and Watermelon is a medium pink color, maybe a little fuschia? Hard to describe but a great color and there are not many pinks I can wear. I also like the minty feeling, that's what made me a fan of their balms in the first place. I think the color payoff is good, you may have to reapply after a while but that doesn't bother me too much. I use these quite a bit, especially lately as they have become a favorite of mine.

The packaging is good, it's a very thin tube, very compact. The price isn't too bad, Burt's Bees is a quality product after all. Overall I would definitely repurchase, especially in the above mentioned colors. Well done Burt's Bees!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this! I have it in Strawberry, a nice medium pink. It looks good on my cool NC15 skin tone. I love the fact that it's all natural and tingles like peppermint. Great for warm chapped lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't replace a lip balm but still hydrating. Bought in Peony, a shimmery copper tone. Looks nice on me. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Mariposagirl12

This is an amazing product. I use it almost every day. It's really moisturizing and is easy to carry because it doesn't take up much space. I love that the tube is so thin because the product can then be used on any lip size or shape.
The only problem I have with this might seem weird considering its called lip shimmer, but I wish they made these colors matte. I think most of the colors are so beautiful that the shimmer limits their use and how many looks they can be used in.