Avon Avon Naturals Tea Tree and grapefruit 2-in-1 facial gel cleanser

Price: $

on 11/22/2007 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

What a Godsend! This product saved me from a horrible breakout after using Bare Minerals.

PROS: It is an affordable gel cleanser for oily skin that cleanses your skin without leaving any residue. My acne started to disappear within 2 days of using it and my skin has restored its balance completely. At a time when all cleansers were breaking me out due to my sensitive skin, this cleanser was refreshing and effective at treating my problem. It's also cheap at $3 a tube and it lasts for months!

CONS: It smells almost clinical (tea tree) but who cares? This cleanser works!! :)

UPDATE-June 2008: This product was discontinued but you can still find it on ebay. Still my Holy Grail cleanser. Better then Cetaphil, Glycolic cleansers, etc. I love it and use it twice a day!

on 10/18/2006 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is GREAT! This is my favorite cleanser, and, alas, my favorite HG cleanser has been discontinued! I just received the last of what they had in stock today! This sucks! If I use this, then follow with Neutrogena Rapid Clear Pads, my face clears up really, really fast! This stuff I use as a body wash, facial cleanser, and eye makeup remover. It never leaves my face extremely tight or dry, it just feels clean!

on 8/27/2006 6:30:00 PM

The funny smell to this cleanser is the Tea Tree Oil. I kinda like it. It lathers well and doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight afterwards. I have oily/combination skin and I haven't noticed that it is doing much for that, but it is certainly not causing breakouts. This is just a nice, cheap cleanser and Tea Tree Oil is good stuff! I like this!!

on 8/15/2006 4:56:00 PM

This is a nice light cleanser, and works well on keeping my skin from being oily. I am not too fond of the smell, but overall it does a good job of keeping the oil away. I don't think it helps with blemishes very much though-- --How ever, it did help to clear up my skin after the pore-fection mess, but its not what I would consider a really good remedy for acne.

I've tried most department store brands and drug store brand cleansers. Cursed with very oily skin. the result from this cleanser is better than some very expensive brands I've used. With a wash cloth, this cleanser removes all makeups leaving my skin very smooth. After washing, I noticed I don't need a toner. This saves a lot of time especially during the mid-day freshening-up when I just want to wash my face quickly and reapply makeup.

on 8/2/2006 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good for removing makeup, but other than that it's not that great for oily skin like stated. Smells pretty bad too.

on 6/26/2006 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I get alot of Avon products for free. This cleanser is one of the best. It removes all dirt and makeup. And it does it so effortlessly. You ever had to rub, rub, rub, your cleanser into your face to get all the makeup off? That is so annoying. Well not with this cleanser. It does a wonderful job. And if I had to buy it I would, but since I don't I'll just keep accepting it for free!

on 2/21/2006 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hate it! It got me dry patches all over my face after few days of using it. I have combo skin. The smell is very bad. I won't buy it again.

on 2/21/2006 11:14:00 AM

I have only used this a couple times, but really like it. My only problem is the smell. Horrible! It's a nice,light cleanser that has an almost cooling effect. Will update later.

on 12/18/2005 11:25:00 AM

This is a very nice facial cleanser. I like the gel formula. It does a really good job of removing dirt, grime and makeup off of my face. My face feels really clean and fresh after use. I do think it has helped my face become clearer. I have combo skin and I would repurchase this cleanser. I bought it out of the 'Beauty on a Budget' flyer for only $1.99 from Avon.