October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Clear Exfoliating wash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

Been using this for two weeks along with the moisturiser, as in the last few months my skin has broken out so so so so badly!! My skin is already looking clearer and smoother, no more breakouts since. Am happy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells ok and expected it to work very well as never had a reaction to their products before. Slightly exfoliating and made my skin tingle on application but not great as a cleanser and still had to use a cream to get rid of make up traces. I had the worst reaction to this, what can only be described as burns. My skin on my chin and cheeks turned red and then became irritated. After about an hour it looked as though my skin was starting to bubble. It took 10 days for my skin to calm down and I could not cover up the reaction with make up as make up just settled into the cracks and dry skin. Have not bought any neutrogena products since.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Roxy28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe it's supposed to be used on a daily basis! I've used that product for about 2 months, and it did nothing but irritate my combination and sensitive skin. Basically I was expecting a product that would gently remove the dirt and oil of my skin everyday and I found myself with an abrasive and harsch product that left my skin irritated and even more prone to breakouts.

So definitely not for you if your skin is sensitive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is a ok cleanser, but it does not give that "clean" feeling and it does not keep my acne away. Actually it is very soft and mild. I don't know why they call it exfoliating, but it has extremly small granules that disappear when you work up a lather.

So to me, this is not a good cleanser or a real "scrub". Something in between and without keeping my acne away.

I can use this to remove my makeup (foundation, powder) but that's all....

There are many better products.

Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cw9090

works pretty good as your weekly scrub - but i wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin as it can make any red or irritated areas worse
don't think it did much to help with clearing my skin - but then i don't think anything ever will!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although it is gentle , I found out, it doesn't clean properly because I always feel a little oily on my nose after use.
EDIT: I think it contains alcohol and menthol which makes it smell so strange.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by marylola50

I have combo skin, and this seriously mattifies your skin, for me it was a bit too much, but if that is what you need, then this is the product for you, and the great thing about this product is that it lasts forever, you just need the litttlest big for your face, a little goes a LONG ways. And it did nice things for my pores, can't be the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this wash for about six months now. It does seem to keep my hormonal spots to a minimum. Sometimes I leave it on for a few minutes and use it as a mini-mask.

I think it could be drying my skin a little bit - but most acne products do so it's probably not unique to this one.

Overall it's an inexpensive product that I can run down to the store and grab when I need more so I will keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by becca77112

i love this product i use it as an exfoliator every 3 or 4 nights just before bed and when i wake up in the morning my skin looks clearer and fresher i like that its gentle becuase my skin cant handle harsh products ii just love what it does for my skin great product !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ariel1066

this has done wonders for clearing up my blackheads and my unruly skin - people have been commenting that my skin is looking its best in months.
my only gripe is i find it quite drying on my skin so i've had to cut down my usage to every other day and religiously moisturise after use.
overall though i really would recommend this.