E.L.F. e.l.f. Essential Brightening Eye Color - Luxe

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I love this product! its super affordable and looks so pretty on! =)

on 1/22/2014 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the e.l.f. Essential Brightening Eye Color in Luxe.
The four colors in the quad are all frosty/shimmer without glitter.
Light gold - highlighter, medium pigment
Warm Taupe - medium pigment
Dark Gray/Brown - light/medium pigment,
Vibrant brick red - Is a gorgeous, rich rose gold, creamy feel, pretty color
They all are on the powdery side and this quad doesn't blend well. It you put the taupe near the gray/brown they blend into one muddy color very easily. So for a dollar in this case, you get what you pay for from elf. There are better options out there for shimmer shadows like Wet n Wild and NYX for a few dollars more, but that deep rose gold shade is worth it.

on 10/6/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I liked this eyeshadow. I did notice a slight highlighting affect after application and the color saturation was very good. My only quip is that sections are so small, I often found my brush overlapping into the other sections, but for this price it's really not worth complaining about.

on 6/24/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this yesterday, along with butternut which I have yet to use, because of the high ratings here. I have to say I'm disappointed, and I am no brand snob.

The colors themselves do not mesh very well, the gold highlight and the cranberry shade seem to clash with the crease colors. They "are" pigmented, but they are also extremely chalky, which makes for a huge mess. Little bits of highly pigmented fluff flying all over, both in the pans and on your eye... so it's very difficult not to wind up with a muddy mess. I did use these over a good primer- and so far they have held up well, but even from the very beginning they appeared washed out and splotchy because it was so difficult to apply and blend without color winding up all over the place. Tons of fall out. The only way I can see these being usable is to do your eyes first, and do a very simple look, maybe one color on the lid and then a highlight.

I use a lot of very cheap brands, and there is much better than this out there. For a dollar or two more you can get some really nice shadows and save yourself a lot of grief.

The packaging is fine, plenty of room to get a brush in the pans, opens and closes easily, very small and portable... but with the softness of the shadows I would not expect them to travel well.

on 10/7/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

It took me a while, but I really like this quad the only colors I use are the light gold as a highlight, and now the taupe color an the corner which is a perfect "dupe" for wet n' wild nutty. the pigmentation is pretty good but without a base they will fade all and all I would repurchase this or just get nutty from wnw because I do like the highlight but I have enough highlights

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love the colors in this palette. They're great for everyday but I feel that the consistency and texture isn't that great. The shadows tend to be too powdery and dry, which makes it very hard to blend. However, they are insanely pigmented and they last quite a long time without fading or creasing. For a dollar eyeshadow, it's pretty good.

on 7/1/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I tried some of that red stuff on my lower lash line and surprisingly, it looked amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this quad along with the elf eye primer (the $1 one, not the mineral one) and I haven't used it without priming my eyes with it first. The colors are pigmented and will look good on a lot of different people. The lightest shade is a good highlight for light-med skin tones, and the cranberry color looks dramatic in the pan but blends into a soft reddish tone on the eyes. The two shades on the right work well in a neutral look with the light highlight if the red is too bold for day. Overall, this is a great palette and I'm excited to try more quads from elf in the future.

Only one star off for the packaging because the mirror is unnecessary and the sponge applicator is not great. I'd actually prefer if this were packaged without them.

on 12/30/2010 5:15:00 PM

This quad is great. As many people have said, the colors are super pretty, decently pigmented, not too shimmery, and they last a pretty long time. I've used the taupe color in the upper-right-hand corner up already, because it is the perfect brown smokey eye color for my skintone. The cranberry shade is gorgeous as well. The only color that I could really do without is the light gold color, but for $1, I'm not complaining. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My favorite quad out of ELF! It's pigmented and the colors look great! (NW45) This is a must have!