April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Heavenly Bodies Buttercream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I got the Heavenly Bodies Buttercream as a sample last week when I dropped by LUSH to pick up a few bubble bars. The sales associate informed me that Heavenly Bodies has actually been discontinued. So a word to the wise, if you are in love with this soap, snap it up while you still can.
As for me, LUSH's buttercreams are one product that I desperately want to love, but always end up feeling very "blah" about. I had previously received a sample of the Lemslip Buttercream the last time I was in, and I actually prefer that one over Heavenly Bodies. At least I could manage to get some lather out of Lemslip. Heavenly Bodies did not lather at all. I know that the buttercreams aren't supposed to lather very much, but at least the Lemslip lathered a little. It is very difficult to be sure that you are really getting yourself clean when the soap pretty much disappears on your body/bath poof. I nearly used my whole sample in one shower because I kept desperately trying to work it into my bath poof and get it to do something...anything! But it would just leave a weird brown film on my poof, then disappear completely once it got anywhere near my body.
The scent was pleasing at first...very yummy. A deep, woodsy/earthy chocolate fragrance. But after a while it became almost too much, to the point where the smell kinda bothers me now.
I feel that the buttercreams are pretty over priced for what you get, as well. I think they are nice in theory, but fall short in performance. Glad that I only ever tried this one as a sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In NZ we sell the buttercreams like a slice of cake not in a pot so i think because my piece had been sitting out for awhile it was 'cured' and was quite solid. It didn't really foam was nice and moisturing, has the same scent as Sonic Death Monkey (discon'd). Upset my eczema (which I was hoping it wouldn't do) probably because of the citrus. I will use my chunk up.Think this has now been discon'd too.
EDIT - used this with Curly Wurly Shampoo. Smelled AMAZING!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by supershopper22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Bought this at our FIRST Lush visit- Thought it was expensive but would be a treat to use. In the store I only smelled chocolate. Used it in the shower the first time tonight- This time I got chocolate and Root beer? Very strange.... all the reviews said lemon and citrus- but some reason all I smelled was root beer. Anyway- generally dissapointed at the moisturizing aspect of this- i had to put on lotion after the shower which is unusual for me- usually i use moisturizing soaps that do not leave my skin requiring lotion. won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try out this product, because my skin is really dry and flaky in the winter and I have a hard time finding a moisturizing shower product.
What I like:
- the smell, very pleasant, not strong, chocolatey and a little bit orangey
- it moisturized my skin really well, no flakyness and also no oily residue
Don't like:
- the price, way too high, I got a pretty big sample (maybe around 20g, which is one fifth of a full one - 100g) and it only lasted me about 5 times. I wasn't waisting it, I went on my skin once or twice with it and that is all.
- the way it slips out of your hands, I dropped it in the shower at least 3-4 times, very very slippery.

Overall, good product, I like the idea and how my skin feels after but not worth the money. I wish they did it in a different formula, not like a bar of soap, maybe get it a little more liquidy and put it in a bottle.
It does not lather, but I was fine with that, I wasn't expecting it since it is 80% oils.
I'd swap for it and maybe get a sample, but it is not worth the full price since it does not last that long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Weird stuff to me! Shouldn't have bought that online because I wouldn't have bought this in a shop anyway. Doesn't smell as nice as you might expect. It also melts very fast, which is a total downside, as bathrooms always are warm places. I'm refusing to get it in the fridge, cause I wouldn't like to get a cold-shock in the shower afterwards.
It moisturizes and does its job - but it's nothing special at all.
Won't buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

I loved using the lemslip buttercream for when my skin misbehaved and tried to breakout..but this is a real treat =D smells like a chocolate orange!! cleans me up nicely, moisturises perfectly and just smells beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It smells like chocolate orangy goodness. The batch I got was harder than the Lemslip thus making it easier to use and didn't melt as fast. It seemed to do a good job of cleaning and moisturizing my skin. I would recommend this to people who like chocolate orange scented bath products and don't mind the lack of lather of these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Chocolate, Orange, lemon...sounds like a dessert right? I was thinking this would smell so wonderful like some sort of French pastery. Boy, was I wrong. This smell like chemicals mixed with more chemicals. Nothing about the scent was appealing. It melts super fast, comes in a crappy container, is hard to use because it doesn't lather and its expensive! Unless you want to be sorely disappointed, pass on this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Sour

Heavenly Bodies isnít one of my favorite Lush products. I find that it smells a little chemically and not much chocolaty. I definitely wonít repurchase. Not what I was expecting at all. Donít waste your money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did NOT lather at all. It broke off really badly in the shower and was really annoying to wash with. I would not purchase and VERY happy it was a sample I was using. The smell was divine, but I like lather.