November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Heavenly Face Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jivste

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm overall really happy with this product. Yes, it does shed a little, but it is real goats hair so that is prone to happen. It doesn't shed a lot, just a little in the beginning. If you clean it properly it won't shed a lot.

Other than that, it's an amazing brush for applying mineral make up. It's soft, yet it still coats your skin evenly with the powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this as a online gift purchase and use it for loose powder. It picks up too much so I have to tap off excess. This is designed for mineral makeup anyways. Heavenly FB reminds me of Sephora Blush/Bronzer Brush #43 which looks pretty similar but sephora`s bristles are much softer. I suppose you can use Heavenly as a bronzer brush to contour.

My Heavenly does not shed as much. But I still prefer BE Flawless Application Face Brush which is big enough to even out color. As for Heavenly, I might start using fr blusher/bronzer due its flare design and how it picks up color on the huge flat top that goes nicely to the apples of my cheeks. The handle is light, sturdy and has a nice grip hold. Its a gift so im nt complaining

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

The Heavenly truly did feel soft and, well, heavenly, on my face. I use it to blend my whole face once all my other products are applied and also to tap color on my cheeks. 1 lippie off for the shedding everyone mentions. Just a hair here and there though, in my experience, but still for this price there shouldn't be any. And 1 lippie off for the pricing - this is one of the higher priced BE brushes and again, I would expect very little to no shedding. Not a necessary brush, but I didn't have this size flat-top brush so welcomed it to the family :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this brush for $30 at my local Sephora. This thing sheds like crazy. Now, I haven't had any shedding on my face, but when I wash this brush, the bristles just flare and drop out, which is a shame because this brush gives you some excellent coverage. It's absolutely phenomenal for applying liquid foundation.

I'm not sure if I just got that one bad brush out of the batch or what, but I have ELF brushes from the Studio Line (which cost about $3 a piece) that have little to no shedding. So you can probably imagine my frustration when I got home (after spending $30, mind you) and washed my Heavenly Face brush only to have it shed all over the place. I find it odd that BE would put out such a shoddy brush because I have a few other Bare Escentual brushes namely the Flawless Face, Heavenly Line and Buff, Tapered Blush, Maximum Coverage Concealer brushes, which have never shed even after years of multiple washings.

The only reason I'm giving this an overall rating of 2, is because despite it's shedding, it provides excellent foundation coverage. I most likely won't be repurchasing, and I wouldn't recommend it either. Save your money, and put it towards a better brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by adara260

3.5/5

I love the feel of this brush and its dense head for applying mineral foundation. This is the second time I've bought this brush. The only thing that keeps this brush from being perfect is that it sheds. The first one didn't shed until about a year in. Then it shed so bad I had to throw it out and use other brushes. This time I got the brush on sale. I snapped it up because I knew it would make a huge difference in my Ready foundation application. It really does make a big difference! Too bad it sheds so badly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is the ideal shape and size for applying either powder mineral foundation or liquid foundation. The brush itself is sturdy and appears to be well made. I do not have an allergic reaction to this brush, which is a problem that I have had with other Bare Minerals brushes (redness and itchy skin).
My problem with this brush is that it SHEDS. Not only when I clean it, but when I apply foundation with it. It sheds the long hairs, but it also sheds small hairs upon foundation application. When I use this brush, I spend over five minutes in front of the mirror picking the small hairs that were shed from my face with a tweezer. I estimate that each time I use it I tweeze two or three long hairs and at least fifteen to twenty tiny hairs from my face. I love how the brush makes my foundation look, but I hardly use it as it is very frustrating and time consuming to remove all of the hairs from my face that the brush sheds.
I do not recommend this brush based on the fact that it is by far the worst brush I have ever used in terms of shedding.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great flat top brush for mineral makeup. It's super dense and the coverage is even. The goat hair can be a little hard and it irritates my sensitive skin so I can't use this brush everyday or in the winter when my skin is extra sensitive. This brush is really nice and sturdy and maintains its shape even after many washings. I have not had any fallout problems with this brush either. It can be used for mineral makeup, blush, or bronzer, all with great results. If my skin was not so sensitive, this would be my daily mineral brush but I use everyday minerals flat top brush instead because it has softer synthetic bristles but for special occasions and in the summer, I like this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SkyLightsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So soft and dense! Works very well and is my favorite brush to apply my mineral makeup. One of the best brush I have ever used. Fast and easy to apply foundation too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Yaya415

I bought this brush and I have few questions if someone can help me.
Is this good for liquid foundation? And what is it best to apply it like stippling it or in motions I don't want it to look streaky. And last is it Similar than the sigma f80 synthetic flat top brush? I just expected this brush would be good for liquid foundation please and thanks for anyone dat helps:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kahoo58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is fabulous for putting on LIQUID foundation. You get a flawless look and you can do your face very quickly. Haven't had any issues with bristles falling out. Love this brush!