October 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Essential Brightening Eye Color - Luxe

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by larissalilygeard16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! its super affordable and looks so pretty on! =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This review is for the e.l.f. Essential Brightening Eye Color in Luxe.
The four colors in the quad are all frosty/shimmer without glitter.
Light gold - highlighter, medium pigment
Warm Taupe - medium pigment
Dark Gray/Brown - light/medium pigment,
Vibrant brick red - Is a gorgeous, rich rose gold, creamy feel, pretty color
They all are on the powdery side and this quad doesn't blend well. It you put the taupe near the gray/brown they blend into one muddy color very easily. So for a dollar in this case, you get what you pay for from elf. There are better options out there for shimmer shadows like Wet n Wild and NYX for a few dollars more, but that deep rose gold shade is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This little guy is a total gem! I bought it online without checking the reviews because I needed to reach the free shipping limit on the ELF website and I am so glad that I did! For $1 you get these colors: Golden beige, Rusty cranberry, Dark brown and a Taupe. I tried the cranberry color first and I was surprised at how bright it was on my eyelids, definitely not a color to wear on its own. To tone it down I used the taupe color and together they created a beautiful mix that really brings out my hazel eyes. The colors are very pigmented, virtually no fall out and when used with a good primer (I use urban decays eye primer), they are super long lasting! Each of the four colors are arranged in small triangles which makes it a little hard to pick up the pigment using large brushes but the Elf eye shadow brush works well with it! Since it is compact and contains several shades, it makes it ideal when traveling lite or to take to the gym! A definite beauty must try!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this eyeshadow. I did notice a slight highlighting affect after application and the color saturation was very good. My only quip is that sections are so small, I often found my brush overlapping into the other sections, but for this price it's really not worth complaining about.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this yesterday, along with butternut which I have yet to use, because of the high ratings here. I have to say I'm disappointed, and I am no brand snob.

The colors themselves do not mesh very well, the gold highlight and the cranberry shade seem to clash with the crease colors. They "are" pigmented, but they are also extremely chalky, which makes for a huge mess. Little bits of highly pigmented fluff flying all over, both in the pans and on your eye... so it's very difficult not to wind up with a muddy mess. I did use these over a good primer- and so far they have held up well, but even from the very beginning they appeared washed out and splotchy because it was so difficult to apply and blend without color winding up all over the place. Tons of fall out. The only way I can see these being usable is to do your eyes first, and do a very simple look, maybe one color on the lid and then a highlight.

I use a lot of very cheap brands, and there is much better than this out there. For a dollar or two more you can get some really nice shadows and save yourself a lot of grief.

The packaging is fine, plenty of room to get a brush in the pans, opens and closes easily, very small and portable... but with the softness of the shadows I would not expect them to travel well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a while, but I really like this quad the only colors I use are the light gold as a highlight, and now the taupe color an the corner which is a perfect "dupe" for wet n' wild nutty. the pigmentation is pretty good but without a base they will fade all and all I would repurchase this or just get nutty from wnw because I do like the highlight but I have enough highlights

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love the colors in this palette. They're great for everyday but I feel that the consistency and texture isn't that great. The shadows tend to be too powdery and dry, which makes it very hard to blend. However, they are insanely pigmented and they last quite a long time without fading or creasing. For a dollar eyeshadow, it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I tried some of that red stuff on my lower lash line and surprisingly, it looked amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

I got this quad along with the elf eye primer (the $1 one, not the mineral one) and I haven't used it without priming my eyes with it first. The colors are pigmented and will look good on a lot of different people. The lightest shade is a good highlight for light-med skin tones, and the cranberry color looks dramatic in the pan but blends into a soft reddish tone on the eyes. The two shades on the right work well in a neutral look with the light highlight if the red is too bold for day. Overall, this is a great palette and I'm excited to try more quads from elf in the future.

Only one star off for the packaging because the mirror is unnecessary and the sponge applicator is not great. I'd actually prefer if this were packaged without them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by megathon

This quad is great. As many people have said, the colors are super pretty, decently pigmented, not too shimmery, and they last a pretty long time. I've used the taupe color in the upper-right-hand corner up already, because it is the perfect brown smokey eye color for my skintone. The cranberry shade is gorgeous as well. The only color that I could really do without is the light gold color, but for $1, I'm not complaining. I will definitely buy this again.