November 26, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these lipsticks. This has the ability to look a bit ashy but I am not removing points because of my skintone. I simply place a darker lip gloss over it - something like L'Oreal Rich Nude or Revlon Plum Pearl. Then this lipstick is life in abundance. Well done L'Oreal. I am NW45 for reference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because so many YouTube gurus were raving about this product. Well I decided to buy it on sale for $11 cad and IMO it's just ok. On my NC30 skintone, it look just a slight bit too light for what I'm used to (MAC - Cosmo lipstick and rimmel kate #08). I was looking for that perfect nude lipstick and I thought from the tube it looked pinky-brown... But on lips... It cancelled out too much of my natural lip colour... I like my nude to not look like concealer on my lips. Plus, the scent was too strong... It's like 80s-90s lipstick... Plastic - like scent. IMO if you're light / fair this may look REALLY good on you... Or if you're really into that 'barely there lip' look. This colour is quite similar to rimmel kate #14. I think I may have to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of L'Oreal Colour Riche line and saw the reviews on MUA for this and that it was good for a fair complexion. I do not have very pigmented lips and when I tried it it looked like I was wearing concealer. The lower half of my face seemed to disappear. I tried with gloss on top and still nothing - so I returned it. Beware PPP's!

I am still a little shy of nudes, but am starting to warm up to NYX's Thalia which is about as nude as I will go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this lipstick without even reading the reviews on MA. I own several L'Oreal lipsticks and they always are a reliable buy for me. I've rarely been disappointed with the colour, consistency or price of this line. I have recently been on a "nude" lipstick kick. I bought three recently (Cover Girl - Honeyed, Maybelline - Nude Lust and L'Oreal - Fairest Nude). I love this one for everyday wear. It's a perfect nude for my complexion. Not too pink or chalky looking but just pretty, soft, pinky beige with neutral tan undertones. It has become my staple lipstick and actually livens up my face. LOVE. x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

this is my HG nude shade that i wear every day to work.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had heard many great things about this lipstick from YouTube, so I decided to try it when it was on sale at my drugstore. I believe I got it for just under $9 CAD, so while that's not horrible for a lippy, I'd much rather have a MAC lipstick for $10 more.

The packaging is just o-k. It's in a square gold tube with a snap closure, which is fine however it seems dated. But, this is the case with most of L'Oreal's lipsticks.

The color is really pretty. It resembles Angel and Blankety from MAC mixed together, leaning more on the brown side. I have NC15 or 1N1 skin, and blonde hair, and this doesn't look like a "Nude" on me, it is more of a light beige/pink. It applies very smoothly, and makes your lips look smooth and soft. On me, it wore for about 4 hours before fading, which I was pleased with.

The problem I have with this lippy is the smell! If you read other reviews, you will find this is a common theme. I personally have never had a problem with scented lipsticks, I've never been bothered by one to the point that I felt sick. But this is just horrible. It smells like plasticy-old lady, it's hard to describe but very chemical-like. Not only can you smell it extremely strongly from the moment you open the tube, but you can taste it too. I feel like I'm eating it, and it makes me thirsty and sick to my stomach.

For that reason, I had to return it, and I can't reccommend this lipstick to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think the color is great, but good lord the smell!! I hate the smell!

It has a very off-putting odor, and the scent seems to last a long time. Typically scented things don't bother me much, but something about this... it's just so bad!

The scent is strong enough that my spouse noticed it when we kissed, and mentioned how bad it smelled.

I thought maybe I had gotten an expired one. I went to the drugstore and smelled a few other ones, nope... it's just how they smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use this as lipstick--instead it's my go-to eyeshadow, blush and melasma camouflage. As an eyeshadow, it gives a beautiful pink nude color to my lids that NEVER creases or cakes. It's a beautiful nude-style blush. And lastly, it completely covers my melasma lines at the jawline. I have purchased it over and over, with lots of backups in case it gets discontinued. I love the color, the easy transport, the fact that it takes up practically no space in my purse, the fact that the case is square and doesn't roll off my counter, the fact that I don't have to buy three things and can just use this one, and the price.

The only con that I can think of is the old lady fragrance, but I'm used to it now (plus, I am an old lady!) That, and I despise the fact that it is tested on animals--get with the program, L'oreal/Lancome!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted this. so freaking badly. I hardly wear nudes actually, and I see how hard it is for a nude to be 'right'. I previously bought Nyx Pure Nude and it just was NOT doing it, so I returned it. This looked nice in swatches and was highly regaurded, so I waaaiiiteed for a good sale and picked it up. I *am* happy with it, but since nudes are so tricky I will pick on a few things. It's not concealer-y, which is great, but because of that, it's also a subtle nude. It's kind of like a MLBB, and either I have dark lips or it's just very taupey pink in itself that it almost doesn't show. But at the same time, it does just enough to give a nude look without making me looking dead, and after all that is the challenge. Subtle but something....I almost notice it more from a distance than up close. This is a nice cream (my favorites) with a good consistancy. It's not dry or chalky overkill when you put too much BUT I still felt the need to blot or the lightness of it accentuates the lines in your lips and too much build up looks obvious. Again, issues with light lip colors. (I don't have to blot many corals for example, or some other shades, but do blot many reds and random other ones that are either too light or too thick.) Once you blot, you get that kind of matte settled-in look that isn't overly shiny or waxy like the Nyx one was. I'm not a fan of gloss, but this lip color is great because you can add it on top or have a more subtle shine-free matte look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by michkal

I have soooo many different lipsticks that I like, but this is the one I consistently come back to. Like others have said, it's a nude that has just enough color. It makes my lips looks naturally fuller. Most nudes wash me out, but this one doesn't even though it's pretty light. It's opaque, so I kind of dab it on. I'll put gloss on top if I want it shinier. Alone, it's just so pretty! Definitely worth a try, especially at this price. I see people hate the scent, but I love it! I pair it with au naturale liner, which I also love.