November 21, 2014 | 1055 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - White Camellia & Jasmine Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I love this shampoo. It is not a good shampoo for lathering but is gentle smoothing and did not dry my hair out. I don't need it to be 'detangling or lather a lot. I would buy again. I loved this with conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why oh why didn't I read the reviews for this one! I went to repurchase the Honeysuckle Rose one and my local store was out so I though why not try the white camelia one how different can it be...well it sucks it is super heavy greasy and I am hoping they will exchange it even though I lost the receipt!! Can't even use it for washing hand washables
Do not recommend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i was so excited when i bought this because i was looking forward to trying a sulfate-free shampoo. my hair is dry, frizzy, and could definitely use some tlc. this made my hair DISGUSTING and OILY. I kept telling myself that it was doing good and that i'd get used to it but after almost a month of looking greasy and nasty i went back to my "evil" pantene. maybe it's bad for my hair but at least i don't look like i've stopped showering.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by lonjin

i had once a long time ago tried their camellia oil conditioning shampoo with the asian characters on the front of the bottle and that was my most favorite shampoo in the whole wide world. I didn't need to condition afterwards and my hair was soft, shiny, and bouncy...when i ran out of that bottle i went to the store to purchase some more only to find they changed the formula...to force customers to but a seperate shampoo and conditioner. I gave those a try and i ended up with dull, hair build up. Aubrey Organics if you're listening please bring back the old formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aubrey Organics White Camellia

Description/Overall Conclusion: This is an ďorganicĒ shampoo from Aubrey Organics. It contains no laurel sulfates, parabens or petrolatum-based ingredients. In fact, itís classified as vegan. This particular formulation is supposed to help smooth hair for straighter straight hair and frizz-less curls. Love the idea of organic shampoo with no laurel sulfates but I think Iím going to keep looking.

RAVES: I really like the smell of this shampoo. Itís natural without being overpowering like JASON 84% Aloe shampoo. Also, the fragrance doesnít linger so you donít swing your hair and continue to smell the Ďpoo all day (ha haÖI said smell the poo).

RANTS: Because there are no laurel sulfates in this shampoo, it does not lather. And I donít mean just lathers a little Ė it absolutely does not lather which I donít like at all. Iíve used other shampoos without laurel sulfates and have always managed to get a decent amount of lather but I had a REALLY hard time working with this one. I hate to say that without the laurel sulfate, I really question how clean my hair is getting. Also, while it looks fine, my hair feels heavy (if that makes sense) and this shampoo definitely rinses funny. I didnít necessarily feel like I couldnít get it out of my hair like some reviewers said but it left my definitely feeling weird. I wish I could completely describe it but I canít.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I could give this no lippies, I would. I bought this because of the soy protein, but it's the only cosmetic product I've ever returned to the store. It does not lather at all, and you can't rinse it out of your hair. I'd hardly consider it a shampoo. I had to get out of the shower and find shampoo in another bathroom to wash it out and I kept getting horrible rats nests in my hair for a few days after. If your hair is longer than 2 inches, I can tell you this product will do the **opposite** of what it says it does. STAY AWAY.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Haesel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this shampoo, I thought it was my HG. It didn't dry out my hair at all (no moisture-leaching sodium laureth/laurels in this one-- it's the sud-maker in shampoos) and it smelled strongly of jasmine. I didn't even have to use conditioner, and yet my hair was not weighed-down or oily. AND I only needed a tablespoon for my nearly waist-length hair.

BUT... after a couple of months, something changed. Although I had shaked the bottle every time I used it, I suspect somehow the Ph of it changed because my scalp suddenly got unbearably itchy and flaky after my hair dried. So now it has become a very effective shampoo for washing haired makeup brushes. :(

Try Lamas Botanicals Rice Protein shampoo for a much better shampoo w/out sodium laureth/lauryl foaming agents. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jlbff

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope, not good at all as most have already said. This has to be one of their worst shampoos, although it smells great. That's pretty much the only good thing I can say about it. I couldn't even use it as a bodywash or hand soap instead. Try Aubrey's Island Naturals Shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfiend2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is my holy grail! I tried in when I became interested in natural beauty products and wanted something without harsh chemiclas. I was surprised to see so many bad reviews, maybe this shampoo isn't right for the other reviewers' hair type. My hair is dry, has a very slight wave, gets frizzy and fuller when it's humid and a hair stylist once told me that its very porous. After using one bottle of this shampoo my hair was far less frizzy. I've been using it for over a year now and my hair is in better condition than it has been in years. The shampoo's texture is a bit unusual, as other reviewers have said, and it doesn't lather much, but the results on my hair are amazing! I don't even need to use conditioner every day. It leaves my hair soft and shiny and really tames the frizzies, even in a humid Chicago summer. It doesn't completely eliminate frizz, but it helps a lot. I've tried their JAY shampoo too, but this one works better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by fallinghair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo dried out my natura/relaxed hair. I took it back to the store.