December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

Masks - Sea Salt Mask

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Ok so after using this for about two weeks I have decided to stop.
I did not notice it help with discoloration. scars, skintone, or my oily skin in any way.
As for blemishes I think I actually got a bit more?? Not sure. I do know that it did not prevent them at all. It did, however, help to reduce the size of them by morning. Did not make them go away but toned them down a bit and reduced swelling.
For me I just was not satisfied with this and if I have to mix up my own products I would prefer whipping up a turmeric mask, or using a milk facial.

I used with water and salt as a mask (this helped the most with bringing down swelling in large blemishes in the skin)

I also used with a olive oil, water and salt scrub mix. I kept it in my shower and used it there. I would leave it on for a few minutes longer after scrubbing GENTLY.

It did exfoliate well and made my skin super soft but any scrub and oil can do that.
I prefer using my brown sugar, olivie oil, lemon scrub for an exfoliant over this.

This is not something I am going to use again. Like I said I prefer my diy scrub with brown sugar, turmeric masks, and asprin masks for blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by foxybynature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using a sea salt and water solution on my face during the day and I noticed an improvement in the pores on my nose and in overall radiance! Just mix a cup of sea salt with a cup of warm water then apply it to a cotton round and apply the water mixture to your face. I apply it in the morning after washing my face and I can feel it killing the acne. I leave it on all day and wear it under my makeup. The grit never bothers me and it's not noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by IdaVerbraeken

This is my very first review here on Makeupalley, hello everyone!! :)

So... I don't really consider myself as an acne patient, but I do have some closed comedones and some of them will grow into small pimples. But those small pimples can be so inflamed... Really annoying.

I did some research and I found out that sea salt could help with my problem. So I took a small bowl, poured some sea salt in, mixed it with hot water and soaked it into a cotton ball. I put it al over my face and I made a sea salt paste for those little pimples.

The next morning.. I ran to the mirror and I noticed that the pimples were smaller and the closed comedones barely noticeble. SAY WHAT?! I was so happy!

I have oily skin, so I left it on without using moisterizer and my skin loved it :)
I also used it on a red spot on my back that wouldn't go away and it seems to help!

I'm sold! I love love love sea salt and I will continue to use it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is crazy! How did I never hear about this before? So thrilled with these results...

As I've gotten older and found better products, my skin has cleared considerably but my hormonal cysts from that TOM still plague me occasionally. Unfortunately, I have a problem with picking at these which leads to an even bigger mess. Enter help from the experts at MUA! I read about using sea salt to dry up these issues and remembered how seawater would clear up my teenage acne (and even my baby sister's stubborn diaper rash, but that's a whole other story). For the price, I figured I had nothing to lose!

I put some water in a teacup and added a bunch of the natural sea salt from my cupboard, then popped in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stirred til dissolved, then used a funnel to pour into a travel-sized 4 oz bottle.

Twice a day, I use a cotton round to apply this solution to my popped-cyst mess. Let sit for 5 minutes (stings but doesn't BURN) and then rinse. This dried and flattened my cyst within a DAY and is helping it to heal so well and quickly! I couldn't be happier with the results!!

Still hoping to have better self control and KEEP MY HANDS OFF, but at least this has helped me out. Would like to try this on un-popped zits to see if it can't help dry them up.

As always, thanks to you wise members here at MUA for helping me out. Love this site!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ziastarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After a recent dip in the salty Atlantic, I discovered that some spots I had been battling were greatly reduced. What was amazing was how my skin was not dry or irritated--but surprisingly smooth. As I stared out into the ocean, the golden afternoon sun warming my back, the revelation came to me suddenly--sea salt, for everyday use.

One morning recently I woke up with some angry bumps fighting for their existence on my face. I mixed about half a teaspoon into my usual fuller's earth+turmeric zit zapping masque, and patted it on. I left it on for about 30 minutes, not noticing any itchiness or anything. When I washed it off, to my supreme joy--my skin was obscenely smooth. And not greasy, or dry. Perfect. It was perfect.

I dissolved another half teaspoon into my rosewater toner, and sprayed it on. Yet again, my skin is smooth and not greasy. I feel that the tiny bumps that spring up on my forehead are greatly diminished.

I would give this fifty lippies if I could. Literally a fraction of a penny, and an incredible ingredient.

Remember to use sea salt, not regular table salt. Table salt is just sodium chloride, sea salt has many other minerals in it that do the good stuff. Sea salt is very cheap and can be found anywhere. Morton's has a sea salt, but you can also buy it in bags at Asian or Indian grocery stores quite cheaply.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately sea salt always causes itchy, sore breakouts all over my face whether I use it straight or as an ingredient in something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

So, a few days ago after reading great things about sea salt for acne, I decided to try it out. What I do is fill a small spray bottle about 1/4 the way full with natural sea salt (I got mine for like $2 at Target!), and then fill to the top with warm water. Then, I shake it up until all of the salt has dissolved. Morning and night, I spray a generous amount all over my face after cleansing. I leave it on for about 3 minutes, and then blot the excess off with some toilet tissue. I don't rinse it off! In the morning, I'll apply my moisturizer after it dries all the way.

Right now, it's day 4 (or 5?), and my skin has been doing nothing but clearing up! My forehead only has a few tiny bumps, and I have a few spots on my cheeks/mouth area that are still clearing up. I definitely noticed a purge starting after the second or third day, but it was nothing too bad. I've also noticed that I don't have to apply as much moisturizer anymore! For the first few days, I feel like the salt was dehydrating my skin, but now it seems to have a slight moisturizing effect! This morning I didn't even have to moisturize! I'll definitely keep using and update you guys!

UPDATE (AFTER 2 WEEKS):
Still loving it! My skin has been looking better and better as the days go on. I do still get random breakouts, but nothing compared to what I used to get. I've noticed that it is more effective if I don't follow up with a moisturizer. Morning and night, I'll just wash my face, apply my sea salt toner, and I'm good for the day/night. I've also started applying the mixture with a cotton pad rather than spraying it on. I like the light exfoliation from the cotton pad. I've also noticed that my skin feels a lot softer and smoother. I'm hoping my complexion keeps improving as I continue with this routine! I'll update again in a week or so!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by saldiamond

So far, i've tried this only twice, but i'm so impressed.

i always get big juicy whiteheads (ew i know lol) and 1 or 2 cysts around that time of the month, and usually i just have to let time do its job and the pimples will calm down in a week or so. this time, two whiteheads burst while i was washing my face, and i don't know why but i came up with the idea to put diluted sea salt on them to disinfect them. i then covered them with a bandaid and went to bed.

usually the next morning they would still be raised pimples without the pus, but this time they were totally flat! one of them i couldn't even tell where it was o:

totally amazing. i'm going to try it a few more times and update my review, hence the 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Oh yeah this works. I've been dealing with a serious, out-of-the-blue, unrelenting acne breakout for the last 2-3 weeks. I honestly forgot how frustrating a serious breakout can be, I had been enjoying good-to-excellent skin for a long stretch of time up until recently. Anyway, long story short, I read about the Sea Salt Mask here on the Product Reviews and out of sheer desperation I gave it a try.
I dissolved a large amount of sea salt (just stuff from my kitchen) into a bowl of hot water, dipped my Shiseido cottons into the mixture and applied all over. And it stung. It stung so badly I almost washed it off immediately, but I waited it out and just let it dry. Rinsed with cleanser after about thirty minutes and moisturized as usual.
This is drying. Absolutely. But what acne treatment isn't drying? That's just the name of the game. The point is one day later my blemishes are all shriveled up, drying out, and peeling off. My skin overall looks smoother and more even, it's almost given me a peeling-effect but without all the post-peeling trauma. I am so glad I tried this. Don't be scared- give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use a water/seasalt dilution as a toner that I do rinse after 5 - 30 minutes later.... and moisturize as needed. Sea salt can be healthy for you.... particularly topically and SEA salt. just look into it biochemically. I noticed the clearing of my complexion every time I traveled seaside, California, isle of Skye, Vancouver....